are these the correct bulbs for propagation(think cfl's)??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jaz1873

Reaction score
more questions for ya :) ..bought some bulbs i think they are cfl's..there for my propagation tank..i currently have a 400HPS on them just now but kade said it would take longer to root with them..i think he may be right because its a week past saturday i put them in small cubes and they still havent rooted :(

I was going to wire 2 of them together for my clones :)
is this enough light giving of these bulbs..its says there are "soft mood" on the box..are the right ones for a start:confused:

grow journal http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7554

DSCF0969.JPG

DSCF0974.JPG

That is one type of cfl... HID lighting is just too hot/bright right away... a couple of those bulbs you have should be great!

KADE said:
That is one type of cfl... HID lighting is just too hot/bright right away... a couple of those bulbs you have should be great!

nice one kade :) how high above the propagator lid will i keep my new lights??do i have to move it as the clones get bigger??

they should be up above it a bit for the first couple days... then once they get rooted a lil, move em nice n close w/o burning

KADE said:
they should be up above it a bit for the first couple days... then once they get rooted a lil, move em nice n close w/o burning

what about 1 foot above to start with (mind i will have to 20watts)..once they rooted and ready for big cubes say about 4" until they get rooted then its in my nft hydro system..

im useing the same bulb and my plants love it

i dont think their the exact same ones,but they sure look the same..with mine i can get them to about an inch to 2 inchs above the plants

turfsire said:
i dont think their the exact same ones,but they sure look the same..with mine i can get them to about an inch to 2 inchs above the plants

my clones are 2 weeks old on saturday...will i keep the bulbs 4/5 inches above them to be sure??

Not to talk sh!t but if u have the money buy a hps it works so much better hhere are two examples! On is under a 210 cfl light system and the other is under the hps! I did an experiment, I took 16 clones rooted for 6 days under the 210 cfl. After the 6th day i put 8 clones under my 400w hps and left eight under the cfl! both in same size container same nutes same light cycle. Theres a big differance The one under the hps hase 17 nodes, hte ones under the cfl have 7! u decide but hps is deff. worth the money and the amount of bud ull get at harvest

DSC01107.JPG

DSC01113.JPG

sorry didnt see that u had a 400w hps!! i feel stupid but hope u like my grow!

Latest posts

Back