Auto White Russian Grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
StoneyBud said:
Thanks for the reply. That's too tall for what I intend to do. I would love to find a very potent strain of autoflower that didn't get any taller than 18 inches maximum, regardless of how well it's grown.

Do you know of one like that?

I got some free seeds with my order called Short Stuff #1 - the site says they grow 10-15" tall... but on the potency it says 7 out of 10.

OldHippieChick said:
I got some free seeds with my order called Short Stuff #1 - the site says they grow 10-15" tall... but on the potency it says 7 out of 10.
Do you have a link to any pics of it? Which place would be the best to buy them from? I don't want femmed seeds.

hxxp://www.dope-seeds.com/shortstuff_seeds.htm
Here's the list.
I have not grown any of them so have no suggestions.

OldHippieChick said:
hxxp://www.dope-seeds.com/shortstuff_seeds.htm
Here's the list.
I have not grown any of them so have no suggestions.
Thanks! Those look interesting.

Just a small update. Not feeling too well so no pics right now, too lazy! haha. But just checked the trichs and looks like most are beginning to get cloudy. I am gonna chop at 9 weeks (11/21) no matter what b/c I am going out of town for the Thanksgiving holidays. The way the trichs are turning, it should be just about perfect timing. In fact, may be a little earlier than 9 weeks. Anyways, I will get some pics up in the next couple days when I can get off the couch. :)

Decided to get up and post some. haha. Some pics at 53 days. Oh so close! :)

100_0723.jpg

100_0724.jpg

100_0725.jpg

looking good smokestack not long now how long till you chop her and can do this :joint:

I haven't really decided. Next Saturday at the latest. Possibly as soon as a week from today. :)

Hey guys. Just want a quick update before tomorrow. She is in the tent and after the lights turned off last night, they were off for good on this grow. I am letting her sit in the dark about 36 hours, or til I wake up tomorrow to trim and chop! I wish I could have let her go a little bit longer, but I am going out of town for the holidays in a week, and I would like some smoke for the trip! :) The trichs are mostly cloudy, and a lil amber. Anyway, some pics of her in the tent and will update tom as the chop-chop happens :hubba:

100_0726.jpg

100_0727.jpg

100_0728.jpg

Plants look really nice good work,looks like ur gunna have a happy harvest haha!:fly: Iv got some auto ak47 on the go right now there into there 3rd week and there almost a foot tall with tones of 7 pointers there growing so fast! Anyways great work again!

Happy grow!

Congrats - lovely.
Sad news here - I killed my 10 autos in germination. A humbling experience. I'm trying again with some freebee short stuff autos (the ones Hamster said weren't worth the bother) and some white widows. Not giving up.
Please give a weight and smoke report and have a safe trip.

Sorry to hear about your beans OHC! What happened exactly? And I will def give a weight and smoke report when the time comes. :)

looking good man whens the next grow starting and happy harvest:)

Well I will be purchasing some new beans fairly soon, so I will start right back up when those arrive. Prolly after Thanksgiving sometime. I think I will be getting Auto Blueberry Kush and RRF (thanks to HL's advice).

Good luck on the rest of your grow, it is looking GREAT!

Well, I could not wait haha. I figured, a few hours earlier couldn't hurt! :) So, I chopped her. Glad I got my first grow and harvest under my belt! It feels good, now I can't wait to smoke it! Anyways. Thanks to all that followed along and gave advice. I really appreciate it! It won't be long til I begin a new GJ with the strains mentioned above. Can't wait! Hope yall enjoy the :watchplant:

100_0730.jpg

100_0732.jpg

100_0733.jpg

100_0734.jpg

Nice looking harvest smokestack...try to let them hang in a closet for as long as you can...I know you are going on vacay soon but gve them as long as you can...quick dried smoke is ok but you will be a lot happier with it if you let it dry on it's own...congrats...

OldHippieChick said:
Congrats - lovely.
Sad news here - I killed my 10 autos in germination. A humbling experience. I'm trying again with some freebee short stuff autos (the ones Hamster said weren't worth the bother) and some white widows. Not giving up.
Please give a weight and smoke report and have a safe trip.

Oh no OHC....what happened?

Yea. I am leaving next Tuesday, so it will be right at a week hanging in there to dry. I assume most if not all the buds will be close to completely dry.

225smokestack and Hamster....

Well obviously I somehow wrapped my brain around some really wrong ideas. I did the paper towel and was soooooo excited the following AM when I saw some definate tap root action. But I had it in my head to expect a 1/2" tap root and so I pull out the old tape measure and my lil bundles of joy were more like 1/16th of an inch long..... so I wrapped them back up expecting in time they would grow.... I even read more than once this germination process could take up to 4-5 days. So day after day after day (is that 4-5 yet?) I waited and nada. On the 5th day the mini taps were yellowing and I freaked and stuck them in jiffy pucks and waited..... waited ...... waited..... frantically sending out messages and reading all around the net and other GJs here.

Eventually I decided I shoulda just followed my gut instinct instead of others experiences or posts.... I also found a page of germination instructions that said 1/16" of an inch.... and a GJ here that said she planted at 1/2cm. (thats 1/10") and I got some feedback that suggested maybe my jiffy pucks had a bad moisture to oxygen ratio and I should try the rapid rooter plugs.

To test my new old theory I dropped 11 crap 3 y o bag seeds in water and within 24 hrs I had two tiny taps - same exact size as the autos I'd just burried. I once again used the jiffy pucks cause that's what I had and exactly 48 hrs later both crap seeds had sprouted....

So here I sit right at 24 hrs in the paper towels with 5 of those short stuff freebees and 5 more white widows. TBH I know one of the free is to young - it was tiny and blond. I see some action but not quite what I need so crossing fingers that this time tomorrow AM I'll have a respectable 1/16 - 1/10" tap root. Rapid rooter plugs are ready and dome is at a proper temp.... I feel like such a drama queen cause I took it hard.... but what's an ol hippie to do cept dust off and keep going. It's not like I'm ever gona quit. :rolleyes:

OldHippieChick said:
225smokestack and Hamster....

Well obviously I somehow wrapped my brain around some really wrong ideas. I did the paper towel and was soooooo excited the following AM when I saw some definate tap root action. But I had it in my head to expect a 1/2" tap root and so I pull out the old tape measure and my lil bundles of joy were more like 1/16th of an inch long..... so I wrapped them back up expecting in time they would grow.... I even read more than once this germination process could take up to 4-5 days. So day after day after day (is that 4-5 yet?) I waited and nada. On the 5th day the mini taps were yellowing and I freaked and stuck them in jiffy pucks and waited..... waited ...... waited..... frantically sending out messages and reading all around the net and other GJs here.

Eventually I decided I shoulda just followed my gut instinct instead of others experiences or posts.... I also found a page of germination instructions that said 1/16" of an inch.... and a GJ here that said she planted at 1/2cm. (thats 1/10") and I got some feedback that suggested maybe my jiffy pucks had a bad moisture to oxygen ratio and I should try the rapid rooter plugs.

To test my new old theory I dropped 11 crap 3 y o bag seeds in water and within 24 hrs I had two tiny taps - same exact size as the autos I'd just burried. I once again used the jiffy pucks cause that's what I had and exactly 48 hrs later both crap seeds had sprouted....

So here I sit right at 24 hrs in the paper towels with 5 of those short stuff freebees and 5 more white widows. TBH I know one of the free is to young - it was tiny and blond. I see some action but not quite what I need so crossing fingers that this time tomorrow AM I'll have a respectable 1/16 - 1/10" tap root. Rapid rooter plugs are ready and dome is at a proper temp.... I feel like such a drama queen cause I took it hard.... but what's an ol hippie to do cept dust off and keep going. It's not like I'm ever gona quit. :rolleyes:
OHC I am so sorry....I know how bad that must hve sucked.Yeah once I see a sign of a taproot I put them in the growing medium right away...but I love the fact that you went back and tried again with bag seed just to see if your gut was right...:) very cool...I wld hve done the same thing. At least now you know the proper way to germ seeds...as for those Short Stuff they are not all that bad... I am just spoiled...:rolleyes: I hve gotten used to the to the more potent autos and kinda gve SS a bum rap. They grow pretty well they just don't pack on 2 ounces a plant and the high is good but not 1 or 2 hits and you can't remember why you are in the bathroom even though your bladder is full...:) They are actually a very good strain for someone just getting their feet wet...GREEN MOJO for your beans...

Latest posts

Back