are there ways of decreasing smell?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beginning grower

Reaction score
i am growing inside my room in a sealed cabinet. i purchased a air purifier and a ill have two scented nightlights in my room. there are people that go into my room that i dont want knowing that im growing pot. if there are any other ways or methods of cutting down smell i would greatly appreciate a response. thank you.

beginning grower said:
i am growing inside my room in a sealed cabinet. i purchased a air purifier and a ill have two scented nightlights in my room. there are people that go into my room that i don't want knowing that I'm growing pot. if there are any other ways or methods of cutting down smell i would greatly appreciate a response. thank you.
When MJ is in the vegetative state, depending on the strain of MJ, it has a "fresh green" plant smell. If you were to distract the observer instead of trying to defeat the obvious, you could put a couple of dozen house plants in your room that also have smells and it would account for all of the "fresh" smell.

However, during flowering, MJ has a very loud, very distinctive odor. I would suggest buying an "over-kill" air cleaner. If "fooling" someone is the point, then I would also stick to a commercial brand air cleaner and not an industrial type. Buy the biggest, baddest air cleaner you can find that is rated at replacing the air in something at least 4 times the size of your room. Run it 24/7 and don't bother with the houseplants.

If you live in a high risk situation, I would advise NOT to grow MJ. It's a felony in a lot of states in the USA and worth equal penalty in many other countries. If you're growing in someone else's house, like your parents, then they could also get into a great deal of trouble if YOU are busted. If the law can make it look like someone else in the same residence had knowledge of the grow, they get busted as well and could be in the same cell block as you.

Be smart. Don't grow unless it's your house and accept the probable penalty if you get caught. Jail.

Good luck to you and let us know how it goes.

Stoney is right. You want to know what happens in a cultivation bust?

1. they go in freeze all accounts of parties involved. They start auditing to see if profits were being made without taxes. It is hard for an honest person to validate all purchases and income during an audit. Most people have nervous breakdowns during one.

2. They seize all assets that may be linked to a grow. (this you have to prove and its difficult). TV's, Computer's, etc.

3. They put minors in "protective custody" until an arraignment.

4. Each state considers one living pot plant differently. whether by the amount speculated it can produce, or the actually wieght of the plant (including soil).

5. Your parents will have thousands of dollars worth of attorney fees and court costs.

6. One if not both of your parents will end up with probation or going to jail.
Depending how good the attorney they can afford. Just like anything you get what you pay for and good attorney's aren't cheap.

I know at a young age, you parents don't seem to cool. but if they have rules about pot and pot cultiviation, it is because they love you and don't want you screwing the rest of your life up. You could lose your chances to govt. grants, loans, jobs, all sorts of stuff. Plus the trust of your parents for many, many, many years to come. It would negatively alter the relationship for the rest of your life. That is a ton of guilt to carry with you.

If you have to grow. Outdoor grow in the woods. Then it just your ass. Sorry dude, but I am a parent. I wouldn't appreciate my kid growing behind my back and putting me in such a fucked up position. Actually I don't care how old they are. Even 25 yrs. old. I would tan their ass for betraying my trust like that. Wait until you have your own place and your own ass is on the line. Besides it took me until I was older to truley respect the risks of pot cultivation. I am a paranoid old fucker now. I don't let anyone in on my grow.

If you want to get Air Fresheners..get some that smell like Pine or Green Grass...If its a can leave it open and viewable so everyone will think thats it...

Get your own place.. "RESPECT" those that have provided the very life and opputunities afforded you.
If you're 18, and now wish to live by your "own" rules, get your butt out of your parents house.

Latest posts

Back