auto plan

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gunsmoke

class of 78"
Reaction score
) I have read a lot about these but never grown any. I did put together a plan by stealing ideas here and there and adding some of my own ( THESE WILL BE OBVIOUS) .
First get a 20 gal. tub container and drill several 3/8" drain holes in the bottom.Now make dividers attach inside tub using gorilla tape to make 4 sections. Use.plastic if you have it otherwise thick slick finished cardboard - I think it will last.
These tubs are as tall as a 5 gal bucket. I am cheap so I always use shultz potting mix or Menard brand and have good luck with other plants so it will be ok here. It h
As small amount of fertilizer. A couple handfulls of worm castings 3/4 gal. Perlite per section plus a couple handfulls of worm castings.
Here is an idea I stole. Mix some soil and mostly perlte and put about 1"-1 1/2" in bottom of tub. Now water this well. This is the hard part- fill the sections with soil mix but take extra perlite and add it in sort of a spiral
in the center as you go up. That part is my idea- the spiral.:vap-leafy_wave:
Take you're party cups ( red of course:banana:>) and cut the bottom off about 1/2".
Now dig a hole in the.tub section dirt about half depth of cup and put cup in hole scoop dirt around it a little to hold it.
Take PLAIN potting mix no ferts. Add plenty perlite 1/2 teaspoon garden lime. 1-2 tablespoons wormcastings. Fill party cups.
Start the seeds paper towel method might as well use feminized. Once sprouted plant in the party cups and as they begin growing water through the party cup using plain water at first. The plant will sense the wet mix at the bottom and send roots. The perlite spiral will be the easiest route down thus spreading over a bigger area instead of straight down. It:vap-axgn4n:'s important to let the plants go through a complete wet/dry cycle.
The plant will stay growing through the cup.
Put the tub under 400 metal halide as the plant grows through preflower until the plant is almost done stretching. During this time when the plants need fertilizer use foxfarm grow big half strength. This fertilizer and the my until the plant is about done stretching.
Now put in the hps bulb and if the plants need fert. Use a small mixture of tiger bloom and big bloom. Maybe 1/4 - 1/2 strength. Less cert. Is better remember the soil mixhas time release fert. But pretty weak. The worm castings I have are 1-0-0. Just weak nitrogen humus.
When you originally put the tub under the MH then hps :vap-axgn4n:have the timer on 20/4 and just leave it there until harvest just adjust height. Use the dimmer for seedlings if you have that.
With a normal 400 light I think you could fit 2 tubs (8 plants) under it maybe rotate occasionionally Solly all plants get equal light. It is barely over the reccommended. Footprint for a 400 light but I think it would work.
This would be easier than it sounds it would be an efficient use of the space available.
Please feel free to critique and offer suggestions. As I said I have never grown autos.

No way here. I am in a state where I would get death by poisenous gas or the cops will shoot you in the back - its big money prosecuting pot cases fees fines diversion costs class fees lawyers etc. If they catch you alive.
Plus the law likes the easy brownie points. If they get 2 calls- 1 for someone smoking pot and another for a home invasion involving gunshots fired guess where they go first? They will wait until the shooting is over.
I grew up in a city near here and there was a suicidal man alone in his apartment. The cops evacuated the apartments around him kicked in the door and shot him dead. Good job.
We will be moving to Michigan to live on some property we have near Saugatuk I will get a card and be good to go then. I have to finish renovating this building and get some tenents. Plus some my family is not quite ready yet.
This method would work real well with 2 400 lights. 1 of each mh & hps side by side in the same space. 4 tubs perpetual grow- set up timing right harvest 2 tubs slide other 2 over and have 2 more tubs ready to go. I haven't tried it just been on my mind.
Peace out

If this is what you want to do, I think you would be far better off going with photoperiod seeds the first grow and then go with clones after that. You might even want to go with some kind of hydro set up if using tubs like that. Clones will give you as good a plant turnover as autos, you will not have to buy new seeds every grow, and the bud will simply be better

I believe you're right. I always had good luck with photo plants before ( long ago) and have never tried hydro. I probably would stick to them.
This was for the folks who do grow autos. Reading on here and elsewhere they are popular with some people.
I was just adding my 2$ to help efficiency.

Latest posts

Back