Anyone willing to give advice?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Isn't hard. You'd be surprised what kind of nutrients are in composted grass clippings and maple leaves. That's all I ever used. Maybe a little chicken manure before the hawks and 'yotes ate 'em all. During flower, I do topdress with a little bone meal or wood ashes. That's it.
If I'm still kickin' next season, I'm gonna do a small gurelia grow out back, and I'll dig holes with a post hole digger and fill it up with tilled compost. Got those free seeds I won from Happy Plantz, so why not use 'em?

Isn't hard. You'd be surprised what kind of nutrients are in composted grass clippings and maple leaves. That's all I ever used. Maybe a little chicken manure before the hawks and 'yotes ate 'em all. During flower, I do topdress with a little bone meal or wood ashes. That's it.
If I'm still kickin' next season, I'm gonna do a small gurelia grow out back, and I'll dig holes with a post hole digger and fill it up with tilled compost. Got those free seeds I won from Happy Plantz, so why not use 'em?
i empty my compost bin in my garden(where the fill is) in the spring and dump my final grass cutting mixed with leaves in my garden every fall and spread the wood ash from my fireplace insert during the winter. the soil is starting to look nice but it is a struggle.

I gotta quit smoking that bubble hash in the morning. It was WeedSeedExpress that I won the seeds from. :eek:
I haven’t seen Happy Plantz on here for a while. Did he bail out?

Latest posts

Back