Ash color

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hungarian Gypsy

Cosmo Kush is the best!
Reaction score
I heard that you can tell whether you've got good weed or not just by looking at the color of the ash. Anyone else ever heard of that?

PuffinNugs said:
i never heard of that, it all looks the same to me from tobacco, schwag to high grade kush, even hash.
ill know its good on the first hit, before its even ash

I know, I thought it was ** when I heard it too. I need a bong for Christmas. I hope my brother gets me one.

I have heard that. I think the key (at least what I've heard) is the whiter the ash is the fewer the contaminates in the material. I guess you could equate that to better quality in the growing environment, and thus better (cleaner) bud.

Amazing post HP you took the words outta my mouth. Thats the only thing I could think off too

I really do not believe that there is any truth to that at all. There is no reason to believe that lighter ash denotes better bud. Or even that lighter ash means less contaminants. Cigarettes leave very light clean ash and we all know how horrible they are.

PuffinNugs said:
i never heard of that, it all looks the same to me from tobacco, schwag to high grade kush, even hash.
ill know its good on the first hit, before its even ash

Look closer. I don't know if you can judge quality by it but there is definately a difference in ash between tobacco, mj, and hash. . . Not only in color but also texture. Just sayin'.:D

I do agree that you will know the quality long before you see any ash, let alone do a thorough examination of it. . .

Latest posts

Back