At the End (Yumbolt)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ness if you go with any of the HLG lights use
RIU10 discount coupon at checkout..
10% off

Diy is best but like has been told, Mars, spider and hgl are the best prices. There are some really good lights out there but they cost a lot more. You can't go wrong with timber lights, @yooper420 uses them, they used to use bridge lux but now they use Cree and citizen cobs.
timbergrowlights.com

I hate spell correct

Last edited:
morning giggy, Thank you for giving me the information on the light sources. I'll check them out in a little while.😁

There is a lot of good light info, how led lights are measured, results and reviews.

When picking lights, consider the height you will be working with. You want a light that will give 1000-1100 par in the center. Height will adjust this some. Generally the lower, the more intense the center zone is, but corners suffer.

As light is raised, center becomes less intense and corners improve from increased dispersion.

So when lights when at height giving 1000 par in center zone, what are the corners measuring?

How much more height do you have? If your height is unlimited the world is your oyster.
In a tent, you need a usable height range that gives the best par pattern and still leaves enough height to allow your grow.

A light that is 1700 center at 30 inches, but corners are only 300 is not a good tent light, even though it might be great in a big room with plenty of height for a tent, no go. Just too much light requiring too much height for a tent.

Do read the light info on cocoforcannabis. Their reviews show par at different heights and different sized tents. Very through read of measurement concerning light sources.

Bubba

morning Roster, very good information. It's going to take some time to read. Thank you.☺
Good reading here, plus reviews. Pay attention to the discussion in the SP3000 reviews when the double them up in a 4x4 and talk about the benefits of combining lights....this is why many tent growers here use several smaller, but quality lights in combo with great results.

Read gmo's grows back when he begins upgrading lights. It is just as amazing what can be done with (to a point of course) less expensive lighting, and how more expensive lighting may not be the better choice for an indoor tent grow.

Bubba

Good reading here, plus reviews. Pay attention to the discussion in the SP3000 reviews when the double them up in a 4x4 and talk about the benefits of combining lights....this is why many tent growers here use several smaller, but quality lights in combo with great results.

Read gmo's grows back when he begins upgrading lights. It is just as amazing what can be done with (to a point of course) less expensive lighting, and how more expensive lighting may not be the better choice for an indoor tent grow.

Bubba
I saw the same thing two smaller lights can be placed where you need and want them as oppose to the larger which can not be footprint adjusted.

There is a lot of good light info, how led lights are measured, results and reviews.

When picking lights, consider the height you will be working with. You want a light that will give 1000-1100 par in the center. Height will adjust this some. Generally the lower, the more intense the center zone is, but corners suffer.

As light is raised, center becomes less intense and corners improve from increased dispersion.

So when lights when at height giving 1000 par in center zone, what are the corners measuring?

How much more height do you have? If your height is unlimited the world is your oyster.
In a tent, you need a usable height range that gives the best par pattern and still leaves enough height to allow your grow.

A light that is 1700 center at 30 inches, but corners are only 300 is not a good tent light, even though it might be great in a big room with plenty of height for a tent, no go. Just too much light requiring too much height for a tent.

Do read the light info on cocoforcannabis. Their reviews show par at different heights and different sized tents. Very through read of measurement concerning light sources.

Bubba

Bubba, Thank you, I'm still reading. There is so much to learn and read, I had to take a break. I have time because I can't buy a light until Jan.😁

Bubba

Thank you again Bubba, I'm going to fine gmo's thread. See what's up.😎

I saw the same thing two smaller lights can be placed where you need and want them as oppose to the larger which can not be footprint adjusted.

I want to try to get a light with fans. The spider farm gets hot on top. I love what they are saying about spider farm sp4000. I know you can point a fan to blew on the top. But, I also want one that comes with a fan.🥰

I want to try to get a light with fans. The spider farm gets hot on top. I love what they are saying about spider farm sp4000. I know you can point a fan to blew on the top. But, I also want one that comes with a fan.🥰
The new lights use heat sinks (made of aluminum) they do not need cooling like the old LEDs do. So if it is a LED light yes get one with fan. But the new quantum's do not need cooling , I can place my hand right on lights and not get to hot.
Some lights will most likely cause a heat problem so keep searching.

The new lights use heat sinks (made of aluminum) they do not need cooling like the old LEDs do. So if it is a LED light yes get one with fan. But the new quantum's do not need cooling , I can place my hand right on lights and not get to hot.
Some lights will most likely cause a heat problem so keep searching.

So, far I like the Spiders. yup, still looking.:angiesfavorite:

I purchased a photontek600 last month, I'm still amazed at how cool it runs and how the girls seem to love it...

I purchased a photontek600 last month, I'm still amazed at how cool it runs and how the girls seem to love it...
Looks Very Nice Boo
1634134824350.png

Yes, very nice light. I understand it uses somewhat different diodes that can be under driven, reducing wear and generating less heat,
Yet producing all the light necessary to boot! Very nice light!

Bubba

I

Hello boo, I'll check the photontek600 out. Thank you.

Latest posts

Back