attic

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I found a great spot to start growing in my attic but the only prob is that its realllly hot in there cuz its not insulated. So what would be some things that i would need to do in order to establish a good environment in there for the plants besides insulating it?

seemorebuds302 said:
I found a great spot to start growing in my attic but the only prob is that its realllly hot in there cuz its not insulated. So what would be some things that i would need to do in order to establish a good environment in there for the plants besides insulating it?
The only other thing i can think of is putting a Air Conditioner up there.

Attics are tough. I am in the south. and flowering july and aug. is not gonna happen. I have mine insulated and tapped into my existing air, but still reached high temps I wasn't comfortable with.
I would suggest an inline duct fan from the main HVAC trunk line. blows into the grow and then another inline fan going through a carbon filter going into the HVAC return line. This way your HVAC is still sealed. What people seem to forget is that an HVAC relies on a closed system for better effeciency. but make sure you system can hadle the new area. Builders are notorious for installing too small of a handler for the residence. just check your footage and compare to the tonage of your system. (note: this will work only if the ducting and handler is up in the attic.)
Or do as TBG said. (qbeat me to the draw there)

Latest posts

Back