Are you a productive Pothead or a couch potato?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

llamaman

Reaction score
I just read an article in TIME magazine that basically called all of us unproductive, unhealthy doppers. Expected actually for a mainstream american publication.

My question is... Are you a productive pothead or does couch lock set in and that's it? I'd be interested in hearing what actual jobs all of us have out there in the world, besides growers of course.

I'll start- I work at several jobs, I run a ranch, guide adventure hiking trips, sell real estate, and the best, I'm the postmaster in my town.

Best wishes to all
the Llama

Good question. I can be either. I prefer it when I clean while high, but getting the motivation to do so can sometimes be a little difficult. ;)

I cant really get stoned at work, mainly because im always in other peoples houses. Im a computer technician. But when i do smoke im usually with freinds, so we are either out, or in my summer house playing 360, and eating **** loads of foooood.

Yep. TIME magazine was right on the money with that assessment in regards to the Rev. At 55, my most productive days are behind me... except for growing weed. I work 2 (part-time) jobs... one with a program tutoring kids and the other is just a retail gig that helps pay the bills. I'm a single guy (oft-divorced) so I have only myself to answer to/for.
Yep, cast my ballot as a no-count, low-down, conniving rascal who stays stoned much of the time on some very good marijuana. With these qualifications, I could be a politician.
Vote for the Rev

I second the motion Rev!

I can get things done while high since everything new I experience seems like an exciting epic quest. haha And I remain that way unless music is added into the equation. When I hear music i tend to get blinders and really tune in (pardon the pun).

Im a student but I still keep up with my work.I tell myself I can't smoke until im done with my work.

I CAN be productive, but when I run out of things to do I'll just goof around on the 'net :)

Well... depending on situations in my case. once I read a half of thick endocrinology book for a day with pots. after smoking, everything was fun in the book so got a good grade on the test! am I kind of productive pothead? :)

no count couch potato here, and a server...i do not do it on the job, the day goes by slowly as it is!

Im a cop and I do a little consulting for the FBI. LoL, yea right..Im a banker. Im on an extended break from marijuana but I grow for the fun of it~

Pretty much a couch patato. I do it when I want to relax anyways.

What do you consider productive. Im a full time welder at a fab shop. I work part time welding for my self( at no time do I smoke on the Jobs ). I'm raising 3 kid's, 4 pigs, 30 chichens, 4 goats, 10 pheaseants, 1 yellow lab. We like to go hiking, fishing, and huntting. But then sometimes I like to burn some blueberry and veg on the couch.:ccc:

I refuse to do it while at work anymore. Not once, not even a hit. I am a mechanic by trade. But when I am at home working on my stuff. Oh yeah, pipe in one hand, beer in the other. The only hard thing is lighting the bowl while that beer is in my hand. But, I really don't do anything around the house unless I have a toke. Mowing the lawn, trimming the bush(both), taking out the garbage(if I remember), and just doing projects. Like buiding a grow room. Me and my dad get together all the time and do ****, until we are burnt and done. Then it's time go get out the PS2 and F it up.

Ever since I started smoking I don't feel like doing anything UNLESS I'm high.

I went out in the woods behind my house every day for like 10 days this past summer and blazed all day. I ended up building a HUGE shelter (like 150+ square ft) out of sticks, string and tarp. It had a square foyer and then an archway (also made by hand) leading into a large circular room which was the bulk of it. It was like 8 ft high too, so there was PLENTY of room.

I also dammed up the stream that flows by and built a flume to power a small electric generator I also built myself.

Not to mention the countless hours I spent exploring the woods, trying to learn how to make stone tools, and just connecting with nature in a way I never have before.

When I smoke at home I build bongs/pipes CONSTANTLY. Sometimes it just a really simple straight pipe, other times it's a 5 chamber ice-cooled monster bong. I usually make a special piece for the holidays (for halloween I usually carve up a pumpkin and make a nice chamber pipe, they work great!)

I work at a cold storage warehouse moving boxes around with a forklift. I don't like to smoke before/while I work because it's such a boring job and it's too cold. I'd rather save my weed for when I can enjoy it.

Overall I'd say a few tokes gets me pretty damn motivated to do just about anything. But 2 or 3 bowls from the bong... GOODNIGHT!

O im bad, i wake up have a cup of coffie and burn one hole joint, then when my sister in law shows up we leave for work on the way we burn another one, once we get to work ang get working for about 30 minuts we burn another, we somok aprox 8 to 9 joints per day. But we turn out some bad *** custom paint jobs. We are total pot heads with no time to get coutchlock

It depends if I am smoking a sativa (which makes me hyper and extremely talkative) or an indica (which usually makes me sit in front of the tube with my refrigerator right beside me)

Smoking Weed allows me to think alot clearer then I normally do..I have made a lot of life changing decisions while baked...(The latest was to start College!! and now i do all my studying stoned)

I'd say I'm mostly a productive pothead, but I can be both. I work as a standardized patient plus two other part-time jobs. I'm also a college student with three kids, two of which still live at home. Pot hasn't stopped me from being good at what I do.

I do like doing the couch potato thing when I have a day off. I like to play first person shooter games with my hubby for hours, mostly Joint Operations or International Conflict while smoking out.

I love to wake and bake. I will do this on any day that I don't have to work as an SP. Right now I'm on the wagon because of an impending drug test. I don't feel like I've been any more productive since I stopped smoking.

(edited: too much personal info)

Wow, that's a crazy assumption, time magazine no caps4u... forget them! I put them in the same category as National Geographic as in they're both a bore. on one hand 2nd rate journalism on the other Third world countries. well cut me and I bleed people.(sweet,sweet, American blood) and responsible adults like myself do not ever mix business with pleasure. I smoke only in my leisure and I like to take a couple of tokes when I exercise, It's my trusty performance enhancer. not bad when gaming either. Might I add Forget Congress too for making it illegal. What's your alcohol good for besides getting high 'cause I know it sure doesn't taste delicious, giving us the freedom to cough up blood, need a new liver, and blow each other's brains out, but make marijuana illegal? Oh let's give the inevitable power and control of the drug to violent and ridiculously over-charging criminals. I'm not including honest dealers mind you. For the most part I love you Congress. but taxing tobacco and it's co-carcinogen alcohol but not marijuana angers me.. sorry for the long post.

Latest posts

Back