Auto northern lights

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ragamuffin

Reaction score
I have a question about the strain auto northern lights . It’s listed as being both feminised and an auto flower , it even says harvest early September whereas a normal autoflower can be harvested at any time . My main question is this , from what I have read photoperiods can be repotted at least a few times but with autoflowers you aren’t really supposed to repot them . With this strain being both will they be ok to repot or do you think it’s best to stick to their final pots from the start . Much appreciated , iv added a picture of the seeds

Attachments

• 2B37DA32-BB47-49BF-8247-70518C4FAD7B.png
    2B37DA32-BB47-49BF-8247-70518C4FAD7B.png
    127.5 KB · Views: 9
Man, grow the photoperiod so that you can have a real grow of this classic strain under your belt. Northern Lights is very easy to grow, you'll love it. There's nothing wrong with the auto, but I'd always have this nagging doubt that the real version is just a bit better you know? If time is a thing for you, I can tell you Northern Lights Photoperiod (Fem) takes some time to grow, 3-4 months. The auto might be a lot faster, that's the main upside.

I'm smoking NL now as we speak, it's amazing. Mold resistant, very understanding to newbie mistakes.

If you decide to grow NL, look me up anytime if you have questions, I'm onto my third grow of this great strain. (Low odor too)

(went back read your post, you may have already ordered auto seeds? Cool, I'm sure it will be amazing... I'd love to watch your grow to see how the auto's do.)

Here is a newbie grown bud I just hacked up, it came in at 1.7 Oz wet trimmed! Nirvana Northern Lights Photo Fem.

IMG_0538.JPG
IMG_0534.JPG

Seed to Weed in about 70 Days from when you pop it up bro....

YES.. despite what they say, Autos love to be up potted. I start mine in 1gal plastic pots so larger roots form to get a nice foot hold. (avoid solo cups, they stunt autos) Up pot to a 2 or 3gal felt pot. I prefer a tall 2gal felt.

Up pot right after the plant shows sex, hopefully 18 to 21 days in.

at 2wks old, remove the round leafs and the single bladed leaf just above it to promote upward growth and avoid
stunting issues some autos have.

light on foods first few weeks. LUCK

Man, grow the photoperiod so that you can have a real grow of this classic strain under your belt. Northern Lights is very easy to grow, you'll love it. There's nothing wrong with the auto, but I'd always have this nagging doubt that the real version is just a bit better you know? If time is a thing for you, I can tell you Northern Lights Photoperiod (Fem) takes some time to grow, 3-4 months. The auto might be a lot faster, that's the main upside.

I'm smoking NL now as we speak, it's amazing. Mold resistant, very understanding to newbie mistakes.

If you decide to grow NL, look me up anytime if you have questions, I'm onto my third grow of this great strain. (Low odor too)

(went back read your post, you may have already ordered auto seeds? Cool, I'm sure it will be amazing... I'd love to watch your grow to see how the auto's do.)

Here is a newbie grown bud I just hacked up, it came in at 1.7 Oz wet trimmed! Nirvana Northern Lights Photo Fem.

View attachment 292633View attachment 292632
Hey man thanks for all the feedback , I actually have 7 criticals and 2 white widows that are both photo periods and plan to put them outside in about 6 weeks . Where I live doesn’t have the best of weather so I am planning on putting out 5-10 autoflowers aswell around the same time which i was hoping to harvest at the start of august if i put them outside at the start of June . It was just the info on there confused me a little because I have an auto ak and auto skunk 1 which both said 70-80 days but the NL’s had early September which was the same time frame as the photoperiods I have . You guys have put my mind at ease though and I’m going to try them in smaller pots to begin with and just be very careful when repotting . I am planning on doing 1 or 2 plants in the house through the summer though so will definitely grab some normal NL seeds and give them a try . Cheers guys

I have a Gabagoo Auto that's had its head up for amost a week and just dropped another Gabagoo and 2 feminized Skittles Autos 2 days ago in the soil.
My week old Gabagoo is in a 3gallon fabric pots. And the other 3 will going in 3gallon fabric pots at about a week old.
Yehaaaaaaaaaaa 🤠

I have a Gabagoo Auto that's had its head up for amost a week and just dropped another Gabagoo and 2 feminized Skittles Autos 2 days ago in the soil.
My week old Gabagoo is in a 3gallon fabric pots. And the other 3 will going in 3gallon fabric pots at about a week old.
Yehaaaaaaaaaaa 🤠

Your gonna love her, but then again you know that huh? hehe.

Here is her cousin.. Agoo
Agoo leans towards sour60.jpg

Would you guys say this is a week or two from being chopped ? I like the look of this strain , was very fast aswell

Attachments

• 488BD52F-D597-4CD8-8103-21918235D2E4.png
    488BD52F-D597-4CD8-8103-21918235D2E4.png
    358.2 KB · Views: 14
Breeders almost always claim quicker harvests than most people will ever see. Quick harvests are a marketing ploy. You should get an eye loupe to check trichomes to properly gauge harvest time. 30-40x is what I would recommend.

Or, take a photo close up of your plant... upload into a laptop and open with paint... done right you'll be able to see your trichome heads and if they are clear, milky or ambering..
Clear trichs you get a speedy up high that seems to go away very fast... very fast.
Milky trichs, this is where you harvest a strain that is too potent for you such as a Neville's Haze..
Amber 50% is where most commercial growers take plants to in order to get the high and THC % desired.
Ambering all over. knock out sleepy bye time weed right chere.... lol this is where 2 hit **** comes from..

To achieve greatness one must push a plant to the point of greatness.. then, dry it slowly, 10 to 14 days...

Day 70 and still not quite done.
20220628_144657 (3).jpg

20220628_144810 (2).jpg
20220628_144709 (3).jpg

20220626_213228 (3).jpg

Northern Lightryder seeds I also gifted to Sincitytoker who had is buddy run them.. you can find him
on Instagram. His plants look amazing..

NLR.jpeg

I hope others have the same luck as Concretebudz..

I've got some of those. Can't wait to try them.

Latest posts

Back