Are my plants sagging? I cant tell

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

omnigr33n

I'm a damn monkey.
Reaction score
Are my plants sagging? Please take a look. I really cant tell. Im such a noob~

tmpphpP8ftQG.jpg

tmpphprDhf7R.jpg

tmpphpwbkZLd.jpg

Look a little droopy. Not bad at all though.
Do you have drainage holes in the bottom of your pots?
What is your watering Schedule?
Do you know your Grow Room Temp and Relative Humidity?

Sorry for answering a ? with a ?. But it will help us out.

Well I use the finger test two inches in too see if the soil is dry or moist. I have like 6 drainage holes. I think I might have to make more. The more drainage the better Im sure. I usually water every 4-5 days. As the plants get older should I water every 3-4 days? I have to invest in a temperature but Im pretty sure its like between 78-85 degrees at canopy. Im not sure about humidity though. Im going to have to go get a thermometer.

I didnt realize MG soil had nutes in it already. Kinda yellowed some of my leaves because I added nutes on top of it. Im defintely going to have to get fox farm for my clones if I get a mother plant.

If your using the finger test. Then you should be fine. I notice I have to water more often as the plant gets bigger. I really like to check from the bottom of the pot. but thats just me. If its getting dry I water.

Yea Mutt, they were defintely saggin this morning. I have to water them more often. Ill probably have to water them every 3-4 days now. I water them until I get a good run-off at the base. Is this the right way? How do you go about watering your plants in soil if you have them?

I water till a little run-off occurs. Sounds like you might be getting rootbound. Rootbound requires more frequent waterings, saggy, and slowed growth are the symptoms.

Rootbound? Does that mean they are completely settling in now? What should I do then? transplant them to bigger pots?

oh ok, I see what root bound means. So Im guessing I should now buy bigger pots lol. OR can I just leav them in the same ones? Will this be detrimental to the overall health of the plant?

Rootbound will limit the size the plant can get. Also more frequent waterings. I know when mine get bound bad, I have to water everyday. I would start checking the dryness of the soil from the bottom.

I think you're absolutely right. So if I wanted to induce flowering like right now then would the root-boundedness (is that even a word lol) affect the bud development?? You think I should transplant them before I start to flower?

HGB is the master of Rootbound. He can grow a plant to harvest in a 2" pot. He's got a picture floatin around here somewhere. ;)
but to maximize the plant. I would transplant now before flower. Then give it about 5 days then switch to flower.

im no soil grower, but your plants will definatley need alot more water as they get bigger. I found that when my plants were in early veg i would have to top up the res every 3- 4 days, but when they were mid flower, they would **** up my entire 32 ltr res every week!!

StOnEd-On-NL said:
s u c k is a bad word?....odd
V-bulletin has an auto-filter. Has some "weird" concepts on whats vulgar and whats not.

Right now I have just 4 lil clones started in my new aero setup... they are only an inch comin outta the 4" rockwool and they use up 2 liters a day... (1/2 gal for u us ppl)

omniconsum3r: I would deffinatly invest in a thermometer where you could check the humidity also. I know usually, when my plants sag its from heat stress

Latest posts

Back