Are these ladies worth the wait?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GreenSun1

Reaction score
Hello to all!

Advice needed for new grower.

I am continuing a grow another person started.

The time has come to flower and I must ask you more experienced growers if this particular situation is worth the time, in regards to cost and yield.

ESPECIALLY CONSIDERING there is a somewhat of a deadline. The lease ends in one month, while I need at least two to flower, and while we may stay over month-to-month, I’m not sure if it would be worth the extra rent and utilities.

For reasons I won’t go into, these plants have been kept in veg for too long. They had mites pretty bad for an extended time, but are now bug free. They were crowded together (and still are) into a tiny space, which has kept them tiny, but too tall.

Here are my vital statistics:

HOW MANY: About 90 plants.

SPECIES: Mix of Indica and Sativa. Without counting every plant (right now), I’d say mostly sativa.

Physical Description. Between 19” and 31” tall, no more than 7” across. Little straight sticks of plants, were not pruned, pinched, staked, or bent.

SPACE: Have been in a tiny 4’x6’ space, under a single 100 watt MH, will be moving into a 13’ x 23’ (About 300 square feet), with

Lights: 4* 1000 Watt Metal Halides
3* 900 Watt LED full spectrums (placed lower and against one wall)

CONTAINERS: Have been in clear plastic 16oz Dixie cups, hole poked in bottom. Root bound.

SOIL: Organic 707 mix.

FERTILIZER AND ADDITIONS: Humboldt County Deep Fusion Grow, Magnum, and Killer Tea. About to use Deep Fusion Bloom

Plant Solubles brand mycorrhyzae, beneficial fungus and bacteria.

PEST CONTROL USED: Azamax (neem) Nuke Em (citric Acid) Mighty Wash(?)

They seem in good health despite the stunting and bug battle, with good tight formations. The big question is,

1.With the size (and shape) they are in can I expect a worthwhile return on them?

Additional questions:

2. If I am forced to move locales in two months, what are your thoughts on transporting them?

3. Any tricks for reducing the time needed to flower?

4. Any suggestions for maximizing yield of these bamboo stick shaped plants? All I can think to do is tie the whole plant down as horizontal as I can and immediately switch to bloom lights.

Repot them, give them new soil and top them and see what happens. Is this bag seed?

There is no way to reduce the time needed to flower.

First of all, are these plants from seed or are they clones? If they are from seed, are they showing preflowers so they can be sexed? Trying to figure out how many plants you will end up with. Do you have the means to repot all of these plants into suitable sized containers? They are absolutely going to have to be put into something larger than 16 oz cups. You will need at least a gall on container, but 3 gal would be a lot better.

You are looking at several problems if you do decide to go ahead. First of all is light--you are going to have to make your flowering space a whole lot smaller than 300 sq ft as you simply do not have enough light to adequately light that much space. A 1000W MH is only good for about 20 sq ft., so 4 1000W lights are only good for about 80 sq ft. You would probably be better off not using the LEDs on the walls, but use them overhead for a portion of the plants, so figuring 20 sq ft apiece for the LEDs (though I have no idea what they will adequately cover), that give you a total of 110 sq ft. Another problem is your flowering time. Your indicas should be okay, but many sativas will take longer than 2 months to flower.

In answer to your questions: I wouldn't recommend trying to transport that many plants late in flowering--it is just too risky.

Like Rosebud mentioned, there is no way to hasten flowering time. They will take what they take.

To maximize yield, you are going to want to make sure they are not overcrowded, that they have adequate light (a minimum of 5000 lumens per sq ft), that you have a good ventilation set up where you are exchanging the air in your space every couple of minutes. You are going to need to transplant them into larger containers with good soil. a good rule of thumb is a gal of medium for every foot of plant height. I don't think that you are going to have enough room to tie the plants down horizontally with only 110 sq ft of flowering space. With what you have described, I think that you will want to handle like a SOG grow.

Any chance we can get a picture or two of what you have going (a picture's worth a thousand words).

Wow..90 plants? Past mite damage? Time constraints?
Sounds like too much trouble for me, but I don't know your specific situation. Like it has already been said, there is no way to speed up flowering. Heavy mite damage and over vegging doesn't sound like a killer combo for a good yield of any real quality bud. I would cut my loses and make the move, get the equipment you need to do it right and get a fresh start. Whatever you decide good luck. I hate mites. Talk about frustrating.

jmo

I agree with Multi on this one. I would say get them healthy enough and/or take cuttings of the best ones and speed up the move as moving cuttings would be far easier. That will also give you time to sex them if they aren't sexed already. It will also give you the opportunity to set up a proper grow space. You will find that fewer, properly grown plants that are allowed to get bigger and fuller will produce more, better bud than many smaller, less healthy plants can yield. Many people struggle with trying to keep every plant alive to yield rather than culling the weakest to get the best producers. Once they are able to let go of those weaker plants, they find bigger, better yields. :)

Pmsl 90 plants you are a little ahead of yourself Greensun1 if you are inexperienced with that many plants and mites, Oh you got the mites sorted but jesus how on earth did you get to this stage before you realised you were in a dilemma.
Planning is the future i tell thee.
On a brighter note i would cram them all in a sea of green x 22 per 1k lamp then trim all lower crap once budsites have started to show and have some sort of hydro system on the go.
Mutley

Latest posts

Back