As a grower, how is your perception of time?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

getnasty

Reaction score
It would seem to me that the lot of you guys here have become accustomed to being patient, as growing these plants requires a lot of time, effort, and patience. I'm stoned out of my gord tonight, and wondering... how is your perception of time compared to someone who doesn't grow? Does time seem to go by quicker because your goals for harvest are 4-5 months apart? Does it go by slower because of your anticipation? It would seem to me that those who don't participate in hobbies with 4-5 month time periods involved would perceive a 4 month time period as being a lengthy span of time, whereas some of you here might perceive 4-5 months a small amount of time because you are continually focused on your girls when not busy with family or work. So I come here for answers. Prove me wrong or prove me right, I really don't care, I'm just rather curious as to the difference in perception of time for you guys versus someone like myself, who hasn't popped a seed yet.

-nasty

The last month seems to last longer than the other 2-3 for sure.

IMO time sometimes seem to drag by, but when you get right down to it, it flys by. Grownig is kind of a therpy But by god, older you become the faster flys bye.

The last couple weeks of flower really drag by slowly :( but the rest of the grow seems to fly by

Time does seem to go by faster then before I was a growing my own meds, for sure.

As grower that makes me a toker and time is of no consequence, I wake up everyday with a smile on my face and no worries. I have very little short term memory and no use for rigid schedules....does anyone know what day it is? :p I know it's fall is about all and i enjoying my harvest. :icon_smile:

I don't believe that growing or not growing alters my perception of time. What HAS altered my perception of time is getting older. Time just seems to fly by the older you get....I am guessing that you are quite young nasty?

Yes ma'am, I'm in my mid 20s, and time, since graduating high school, has seemed to pick up pace, so your theory of getting older altering your perception of time, most certainly stands. Is there anything that you've picked up in regards to character traits that you've applied to other areas in your life, THG? Such as becoming more patient with things you were previously impatient about, or applying a schedule to your life (i know that one's reaching a little bit... we all pretty have some kind of schedule in our lives :p)?

-nasty

Look at it this way. When you are 5, a year is 20% of your life. When you are 50, a year is 2% of your life--the older you get, the faster the years seem to slip away.

I have been growing for sooooo long (since before you were born nasty) that I do not know if I can say whether growing has altered other ways I live my life. However, one of my bad habits is procrastination (someone gave me a book on how to quit procrastinating, but I put off reading it for so long I lost the book). I have learned that when the plants need something, you need to address it. Putting off anything in your grow when it needs to be done usually results in negative things happening. This however has not rubbed off on the rest of my life--I am still a horrible procrastinator. As I am getting really close to 60, I do not see me changing my ways in this area.

I can say the only time my view of time changed, was when I was setting in the gray bar hotel for growing. Then it passed soooooooooooooooo sloooooooooooooooow.

I watched some scientific special on time and I believe it said something about time actually speeding up as you age.....or at least the perception of time. I think it was that series hosted by Morgan Freeman.
For me it drags on when I grow unless I turn my attention to my other love....making and playing music. I wld go up the walls waiting for harvest day without music as an outlet. Jmo

Since i started this i find i keep hoping time would speed up,

I wish summer would hurry up and end.
i wish it would be nov already.

as i get older i dont want time to speed up, but growing keeps me wishing it would hurry up, its quite a conundrum im in.

OMG!! I literally was thinking about this all fricken week, ok so this is my reasoning tho, I have a friend that I dump off extra bud too well another friend wanted some and I said I was out until feb and how thats not far and she reacts like "DAAAAAMMMNN..." the entire time I'm thinking feb is not that far away, but then again I saved enough bud to last me till jun aaaahahahah

I know one thing -- when I am stoned time goes by faster than when I am not high. It isn't going by any faster now that I am older, but I am acutely aware of its passing because there is so much to look back on, and I see more than I did when I was younger. I wasn't looking back when I was young -- I am now. Growing seems to be helping me in a lot of ways -- I am more tolerant now, I have a lot beter anger management and my patience level has rizen considerably. Sometimes I look up at the clock and its three hours later than I was thinking -- sometimes just the opposite -- We are in a boat on the river of time. Sometimes the river meanders along slowly. Sometimes the river of time narrows and speeds up considerably, but if you have ever been in an accident you know how slowly the last few seconds go by -- It's because just before you hit the tree, and you know you are crashing, your mind is absorbing every nano-second of time -- Time goes slow when I think of the past and fast when I dwell on the future -- I try hard to be here now and just let time pass as it will.... and stay high!

This is a great thread. I find that time flys now that I am a lil bit older but it was exactly the opposite up till the age of about 22. Now that Im older and real life has hit me I am always busy. Between work and my 3 year old and my girlfriend and overtime and family and cats and dogs and friends and finally my grow I am never bored and time seems to fly by. But like mentioned above the last few weeks of flowering always drag by.

I forgot to mention that time seems to slow down when your germing seeds. The last 24 hours have been slow.

Latest posts

Back