Atomic Dog 1st LED grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Greetings

Yeah had to do it , got the super grow led sk450 US made
seems solid and heavy construction, commercial grade quality full spectrum lighting. Right now doing federation seed Mikado.

Greetings,

These babies are at 3 wks and this small, if with HID or fluorescents would be 3 -4 times that size, so it would seem that LEDs are not too practical for seedlings though the leaves are like leather and robust. Still tweaking the ferts. Hey Rosebud how are u and ur grow.
So far all is good will update from time to time.

Peace
Atomic Dog

Ncgma--Just wanted you to know that I merged your 2 threads as they were pretty much the same.

We had someone else here who had trouble with seedlings under LEDs...I'll see if I can remember who it was. I think that a reflective partition around the plants would help to reflect the light back to the plants. Right now, the light is disbursing throughout a large space and a lot of it is being "lost".

Greetings

The lights are 250 w and are $867 each that put (from what they say) =500 HID / HPS lighting. This is experiment. I am a USDA (CMG)(certified master gardener) doing mostly R&D on people level. Myself in marine biology on expedition in early 80s exposed to DDT, PCB, Radioactive waste. My mission to find, produce , MEDICAL GRADE Cannabis in its highest order.
Like DJ Short I look for the rare breeds and propogate to the plants to ripeness and then to judge strains. To now I have done over 30 sets all different. Some strains are more important or pronounced than others. Medical grade cannabis cultivation is quite different than commercial or recreational. There are certain principles and disciplines and methods because there is a difference.

Peace
Atomic Dog

An actual 500 HID / HPS fixture would fry those faster than the equivalent LED that you have but only a little.

Just because the heat isn't there doesn't mean the light isn't powerful enough to "burn" them.

I have a dinky lil (60w draw +/-) LED in my VEG and have to/can stay 20"+
I'm also noticing a LOT of "lens-burning" on leafs with any accumulated/droplets of water on the leafs (IE spraying clones/seedlings)
that I did not have with T5.

This is my 2nd batch of clones and first seedling with this light.
In between it vegged one of those 1st White Siberian clones quite nicely.
:48:

Greetings

Yeah, 500 equivalent watts would burn at that level, but this level at 7 inches above seems to do well. I would say that the further and comfortable distance keeps plants active to reach their stages of growth. At my local 711, they got some LEDs that'll blow this away. I'm trying to find out who makes these beasts. These lights are almost like HIDs with a wide light spray and deep penetration. I'll try to get a photo of it and it'll blow away what u thought an LED can do at 4 feet from plant canopy! I only have residual heat, so no heat in area. This is called indoors guerrilla farming. I experienced this when I was in Colorado last June overseeing a 400 plant opp. Learned some things that in my yrs of experience had not known about cannabis growing. Unfortunately I got altitude sickness and had to leave emergency style but plants can grow at minimum temps of 59degrees on.

Gota go
Peace
Atomic Dog

I have my led 24 inches away from the top my flowering plants , I would start at 3 feet and no closer than 2 feet depending on how they react. Jmo

These babies are at 3 wks and this small, if with HID or fluorescents would be 3 -4 times that size, so it would seem that LEDs are not too practical for seedlings

this level at 7 inches above seems to do well.

I'm confused. Are they "doing well" or are they "3-4 times too small"?
:48:

Greetings,

These babies are at 3 wks and this small, if with HID or fluorescents would be 3 -4 times that size, so it would seem that LEDs are not too practical for seedlings though the leaves are like leather and robust. Still tweaking the ferts. Hey Rosebud how are u and ur grow.
So far all is good will update from time to time.

Peace
Atomic Dog

Hi AD, glad to see you. So, I have never seen an led that was so white? I admittedly have not seen a lot of led's... 2 different kinds to be exact. I also have never started seedlings under an LED. Seems you are way to close to the plants.. I am surprised they didn't bleach at that distance...hm... They look good though. I still start babies under T5's.

I am pretty good, i just harvested 3 Harlequin for someone that needed medicine stat. I was experiencing with some different ways of growing w/ led. I used 3 gallon pots and lst'd..not something that is recommended with LED. I pulled a little over 2 ounces a plant.. They were beautiful nugs. I just wanted to see what would happen.

I will be watching this grow, thanks for starting a journal. I know what you mean about medical is different.

Greetings

The lights are at 12 inches now and seedlings about 5 . Since the other photos ,I topped the plants and have swelled nicely almost overnight. The seem to well was that in that same amount of time, normally plants I do are usually 8- 12 inches in 2- 3 wks then flower . So that in by now I would be at least the first week or so in flower. I must say that general plant structure leaf mass above average in this set . This is a start to finish run with the one light itself.

Atomic Dog

Greetings

So far looking good , just started flower mode last week.

Hi AD, glad to see you. So, I have never seen an led that was so white? I admittedly have not seen a lot of led's... 2 different kinds to be exact. I also have never started seedlings under an LED. Seems you are way to close to the plants.. I am surprised they didn't bleach at that distance...hm... They look good though. I still start babies under T5's.

I am pretty good, i just harvested 3 Harlequin for someone that needed medicine stat. I was experiencing with some different ways of growing w/ led. I used 3 gallon pots and lst'd..not something that is recommended with LED. I pulled a little over 2 ounces a plant.. They were beautiful nugs. I just wanted to see what would happen.

I will be watching this grow, thanks for starting a journal. I know what you mean about medical is different.

Maybe he has A veg and bloom switch..my led looks super whiteish blue color n veg and full. Spec comes on its multi color....but not not near as red as my other led that has all reds n blues..

My last grow was done completely under LED`s, from sprouting the seeds to harvest. Had used T5`s (I think) to sprout before. Have 2 Diamond Series 300`s by Advanced LED. Used them for 6 grows now. Luv `em`. Later. Peace.

LOLOLOLOL I guess I need to get out more. That is funny!

Haha at first. I thought it was somw cool sewer tester thing for soil..then I saw the almost gone eraser head and said lmao its a darn pencil..tech

Latest posts

Back