are my new seedlings are indica?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

780blazed

Reaction score
Hey everyone, starting some new seedlings and am unsure if they are indica, but I believe they may be. Any comments on what you guys think are appreciated ✌

Thanks for the comments, I just noticed the first set of leaves were very wide, didn't know if you could tell yet based off of that or not. Thanks!

Those first round leaves are what lyfespan told you were cotyledons . They actually feed the babies for the first little while then they turn yellow and drop off. perfectly normal.

They look stretched to me, if it's bag seed your growing I'd just start over. Lower the lights and find the sweet spot with your setup.

They look stretched to me, if it's bag seed your growing I'd just start over. Lower the lights and find the sweet spot with your setup.

A bit drastic imo. Just bury them a bit deeper when you move into the next size pot. They'll be right as rain assuming all other factors are in place. Best of luck.

LOL--they will be okay.....unless they hermie. I feel about the same way about bagseed as so many of them hermy. They are stretched, but that is not a problem unless it continues. What size and kind of light do you have for them in how large a space?

I am using bagseed because that's all I can ever get my hands on..but I usually have success so there's that..for the seedlings I use a 60 watt blue lamp in a small cubby under my tv stand (about 1.5 by 1.5 by 1.5) (one foot and a half)

What do you mean by "blue lamp" Are you using a bulb (what kind) that is blue or a bulb that is in the 6500K range? There is a big difference.

@ The Hemp Goddess, the bulb was actually blue that I useduser it blew out and so for the seedlings growing I now use a cfl very close, as it does not get hot..

When we say blue light, we are not literally talking about a light that is blue. We are speaking of using light that is the 6500K range or the blue spectrum. I would suggest that you do some reading up on lighting as a single CFL is not going to be nearly enough light. And you are going to need a space set up that is dsedicated to the grow. Unfortunately, this is not a hobby that is easy or inexpensive. It takes a certain amount of money and a whole lot oif knowledge to take a plant from seed to harvest.

Bagseed is likely to hermie and ruin an entire crop. For a process that takes 4 months or so, it is worth it to buy quality genetics, which anyone can do. So, no one actually "uses bagseed because it is all they can get their hands on", they use them because they are not willing to buy good genetics. Trust me it is worth it, but only if you can actually outfit a proper grow space. Otherwise no matter what you use, you will not be successful. A single CFL is not going to do a plant. And sorry, but I have a really hard time believing that you have actually ever got anything to harvest with a 60 watt blue lamp--it just won't (can't) do the job.

I am using bagseed because that's all I can ever get my hands on..but I usually have success so there's that..for the seedlings I use a 60 watt blue lamp in a small cubby under my tv stand (about 1.5 by 1.5 by 1.5) (one foot and a half)

Try to get your space either painted out flat white or hang some white contact paper to aid the light dispersion, don't use foil. The cfl should be in the 5000k-6500k spectrum, these are called "daylight" lamps, and you can just about touch the seedlings with these lamps.

Bag seed is great to learn with, it will give you challenges to face and experiences to learn from. That stretch everyone is talking about is easily correctable when you transplant next week into your 1-3 gallon pots. You are just going to bury most of the stem, thus strengthening the plant by way of more root able area, I would even go so far as to smear a lil clonex on the stem that's getting buried, but I'm OCD.

This is the reason that I do not like bagseed. First of all, you really have no idea of 1/2 of the genetics--the pollen could have come from anywhere. Second if it is a bag of something that should be sensi, then it is probably the result of the plant selfing or growing both male and female parts. The problem with this is that plants that arde pollinated are usually not as potent and can yield up to about 75% less than a plant that is not seeded. This is a defect on the gentic level and so the seeds produced are apt to carry this same undesirable trait. If you buy known quality genetics, you are probably going to find others who have grown the same strain. You are going to know the growing traits of the plant, the growing habits, the length of flowering, the nutrient needs, etc, etc. You won't end up with a lanky willowy sativa that needs 9' of headroom and takes 16 weeks to flower. You can choose a plant with characteristics that fit your needs. Do you want an up energetic strain, something in between or something to couch-lock you? Do you need pain relief? What kind of taste and odor do you like? You can probably find it. Limited amount of headroom? There is a strain for you! There are thousands and thousands of different strains with all sorts of growing habits and tastes and smells. It is almost like picking out a fine wine now.

It is absolutely heartbreaking to get 3-1/2 months into a grow and have the plant hermy. There is little you can do without sacrificing yield if a plant grows too tall while in flower or simply outgrows your space. To me, considering that this is a 4 month process and you need hundreds of dollars to set up a proper grow and that seeds are relatively inexpensive and that it takes so much care,energy and love to bring a plant to harvest, spending $50 or 60 on quality genetics just seems to make good sense to me.

The hemp goddess is exactly right i do cfl grows for veg and hps for flower now i flowered eith my 125 watt cfl and my 300 equivalent supplimented with 4 42 watts.for a total of almost an ounce dried. I do the girls right youll have enougj meds till next harvest. And i wouldnt have gotten a quarter of that if i didnt listen to my girl goddess

Latest posts

Back