Apartments??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Devilweed

Reaction score
If one was to try and grow in an apartment how paractical would that be? I mean it sounds a bit risky, but is the smell and ventilation the only worry? If anyone grows in an apartment (Or strongly advises against it) how has it worked for you and was ventilation/smell a big issue? Thanks for any responses!

I have grown in several apartments and it does have it's own set of issues. Space is usually a good concern. I rented a two bedroom and lived in it by myself, people wonder right there.
Finding good ventiliation can be tricky, look for things like water heater vents, wether you can use the stove hood vent or not, if you have washer/dryer hook ups by any chance you can perhaps use that, depending on where it comes out.
You can always control smell to a certain extent with a filter and/or Ona buckets or other sources of smells in the exhaust route.
Heat can also become a problem if ventilation is an issue. I've had more than place where my room was hell-hole hot wheneer things were running.
It can be done, it just has a whole seperate set of issues.

yes very do able, i too grow in a two bedroom apt. my girl friend and i sleep in one room and grow in the other. i could vent the smell out of the ac or the (chemmenie)? but they are too far away from the grow room. what i do is doubble fillter the smell and what i do to controll the heat is make shure that the grow area has plenty of air curculation.

You absolutely NEED to have a carbon filter and vortex fan if you are in a apartment. Humidity rises quickly... and say u blow a breaker (like a friend did once vaccuuming) in 15 minutes it smells like u slaughtered 50 skunks. You should have plastic up at doorways.. with the stick on zipper to go through.. and at the bottom have the exhaust of the vortex fan blowing out. This is enough to refresh the air. If you could have a window open would always be better of course to bring in the air. This is how 90% of the growers I know do it... mainly because they live in cities... and have no land or their own house/building.

Latest posts

Back