Auto Flower....back at it.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello Carty, I'm growing Auto. I have two Yumbolts Auto Fem. going. They are not doing so good. It's my lights two giixer 120w. Working on that. My plants are 9 weeks and small. But, they will smoke. I have Glue Gelato Auto fem and Jack Herer Fem coming in the mail. Happy growing and I'll be sitting in, maybe I'll learn something.:cool:

Hello Carty, I'm growing Auto. I have two Yumbolts Auto Fem. going. They are not doing so good. It's my lights two giixer 120w. Working on that. My plants are 9 weeks and small. But, they will smoke. I have Glue Gelato Auto fem and Jack Herer Fem coming in the mail. Happy growing and I'll be sitting in, maybe I'll learn something.:cool:

Learn from me brother.... I made all the mistakes, broke all their rules and grew some wicked auto's ... stunted plants are just as much in the breeding as the growing. Problem is, fast flowering times sells seeds to the kids with no patience. Unfortunately, this type of market has hurt breeders as they hunt for the faster finisher.... in autos this really sucks.. when I make beans goofing off, I looked for females that showed sex last giving her more time to veg. I found 3wks to a month makes for large autos.. males, I look for early trichomes on the calyx's and less leaf growth.... tall.
and again, the last one to show sex.. I'm a pollen slinger, real breeders search thru hundreds to accomplish this...

Follow this bro......
Start in 1gal plastic nursery pots until they show sex.. even if feminized.. the plastic pot allows the larger roots to develop first establishing the plants foot hold... build a nice root ball. Up pot into 3gal felt pot to finish, this will trim these big roots as they reach the edges and develop feeder roots, what u want.

Don't , don't.... feed week 1, over water, run on 24hr lights. either 20/4 or 18/6. try starting on 18/6 and flowering on 20/4 like I do. all plants need a dark cycle man...

My Auto mentor. Yehaaaaaaaaa😁

hahaha.... no worries. just love helping anyone I can do better. I'm far from a great grower, but I've learned from a lot of mistakes as I've always liked to experiment... learned a lot about autos doing just that...

And, I've got some started so let's follow these along on this grow....

I've made a few changes, always have a back up plan incase some seeds just don't show up, like just happened to me.
I put down 4 Zkittlez from Weedseedsexpress and 1 never germinated, but I usually plant them anyway... never showed up to the game. 3 did, however, within 36hrs 1 and stemmed over.... not had this happen in 15yrs or more.
So, 2 are up and going...

The 2 Blue Himalayan showed up, but after rethinking things I culled them for not being femininzed and put down 2 of Diggy Soze's Upzalberry Auto's feminized....

Confused yet...? lol.

Well, here is what we have going on as of now.....

2 - Zkittlez Auto Fem by WSE
20211020_082728 (2).jpg

20211020_082854 (2).jpg

2 - Upzalberry Auto Fem by Diggy Soze of Worcestershire_Farms
20211020_082347 (2).jpg
20211020_082525 (2).jpg

1 - Kermit's Finger Auto Reg by Carty and ZeroZero aka: Dos Amigos Seeds
20211020_083019 (2).jpg

Hard to believe it's only been 24hrs since last photos....

20211022_225239 (2).jpg

20211022_224944 (2).jpg

My Kermit's Finger looking great
20211022_225604 (2).jpg

catching up is the Upzalberry by Diggy
20211022_230040 (2).jpg

20211022_230228 (2).jpg

As I watch these autos maturing my love for this type of growing is grabbing me yet again.... hmmmm?

Autos in both tents 30 days apart would pretty much keep us in meds much better....

Have grown real potent autos along with my photo period plants. No problem.

Right? well, time to get back into it and prove some nay sayers wrong..... hehe

autos in both tents?

let’s go , what’s the holdup?

Ok Big SIR.... ju got it man.. abbra cadabra, poof. and it is done.

I currently have 5 ladies flowering, photo periods. 2 half way, those I'll finish out myself.. the other 3 or 4 will go over to Atilla's place. He gives me a portion of everything so no worries.. let him flower them out next 2mos while I do a full fun at same time of autos... and autos... and auto's..... HA.

So, drowning in a cup of water atm are ........
4 - Gelato feminized by Weedseedsexpress, thank you Marc...

2 - Blue Himalayan regular seeds by Short Stuff seeds, these F2's made by Dos Amigo's Seeds.. (me and ZZ).

My partner ZeroZero, the other half of Dos Amigos Seeds, has started 12 Upzalberry by Diggy Soze with a
100% success rate on germination...

Carty is officially back into the world of Autos.... dedicated to projects with Diggy Soze making feminized seeds of his Upzalberry... one wicked 4 way cross..... I have 2 up and ZZ has 12 starting... let the games begin...

Bigsur, this is all your fault.... hahaha

Okay.... tent #2 is up and going awaiting plants to push up thru the fresh dirt.

Strains:
4 Gelato Auto fem by Weedseedsexpress (gifted to me to simply test grow)_
20211028_002538.jpg

2 Upzalberry fem by Diggy Soze (ZeroZero and I are making fem'd beans for Diggy ... ZZ just started 12
(Double Grape x Creme de la Chem) from Mephisto, crossed to (Wizards Apprentice x Forum Stomper from Night Owl)... below are the ones ZZ is growing and will pick certain ladies to spray...
20211026_140317_Burst01 (2).jpg

20211028_002538 (2).jpg

2 Gomer's Su Prise

Soil: Roots Organics regular green bag.. You have to grind this soil up either by hand or find an old coffee grinder
and really get it loamy.. I do it by hand, by time I've completed it my hands are black from all the guano..
20211027_190738.jpg

Foods: Mills

Lights: LED 2 x 40w

Always wash your pots, fill halfway with soil, water lightly and allow that to pack naturally... fill remainder of
the way and water lightly again... now it's time to plant..
I use an old pot stem, push it down an inch, drop seedling in and lightly cover with a pinch of dirt... now I lightly
water using a dropper.. actually, you know them little tiny turkey baster looking things for sucking snot out of a babies nose... that things works so great for watering babies.... hehehe.

20211028_002815.jpg

plant and wait
20211028_002505.jpg

Last edited:
And now a peek at the other tent as those autos are growing great.
20211026_083304 (2).jpg

Attachments

• 20211026_085623 (2).jpg
    20211026_085623 (2).jpg
    265.7 KB · Views: 2
  • 20211026_102814 (2).jpg
    20211026_102814 (2).jpg
    134.4 KB · Views: 1
  • 20211026_085726 (2).jpg
    20211026_085726 (2).jpg
    119.3 KB · Views: 2
Hey Carty
Just found this thread.
You've put a lot of work into this and I'm sure it will be appreciated - I certainly love what you've done.
Hope you continue to post these detailed messages and pics.
I live in Spain but am about to go vitit my son & grandson in CA.
When I return in February - I'll be cleaning my pots etc ready for an early start in march/April.
I also prefer auto's (for the speed) and grow out on my large balcony in pots.
What's your thoughts on starting in small pots and repotting once roots are becoming well established?

Also I'm guessing those are airports you're using ?
I have to work with low budget.
How much do they cost?

Hey Carty
Just found this thread.
You've put a lot of work into this and I'm sure it will be appreciated - I certainly love what you've done.
Hope you continue to post these detailed messages and pics.
I live in Spain but am about to go vitit my son & grandson in CA.
When I return in February - I'll be cleaning my pots etc ready for an early start in march/April.
I also prefer auto's (for the speed) and grow out on my large balcony in pots.
What's your thoughts on starting in small pots and repotting once roots are becoming well established?

well, you found it early on as we are just getting going back into Auto's... so pull up a bean bag.

I actually recommend it.. when I started growing Autos years back, tested everything and especially the do's and do nots.. and because I was having to sex 15 plants to find my 6 keeper females, who can afford 15 3gal pots of good soil.. yet it said, do NOT transplant autos.. did I listen, NOpe.. started them all in 1gal plastic el cheapo nursery pots.
Up until sexing, then up pot keeper females into 3gal felt pots to finish.. 2 gal minimum.

I believe doing so gets the larger establishing roots developed that gives the plant a foothold.. by up potting next into a felt pot, it will begin air trimming the roots as they reach the edges and start building feeder roots for up taking foods and water...

Also I'm guessing those are airports you're using ?
I have to work with low budget.
How much do they cost?

Oxypots, Airpots... I call em bumpy pots... lol. and yes, not the cheapest by all means.. almost $10ea.. although my hydro store has cheaper ones that are as cheaply made... lol. I prefer the 2gal taller ones with red or yellow bottoms.. perfect for autos.. especially feminized as you can start them in these pots...

Felt pots are fairly cheap too.... so start them in 1/2 to 1gal plastic, after sexing, into felt... they love roots organics soil loaded with all the guanos too.... luck man

at first I thought you said Let’s try some lsd.....my heart skipped a beat.....ha , I found some STP and DMT the other day and put it n my The Last Days sack of goodies...I plan on going out in a bang!

good to see you up and running Carty , you seem to have a passion for the auto which is a good thing because that is where good things come from , passion

we cut down some old school east coast sour diesel yesterday that smelled like a dead skunk in the middle of the road...more skunk smell than this old fart has smelled in a long long time.....if I have some extra seeds I’ll send you some for Christmas

at first I thought you said Let’s try some lsd.....my heart skipped a beat.....ha , I found some STP and DMT the other day and put it n my The Last Days sack of goodies...I plan on going out in a bang!

good to see you up and running Carty , you seem to have a passion for the auto which is a good thing because that is where good things come from , passion

we cut down some old school east coast sour diesel yesterday that smelled like a dead skunk in the middle of the road...more skunk smell than this old fart has smelled in a long long time.....if I have some extra seeds I’ll send you some for Christmas

Hey Big.... I've gotten rid of so many seeds last year I'm down to just a handful, and half of them are from you .. lol.
Imagine that Snow Leopard as an auto.. omg. ZeroZero is gonna run her next year outside for us see how big he can get her, or wide at least... hehe.
I need to get me a last days baggie going.. my problem would be dipping into it... hahaha..

Some real Road Kill Skunk eh? used to be the Hells Angels held that cut and nobody else had best not have it.. doh.
Last real skunk I had came from the Mtns of Humboldt grown by a friend.. 6mos = 50lbs of some of the stinkiest weed... could have a half Z up stairs in the townhouse... people walk in the front door and know what we had for sale that day.... The Kind we called it... Lime green , purple, orange... omg. tasted of menthol.. best of luck on them seeds and appreciate ya thinking of me.. Best thing to do is leave them inside a bud.... muwahahaa

You are the man Carty

Thanks Brother Pute.. and I must say. A few good peeps are making me look good by gifting me feminized seeds and making my life so much easier... big thanks to Diggy Soze, & Dave n Marc with Weedseedsexpress for thinking of this guy for getting their seed stock exposure... kudos guys

Boo ain't there any more. Had another run in with Dman and he dropped the hammer. I wish Dman would stick his nose in here again. Carty you are still on there.....tell him Big and I would love to have him.

giphy.gif

Carty my Man , Swede came over to the homestead the other day and told me when she got out of her car , she immediately thought there was a dead skunk over on the county highway about a block away

the snow leopard has some shiva skunk in its genes and the ecsd x Ogers has some super skunk in them and these are the first pollination which I think brings a lot of diversity to the gene pool....

mabe the expres is the shiva or the super skunk , who knows....

yeah I hear you on the seed inventory , I will pass all mine down to my kids who have come to appreciate the medicinal effects of cannabis and they seeds will be put to good use...

but yeah , I try and send out a bunch of seeds around Christmas and will do,so again this season...some,chem crosses , c99 , chem 91 , Malawi , ecsd x Ogers , and some,snow leopards

and I will also have a Bigs Mix , which will be a bunch of the strandivars above and some unknowns....

Latest posts

Back