Auto flower close

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any suggestions for drying and curing? Bodeva packs? My closet runs about 70 degrees f and 20% humidity. I can add humidifier?

I have no experience in a dry climate so I can’t comment on drying and curing like that.

Higher humidity would be good and after dying I typically use a boveda pak in the jar...

I have 62’s. However, I think 62 is good for long term storage of buds that are dried to less than 60%. I saw a video recently where a massive cannabis producer of expensive bud uses 55% packs. Supposedly the range most people like their bud in is 55-60 do the 62’s are a little high. I have buds from 2015 in a jar with 62’s that are very smooth and flavorful so they work well for me. They also last a long time. The pack I have in my old bud jar is still pliable meaning it is still good 4 years later...

Today’s pics still no ambers. Seems like it’s been forever and still none

Attachments

• 5E6A0324-2624-4279-963D-EE8E04D6701C.jpeg
    5E6A0324-2624-4279-963D-EE8E04D6701C.jpeg
    30.2 KB · Views: 36
  • C1D72738-CAEE-4F4C-823E-70062DCF7684.jpeg
    C1D72738-CAEE-4F4C-823E-70062DCF7684.jpeg
    36.8 KB · Views: 28
  • 63E3704C-14D5-4BC7-869C-61D2A73DD66B.jpeg
    63E3704C-14D5-4BC7-869C-61D2A73DD66B.jpeg
    40.4 KB · Views: 30
  • D532AACE-9449-49AE-ADAA-0B8F4A37F75F.jpeg
    D532AACE-9449-49AE-ADAA-0B8F4A37F75F.jpeg
    40.2 KB · Views: 32
  • 11A36303-2DBC-459E-B1D5-21A61EA8A7F3.jpeg
    11A36303-2DBC-459E-B1D5-21A61EA8A7F3.jpeg
    36.7 KB · Views: 37
  • 3C94E33F-C4D5-48F6-ADBF-24D43AFAF0EA.jpeg
    3C94E33F-C4D5-48F6-ADBF-24D43AFAF0EA.jpeg
    78.8 KB · Views: 31
That is one pretty looking bud. The trichs I can see look cloudy. Cloudy means they are ripe. A lot of people wait for 10 or 20% Amber(which is actually when the THC is degrading) to ensure the most potent medicine. As I said, I have had plants that just wouldn’t turn amber and got some nice smoke from them.

Should I wet trim?Also my closet where they will dry is about 70 degrees and 22 % humidity. Should I work to raise humidity?

I trim after I chop my plants. I think trimming after it dries would be a pain. I have never dried in 20% humidity but looks like 2RE says higher humidity would be good.

I would IMO, it’s really a pain in the butt to trim after drying...trimming is not a lot of fun at any stage but much more difficult after dry...if you can raise that humidity for drying it would be good maybe up around 50% if you can...In Cali that is an issue as we’re dry... after it’s dry, jar and used boveda in the jar...

Normally I do a wet trim on my plants and get all but the sugar off right at the beginning but I do my drying and curing in a temp and humidity controlled room. In your case, with an average humidity of only 20 percent, you are gonna wind up with bud that smells like hay from drying too fast. To slow that down, dry trim instead. Leave all of the leaves on the plant when you dry it. The leaves will slow down the drying and allow the plant to leach out more of the chlorophyll and improve the flavor.

You don’t want to blow humid air on the buds. You could get mold or uneven drying. I have not done a dry trim so you’d have to trust St_Nick on that one. Can you put some pans or cookie sheets of water in your closet to see if that raises your humidity? You want some air circulation too but nothing blowing on the plants. I have used paper grocery bags before when I cut the buds off the stems too early. Fold them closed and you have a smaller more humid closed system but you’d need to check them and gently reposition them frequently. I think I would try the pans of water. Works well to raise the humidity for n my house during the winter when I have the wood stove cranking...

Ok I did a dry run in closet I put bucket of water which brought up humidity to 40% without plant in there. Temp is 74. Will a fan bring temp down?

That is s lot better. If you close the door in the closet, the fan might warm it up a bit because of the heat from the motor. Won’t cool it. Just get some air movement. Read up on the harvest, dry and cure threads. You are almost there. Good job so far, Connie. I am curious and maybe I missed it but does your daughter smoke it or has she tried edibles for her condition? I’ve never tried commercially made edibles but I know my home made brownies are really good for appetite stimulation and are quite a bit more low key than the smoke from my buds. All of your trim can be used to make edibles if you didn’t know that so keep that trim.

That is s lot better. If you close the door in the closet, the fan might warm it up a bit because of the heat from the motor. Won’t cool it. Just get some air movement. Read up on the harvest, dry and cure threads. You are almost there. Good job so far, Connie. I am curious and maybe I missed it but does your daughter smoke it or has she tried edibles for her condition? I’ve never tried commercially made edibles but I know my home made brownies are really good for appetite stimulation and are quite a bit more low key than the smoke from my buds. All of your trim can be used to make edibles if you didn’t know that so keep that trim.
Thank you. My daughter smokes when she needs to eat and when she has pain and nausea. Her motility disorder also goes into her esophagus, often preventing food from going down. Smoking seems to relax it enough to hep. I am excited about making edibles also.

You can make tincture too. A very good person on this site uses MCT which is some kind of coconut oil derivative. I have tried MCT tincture and it is similar to edibles. It is flavorless and may be easier to use than an edible. It is essentially a liquid.

Latest posts

Back