• If you cannot log in please check out this thread After Upgrade Notes. or use the Contact Us at the bottom right corner of the main forum page.
Advertise On Marijuana Passion

Autoflower questions 1st timer

BamBam15

Reaction score
Can I use autoflowers in an outside planter? I'm in coastal Georgia so it doesn't get below freezing very often.

Keef

Reaction score
Hey BamBam -- Welcome to MP !-- I don't grow autos but I'm sure someone will be around to put U on the straight and narrow -- Seems like many do grow them outside in a container - I'm not on the Redneck Riviera but I'm on the gulf coast -- Over in East Texas -- I grow inside -mostly Indica-- I'm a cloner so autos won't work for me ! -
Again Welcome to MP !

Aksarben

Reaction score
Yes, you can grow Autoflower in a container outside. I started mine indoors in early spring and move them all outdoors and continued that pattern this last spring/summer. I use a 2 gal cloth bag made for container growing. I have even seen Autoflower strains grown in something so small as a Dixie cup, but the yield is rather small. Autoflower will sprout, grow and be ready for harvest (from germination) in about 8 to 12 weeks depending on the strain and genetics. They have improved the Autoflower strains genetics and some have some pretty decent amount of THC, and some have equal 1:1 ratio of CBD to THC and some even have high percentages of CBD (per their description).

I've kept my growing simple. Miracle Gro for the potting soil, 2 gal bags and use Foliage-Pro fertilizer 9-3-6 (1 tsp /gal water) for initial watering and then check the moisture in the pot DAILY when they are in their flower stage, about 4 weeks in, and use regular water toward the finishing. Autoflower seem to be mature when you have a lot of yellowing leaves, so don't go hog wild with the nutrients or else you'll not get the maturing yellow leaves at t he end.

20190616_172732 (Large).jpg

Purple Kush_CBD_1to1.jpg

This is Purple Kush CBD 1:1 close to harvest. It's actually hanging now.,,, was picked a while back

DSC_0780.JPG

Latest posts