Are these good fans?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't have one, but I've seen fans like this in other people's grow spaces.

for a cheap fan go to walmart and look at oc cool fans. they move the air pretty good and will last for a couple grows. my 13.00 lasted 4 grows but now needs to be replaced.

I have like ... 9 of these LOL. Not this brand, this (pictured) is a better one than the ones I have but same size.

I do 2 above, and sometimes 1 below.

Yeah I have a few of those myself. Mine don't oscillate but they are good to keep the air moving in smaller grow spaces. I would definitely have one fan below the canopy to move air around there as well. I actually have 2 of those under my canopy and one above because my space is L shaped.

So it sounds like 3 is a good plan then. �� Thanks for input. Cant wait for tent to be done. Ducting some more airpots/ or smartpots, ppm meter, fans and a drip tray of some sort. Getting closer. And a heavy duty 30' extension cord. �� Only carrying 600w. What size should it be to be safe?

Finally settled on 2 300w LEP's and a Gavita 600 (e) Pro W/EL2 Controller in the 5x5 tent. Looks like strain going in is either the blueberry headbands, Kens GDP, Allen Wrench, Boss OG or GG#4. Using passive intakes. Have a 900+ cfm Phresh Filter with an 8" Hyperfan. Good thing it has its own speed controller.

Another Question- How should my exhaust fan be used? Should it be on a thermometer and turn on and off, or should it be always on? I'm under impression you just set speed and let her stay on. Should exhaust be always on when lights are of as well?

I don't think that 3 wsill be enough for a 5 x 5 tent. You would probably want 4--one at each corner. They really do not push much air. I only use them in my small tent. I personally like tower fans. They only take up a small amount of floor space and provides air movement from near the floor to the canopy.

I run my exhaust fan 24/7.

Running extension cords can be dangerous. Is it possible to get a dedicated circuit run? IMO, this should be part of setting up a grow space. Whether you think this or not, 600w is a lot to run through an extension cord. As you are running 1200W along with fans, where are going to plug in?

That gravita runs so hot, I would leave it on all the time. You are going to have bleaching problems without more head space for that gravita.

a friend of mine is running the 1000w de, at 4 ft above the plants and the plants show signs of bleaching. His head room is 18ft. He's not having heat issues, he uses a 5 ton a/c, but the light is so bright the tops of the plants are turning white

Jesus. Well my lights can dim to whatever percentage I want to set them. 78% 97% 30% not most ideal but I'm sure we can get it to work.

Latest posts

Back