Aquashield and Chem Nutes

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
do you know if the timing when adding the nutes after the Zone matters? Liike directions say to add Zone before PHing, then after PH add nutes. So what i did was put the Zone, waited 5 mins then PHed, then waited another 10 mins and added the nutes. Do you think that separation of time was necessary?

Ph-ing should always be your last step, otherwise the nutrients you add will change your solutions pH after you have adjusted it.
The bottle of Zone I have says "Add Gold Range Zone before nutrient then adjust pH (5.5-5.8)"
I added it as the first step when mixing up my solution, then nutes, then pH. No time in-between.

ok i just wanted to be sure that the chemcals got diluted cause i wasnt sure if concentrations of ZOne would effect the nutes in any way. And yeah i also checked the Ph after nutes. Mine never affect Ph though. In fact once I Ph the res i never have to adjust it until the next time i clean it. pretty odd but a good oddity.

I got another air pump today. woo. now for the explosion of growth (fingers crossed)

o i dont think Zone was the answer to my problems. The brown stuff is back with a vengeance. Not too bad, but not good. Gonna try a peroxide dunk tonight. Can someone just detail how i should do it? Do i just change the res and sterilize with the peroxide and/or bleach and then also add peroxide to the res before nutes and such? Do i flush and change res again or can i just add it along with the zone and nutes? 3% at 5ml per gallon right? can i add nutes to it or shoul di just stick with peroxide for a couple of days?

since i dont have a cam i have to use other photos for reference. this is basically what my roots look like except not nearly as bad and less roots. but im thinking if i dont get a handle on it soon it could end up like this.
http://www.420magazine.com/gallery/data/500/1134Root-rot-CB2.jpg

is it root rot or brown algae? is the peroxide a good choice for this?

ok so i take back anything negative i said about DM Zone. Whatever was threatening the plants' roots is definitely losing the fight. the Roots are really pulling through and the plants themselves looks as though they have been shot in the veins with life. no real explosion of growth or anything, except the roots themselves to some extent, but they do look like they can run a 5km marathon, albeit with a smoke break here and there. in short, DM Zone worked for me.

but i think i need to get some humdity in there. The leaves look to have that V shaped cupping which if i remember correctly is a physical sign from the plant that has to do with little humidity in the air or something...? if anyone could clarify on that issue id appreciate it very much

Latest posts

Back