Are my plants doing okay? Pics included

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SunnyCity123

Reaction score
Included is some pics opf my plants at week 5 Please help me kfingure out what the spotfs are o the leaves and whether, if anyone sees any traits if they are male or female. Also, are they soon ready to switch to a 12/12 cycle?

Thanks!

yep.jpg

tres.jpg

dos.jpg

we need more info. lights, watering cycle, nutes used, etc, etc, etc...

How much do you water it? You won't be able to see any signs of sex until you start the 12/12 cycle.

I only veg. for two weeks then they go strait to the flower room! U wont be able to see if they r male/ female till like the 2nd week of flower. Let them babys dry out for a few days they look drownded, these plants dont need a lota water. I had a guy show me this trick, Water ur plants really good and then leave them for a couple days till u see the leaves start to droop. say that takes 2-3 days u start watering in them intervals(every 2-3 days)! but other wise them babies are looking pretty good, keep up the good work, and remeber patience is key!

Give us a discription of ur room!!!

StinkBud said:
Drown them then starve them? Sounds like alot of stress to put your plants through. Don't know if I'd willingly do that to my girls.

It should not drown them if adequate drainage holes are given.

Ok, i think i tried this out on all my plants so far and if u have a good strain and ur takin care of them they souldn't stress to much and 3 days was just an example read a little before talkin sh!t ok guys! this is my way, never failed never got a hermie! so say what u will but i'm sure everyone here does something to stress the plants a little. Look at them out side they can sometimes not get water for 4-5 days and still be fine. Infact this really good grower taught me this from the overgrow.com website that was closed down!

Sorry for every one else but that pisses me off sometimes!

boaboi86 said:
Ok, i think i tried this out on all my plants so far and if u have a good strain and ur takin care of them they souldn't stress to much and 3 days was just an example read a little before talkin sh!t ok guys! this is my way, never failed never got a hermie! so say what u will but i'm sure everyone here does something to stress the plants a little. Look at them out side they can sometimes not get water for 4-5 days and still be fine. Infact this really good grower taught me this from the overgrow.com website that was closed down!

Ur rite man... hermies are overrated... have u looked at the couple plants I stressed out almost to death then put them back into hydro? I looked today... everyone is female... can't go wrong w/ clones.
As long as you don't let your plant dry out to nothing it is okay... I like to see them droop a lil bit b4 watering again... always better to underwater then overwater.

Thank u kade! If u guys thought i ment to let them like compleatly dry out ur crazy, I just let my leaves look kinda sad like they r tellin me to feed them this makes them a little stronger i think.

StinkBud said:
You need to relax. If you don't like other people's opinions don't post in a public forum.

potheads telling potheads to relax.lol.if he is growing his own, he is trying to relax:p

From the plants appearance, looks like a "textbook" example of over watering to me
I'm looking at the pot size in comparison to plant size. Even with excessive drainage, I don't believe those plants would "need" watering more than twice per week. MJ doesn't like wet feet constantly.
"THE" most common mistake by inexperienced growers is "over watering".
Water ur plants really good and then leave them for a couple days till u see the leaves start to droop.
...this is an excellent method of determining "How often" to water/feed. IMHO...letting them dry out enough to start "showing" that they are indeed, needing a drink, is no more stressfull than constantly "wet" medium. And is definately less likely to develop pests that thrive in too moist of conditions..

Hick said:
From the plants appearance, looks like a "textbook" example of over watering to me
I'm looking at the pot size in comparison to plant size. Even with excessive drainage, I don't believe those plants would "need" watering more than twice per week. MJ doesn't like wet feet constantly.
"THE" most common mistake by inexperienced growers is "over watering".
...this is an excellent method of determining "How often" to water/feed. IMHO...letting them dry out enough to start "showing" that they are indeed, needing a drink, is no more stressfull than constantly "wet" medium. And is definately less likely to develop pests that thrive in too moist of conditions..

Thanks hick, aND SORRY EVERYONE ELSE for getting upset. I dont take very good to people talking sh!t when i know this works, Im just tryin to help the guy! Even hick said water only like 2 times a week(every 2-3 days) If ur using a good soil most of the water sould drain, but the soil sould hold a lot to feed them for the 2-3 days.
But what happened to the poster of this thread, I havent seen him post in the past like 6 posts?

How do you tell when a plant is over-watered/under-watered?

Lights are (4) four foot fluro grow lights plus one 2 foot grow fluro. I guess I've been a little paranoid about watering and doing it too much. I will resort to watering it as hick has recommended. I thank you all! BTW: What about those spots on the leaves...also I have it planted in MG, maybe because I recently transplanted them with new soil (hence fresh ferts in soil) I may have burned them a bit? Also, a general question, when on average (at what height and girth do you usually switch to 12/12? Once again thanks

Latest posts

Back