Are they ready for harvest

Discussion in 'Beginners Growing Forum' started by Taktookato, Oct 26, 2019.

1. Oct 26, 2019 #1

Taktookato

Taktookato

Taktookato

plants haven’t been growing lately nor the buds. It’s been 7 weeks plus into bloom.
    Are they ready for harvest
    First time grow

Attached Files:

2. Oct 26, 2019 #2

oldfogey8

oldfogey8

oldfogey8

Look at the trichomes (they are what makes the buds look frosty) with an eye loupe or handheld microscope. If you have mostly cloudy and some amber, you are probably close or close enough, depending on the effect you like. Too many clear trichomes make the effect really jittery. Too many amber makes for a more couch-lock effect.

Rosebud and 2RedEyes like this.
  3. Nov 10, 2019 at 5:40 PM #3

DaddiiDiiDii

DaddiiDiiDii

DaddiiDiiDii

Foe a first time you should be well happy mate. I'll be happy if mine turn out like yours.

stinkyattic and Rosebud like this.
  4. Nov 10, 2019 at 6:23 PM #4

Rosebud

Rosebud

Rosebud

Organic dirt farmer Staff Member Admin Moderator

It is sooo tempting to take your plants early. I have done that and regretted it. Let them finish. Like OF, said, get a loupe. Most folks wait to have one amber trichome before they harvest. If you are going for real stony bud, better wait.

stinkyattic likes this.
  5. Nov 10, 2019 at 7:06 PM #5

stinkyattic

stinkyattic

stinkyattic

her dankness

Lab rat
    Dont be afraid to give them the time they need to go cloudy. Even if the plants themselves start to look scruffy, it's fine. You are in a good place where the plants are showing severe nitrogen deficiency, which will make for a much smoother finished product.
    Congratulations on a successful grow, those love nuggets look tasty and plump!

Rosebud likes this.
  6. Nov 10, 2019 at 9:08 PM #6

DaddiiDiiDii

DaddiiDiiDii

DaddiiDiiDii

Not wanting to hijack here but there's no need for me to make another thread. I'm currently in the same boat as the OP here and have my very first plant coming up to harvest. Getting yellowing and dying leaves and there has been a few but only a handful of amber trichs for a good few days so I'm all itchy fingered about starting the flush process etc or just wait. It's a blue cheese sleepy bud I'm going for so I do want to leave it as long as I can before it degrades too much. To flush or not to flush that is the question.

I am interested in knowing the OPs setup as they really do look like some great buds.

Rosebud likes this.
  7. Nov 10, 2019 at 10:10 PM #7

stinkyattic

stinkyattic

stinkyattic

her dankness

Lab rat
    If you already have some amber and haven't started flushing, you may commence... yesterday ; )
    The higher percent amber, the more your tush will Velcro permanently to the nearest comfy chair. Not a bad thing, if that's what you want...

Rosebud likes this.
  8. Nov 11, 2019 at 5:02 PM #8

DaddiiDiiDii

DaddiiDiiDii

DaddiiDiiDii

Thing is it is very difficult to see under the purple lights but it looks to me that there has just been a handful of amber for over a week and the buds really seem to need more mass to them. I don't even have a decent camera to try get any pics. It's a blue cheese so will be used for my bedtime bud so more amber the better.