• If you cannot log in please check out this thread After Upgrade Notes. or use the Contact Us at the bottom right corner of the main forum page.
Advertise On Marijuana Passion

Are regular seeds better than feminized?

Rosebud

Organic dirt farmer
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
I am wondering if there are degrees of hermi'ng. Sometimes i will find one or two seeds in a huge outdoor plant and nothing else is pollinated so i figure it selfed. I have never had a full blown hermi ruin a crop.
zem. you know how I like sativa...well this one is a nice nice one. I really like it, so we will see. I don't mind giving up the female for seeds.
So nice to see you again. How are things in your part of the world? Are you having peace, I hope? I don't think we are. Do you have covid 19 "over there"?

orangesunshine

Drama Free
Reaction score
daxtell post "I have been saving some seed from a hermed plant that pollenated itself. I had numerous issues with that first grow. I figured the stresses hermed it. I'm curious about what happens with females that pollenate themselves. What will the offspring be? Herm prone? Probably. Female because of chromosomes? Sterile?"

your guess of the offspring is as good as any---imo even a geneticist would be guessing---if it were my predicament---i would stick to stable genetics

zem

Reaction score
I am wondering if there are degrees of hermi'ng. Sometimes i will find one or two seeds in a huge outdoor plant and nothing else is pollinated so i figure it selfed. I have never had a full blown hermi ruin a crop.
zem. you know how I like sativa...well this one is a nice nice one. I really like it, so we will see. I don't mind giving up the female for seeds.
So nice to see you again. How are things in your part of the world? Are you having peace, I hope? I don't think we are. Do you have covid 19 "over there"?
You know i'm always around. Yes we have covid 19 the kids have been home since months and the pools are set to open tomorrow gyms and other activities remain closed, it is insane but i am a survivalist. Thanks for asking I hope you have peace soon.

stinkyattic

her dankness
Reaction score
I have been saving some seed from a hermed plant that pollenated itself. I had numerous issues with that first grow. I figured the stresses hermed it. I'm curious about what happens with females that pollenate themselves. What will the offspring be? Herm prone? Probably. Female because of chromosomes? Sterile?

I've been busy with computer issues. I better do some research before I mess my computers up again.
Herm prone under the same conditions that the mother termed under
100% female (no y chromosome)
Viable