Aurora from Nirvana

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
looking good gourmet..

a few pics back were you were getting the yellow on edges.. did that clear up??
thats alot like how mine started but then got worse.. i generally dont fret about a lil yellowing here n there but mine seems to have "taken off" lol..

but all around they look great.. and i think you will be plzed with the smoke you get off em..
LH

nice gourmet... im gonna pull up a seat...I wanted to know what aurora turns out

I got the yellow sorted out LeftHand. I have to use CalMag every feeding lest they suffer from Magnesium deficiency. Once I started that every feeding instead of skipping feedings, the leaves turned dark again. Even the ones that had been light turned dark instead of having the wait for new growth to see how it was working.
Thank Moaky. Looking forward to seeing how the flowers progress myself.

I had to order a new ph meter as mine is not making any sense. It drifts off of 7.0 constantly (I test it constantly with reference solution), and it was showing when I added cal mag and tiger bloom with just a touch of ph down, that it was pushing it down from 7.8 to 6.2, 6.1 and other various numbers. I think this pen is not working correctly. Today used the same nutes and same ratio ph down starting with the same water at 7.8 ph and today it showed 6.8. I figured better safe than sorry and ordered a new ph pen.

gourmet said:
I had to order a new ph meter as mine is not making any sense. It drifts off of 7.0 constantly (I test it constantly with reference solution), and it was showing when I added cal mag and tiger bloom with just a touch of ph down, that it was pushing it down from 7.8 to 6.2, 6.1 and other various numbers. I think this pen is not working correctly. Today used the same nutes and same ratio ph down starting with the same water at 7.8 ph and today it showed 6.8. I figured better safe than sorry and ordered a new ph pen.

Some pH pens need to be calibrated more than others. Also, it is common for nutes to bring the pH down. You are not adding nutes and pH down to your solution at the same time are you? Most nutes have buffers that need some time to work.

Yes, I have been adding ph down to my water with the nutes in it. It can be as high as 7.8 without the ph down. This is a soil grow. I can try first adding the nutes to a smaller amount of water, adding that, then going back and watering with ph downed water or visa versa.

At the end of week 4 under 12/12 feeding Tiger Bloom and Cal Mag. Lots of buds formed and looking forward to them fattening up.

Red your post on another thread Hemp Goddess, and I will start first letting the water sit to remove any chlorine (tap water) then putting nutes in and letting it sit overnight, then adding the ph down.

wk4 flower1.JPG

wk4 flower2.JPG

:ciao: Gourmet

Plants look good! I too let my tap water sit for at least 24 hours before i use it. Im organic tho, so not a big PH issue.

looking good fam will be watching this one

Hey gourmet, plants are looking good. Have you smoked the aurora yet.? Just wondering if she would be good for pain. I'm in. :)

Thanks for the input drfting07 and thank you Sin inc. No powerplanter, I have not yet smoked the Aurora and it is hard to be patient. Been out for a long time since first I knew I would get laid off and then did get laid off so dried out for a long time. Good news is got a job right away after getting my layoff check (lol).
I will let you know how it smokes as soon as it is ready.

Here is how it looks at 5 weeks in flower.

wk 5 flower1.JPG

wk 5 flower2.JPG

Week 6 and no photos this week as they don't look that much different than last week. A little frostier perhaps. I got a new ph pen which is digital for $60.00 and I love it cause it is easy to calibrate and hasn't needed calibration since I got it (I have test solution to test it). It is waterproof, easy to read, holds the ph reading by using a "Hold" button when you remove it from the solution or water. I love love love it.

Been so hot here I decided not to start another grow right away but wait until September so there will be a lull between harvesting this grow and starting my next grow. My tent is in my bedroom and the heat cycles into the room while the air conditioner in the window blows cool air through a passive intake. But the air conditioner is having trouble keeping up with the heat generated by the lamp that is being pumped back into the room and the hot weather also. In winter I just open the window a crack and the cold air gets pulled into the passive intake. Cheaper in electricity.

they look tight gourmet....
lookinggood though..how you likin the AI grow??
take care n play safe...
LH

Like the grow because I have little head room and the plants didn't stretch like saliva. How did you like the smoke from your Papaya plants? I have some Papaya seeds and was thinking about doing those in the 2nd grow from now.

gourmet said:
Like the grow because I have little head room and the plants didn't stretch like saliva. How did you like the smoke from your Papaya plants? I have some Papaya seeds and was thinking about doing those in the 2nd grow from now.

yeah they dont stretch very much.. or at least non of mine do.. or have...
im restricted in one of my rooms and they seem to be fairing out just fine with low head room..

as for the papaya.. smell n taste is nice.. i didnt care for the high too much i find it aot weaker than most strains... could be just a bad pheno..
im more into the couch lock high..

pop em n run em.. easy to grow.. and pending on high you might enjoy er.. since you like yer sats...

take care..
LH

Here they are a day away from week 7 flower. Looks like they have a couple of weeks to go yet.

wk 7 flower 4.JPG

Wk 7 flower.JPG

Here we are at week 8. The taller more saliva like plant is starting to get a few amber tricks, the other is all clear so far.

wk8 flower1.JPG

Here we are at week 9 and my last post. Just watching the trichs now for harvesting color.

wk9 flower2.JPG

gourmet said:
Here we are at week 8. The taller more saliva like plant is starting to get a few amber tricks, the other is all clear so far.

Saliva! :icon_smile:

:cool2: Gourmet

Latest posts

Back