Are regular seeds better than feminized?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am wondering if there are degrees of hermi'ng. Sometimes i will find one or two seeds in a huge outdoor plant and nothing else is pollinated so i figure it selfed. I have never had a full blown hermi ruin a crop.
zem. you know how I like sativa...well this one is a nice nice one. I really like it, so we will see. I don't mind giving up the female for seeds.
So nice to see you again. How are things in your part of the world? Are you having peace, I hope? I don't think we are. Do you have covid 19 "over there"?

daxtell post "I have been saving some seed from a hermed plant that pollenated itself. I had numerous issues with that first grow. I figured the stresses hermed it. I'm curious about what happens with females that pollenate themselves. What will the offspring be? Herm prone? Probably. Female because of chromosomes? Sterile?"

your guess of the offspring is as good as any---imo even a geneticist would be guessing---if it were my predicament---i would stick to stable genetics

I am wondering if there are degrees of hermi'ng. Sometimes i will find one or two seeds in a huge outdoor plant and nothing else is pollinated so i figure it selfed. I have never had a full blown hermi ruin a crop.
zem. you know how I like sativa...well this one is a nice nice one. I really like it, so we will see. I don't mind giving up the female for seeds.
So nice to see you again. How are things in your part of the world? Are you having peace, I hope? I don't think we are. Do you have covid 19 "over there"?
You know i'm always around. Yes we have covid 19 the kids have been home since months and the pools are set to open tomorrow gyms and other activities remain closed, it is insane but i am a survivalist. Thanks for asking I hope you have peace soon.

I have been saving some seed from a hermed plant that pollenated itself. I had numerous issues with that first grow. I figured the stresses hermed it. I'm curious about what happens with females that pollenate themselves. What will the offspring be? Herm prone? Probably. Female because of chromosomes? Sterile?

I've been busy with computer issues. I better do some research before I mess my computers up again.

Herm prone under the same conditions that the mother termed under
100% female (no y chromosome)
Viable

Good question. I have grown both and my unscientific answer is that I can not tell the difference. Have grown very potent buds from both. A favorite land race sativa that I have grown several times 4 or 5 years ago is only available as feminized beans. Have some in the mail now. Thru the years every time I checked on them, they were sold out. I tend to favor regular seeds as I enjoy a little "pollen chucking" some times.
How are you doing A.S.? I would like to know more about that favorite landrace that you mentioned. Name, breeder, specs and why is it special to you? In fact I just noticed that my favorite tasting and favorite high is still with two fem strains but I think that the potency that I achieved with regulars just seemed to be more. I have a strain that is called Ripper Haze that is my favorite, its taste and its high are just outstanding but I never seem to get the weed that gets you ripped with a couple of puffs with feminized while i grew many more fem than regulars, with the fewer times i tried regulars, i achieved that potency several times.

Herbies is NOT a reliable store. Herbies will take your money, not send anything, and guve you the runaround lies about refunds. Save yourself Money and Trouble!

How are you doing A.S.? I would like to know more about that favorite landrace that you mentioned. Name, breeder, specs and why is it special to you? In fact I just noticed that my favorite tasting and favorite high is still with two fem strains but I think that the potency that I achieved with regulars just seemed to be more. I have a strain that is called Ripper Haze that is my favorite, its taste and its high are just outstanding but I never seem to get the weed that gets you ripped with a couple of puffs with feminized while i grew many more fem than regulars, with the fewer times i tried regulars, i achieved that potency several times.

I am doing fine, sir. I was talking about Dr. Grinspoon, a landrace Sativa, only available feminized, from Barneys Farm, at 26% thc. My all time favorite is Apollo 13, do not know the % of thc, only that it kicks behind. Did just get some Bruce Banner seeds that are 28%thc.

Reactions: zem
Herbies is NOT a reliable store. Herbies will take your money, not send anything, and guve you the runaround lies about refunds. Save yourself Money and Trouble!

You have 4 posts and all are slamming Herbies Seeds (Herbies Head Shop). Do you have any thing else to say ? Herbies has several positive posts from other members.

We’re sorry to hear that you consider us not a reliable store.

Could you please tell us why? Did you have some bad experience at our shop? If so, would you be so kind to share its details? You may also contact us through Personal Messages to discuss it further.

Please let us know your opinion to help us become better and improve our work.

My present seed order is from Herbies Seeds (Herbies Head Shop). After the tracking number stopped working, I contacted customer service, they checked and said they're lost and issued me a reorder, which is in the mail. Good customer service, I will order from Herbies again.
Thank you for your feedback!

This is an old thread my friend and i haven't seen those members in a while. Glad to see you care though.
Send me some beans and ill make sure they get them. 😁

Feminized and autoflowers are both unstable genetics compared to regs. Plus you have to worry about getting males. HOw ever I think your more purist growers would rather avoid mustations. I pulled a herm from my garden today, thank GOd I caught

Latest posts

Back