Attic

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ninfan77

Reaction score
Is it possible to grow in one's attic? Would the temp fluctuation be too much?

Ive also thot about framing part of it out, (2 walls basically) insulating them, and growin inside that?? Again, would that really help with temp issues to grow year round?

Hey man, long time no see dude. (Never forget a NIN fan.;) )
I grow in an attic. Summer months is almost impossible for me. Aug. forget it.
In my attic with a pull down stair.
Secret is to tap into the downstairs air and insulate a grow cab and carbon scrubb back into the return line. That way your not wasting heated air and increasing your bill. Some do it out the roof vent, but mine sucks too much air would not be efficient. Then it will stay a decent temp the rest of the year. but dead winter low temps may be a problem so make preps for that.

70deg the ambient temp i need?

Yea i can tap into the downstairs air pretty easily. i own the house so its not a problem. So probably not going to be a year around growing room eh. Not without a major cooling/heating bill.

I have a basement, 5 foot celings, but the furnace is down there, and imo smells a little like fuel oil. Probably not good eh?

Im having such a hard time finding ppl who sell quality smoke anymore, so figure if i can grow 1-2P a month i'd be good. That or find a cheap hookup :p

im growing mine in my crawl space and its only 4 foot high, problem really is im almost 6 foot, banged my head a few times, but the only problem I have and still have is the humidity level is high, and still smells a bit like mj when I walk into the room even though I have two carbon scrubbers, maybe im doing something wrong with that anyways its a big room and have no window or nothing, im not sure what to do...its not strong and can't smell in the rest of the house, only that room...

ninfan77 said:
70deg the ambient temp i need?

Yea i can tap into the downstairs air pretty easily. i own the house so its not a problem. So probably not going to be a year around growing room eh. Not without a major cooling/heating bill.

I have a basement, 5 foot celings, but the furnace is down there, and imo smells a little like fuel oil. Probably not good eh?

I'm in the south so its not a matter of heating cooling bill, mine doesn't budge but its the temp of the attic gets to be 110 and 120 F and even with the insulated box its temp rises. So I just shut down for july and aug.

As for the furnace..I think (if its gas) would be a great CO2 generator. I mean when it fires up it would be pumping out the CO2. If there are no leaks or anything, I think that would be a good thing. but thats just a thought..I'd wait for others to chime in on that one.

Its an oil furnace. But oil is carbon sooo....

Ideally the basement would be best imo, as it stays relatively same temp, humidty, and i could probably figure out a vent pretty easily (its an old farmhouse so gotta go thru a ROCK foundation)

Latest posts

Back