Are these about finished?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have you checked the trichs with a scope? That is really the only way that you can determine if a plant is ready.

How long has it been in flower? Not sure if it looks like a one ounce plant. The buds are still rather smallish and do have a lot of leaf material. However, quantity is not nearly as important as quality and it looks like it is getting wonderfully frosty. I think you may have a bit of time left in which it should bulk up. However, you need a scope that is at least 30x to examine the trichs.

yeah checking the trichs but it also generally looks as tho it hasn't produced it's final bulk yet.

Just my observation.

i will check them with a magnifying glass this weekend. they just don't seem that fat to me but now that i think of it i think they have been in there about 8 weeks. I'm gonna try new methods to get more yield like i done with this plant. i really want to nab up to a dry ounce per plant with my next grow.

What sort of bloom light are you using? hps/mh? what wattage? Not all strains are 8 weeker's. I grow nothing but 10 weekers so you never know, w/o checking trich ripeness.

What kind of "new methods" are you going to try to increase yield? A lot of these things do not work and do not actually produce more bud. Having adequate light and ventilation and the correct strain will probably do more than anything. So tell us about your lighting and ventilation.

7 is correct. Without at least a 30x scope, it is impossible to tell if the trichs are ready. Most strains take longer than 8 weeks to flower. And if your room conditions are less than ideal, it usually takes longer.

i have a 4 bulb t5 with bloom lights and a fan right now.i upgraded from cfl's. new methods were toppings and fimming to produce more colas. my last plant had one large one this one has multiple

LOL--topping and fimming. I thought you might be talking about some weird new idea that someone came up. I can see that it looks as if you topped twice.

The T5s are a step up from the CFLs and many people grow good bud with fluoros. However, your buds will probably take a bit longer and not bulk up as much as if they were under a HPS. The big problem with the fluoros is that they just do not penetrate as far as the HIDs--i.e. the lower part of the plant is receiving very little light.

If you want to continue using the T5s, you might do better with scrogging or lst-ing as this keep the plants shorter and makes better use of your available light.

Latest posts

Back