Automatic watering system

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gkap

Reaction score
Happy Thanksgiving
I am looking to start a few auto flower Roc Bud seeds and once they are established plants be able to go away and have them get watered automatically or have my wife watch them but still have an auto water so it’s easy for her to maybe fill a tank of water with some nutrients. Has anyone set up this kinda system? In search of the best system . Thanks

Check Youtube for homemade self watering system for cannabis or plants

I use a submersible pump on a timer in a 50 gal reservoir
It pumps to a manifold where it splits off to each plant.
I use a piece of tubing formed into a ring with holes drilled in it at each plant.

The plants sit on racks that have a large drip pan under them
The pan has a float switch and small pump to pump it away when it fills.

I use a coco mix and it works great for a drain to waste system

Basically a flood and drain system. As long as nothing goes wrong you don't have to worry about watering.

Or spend the bucks and buy ya` a Blumat set up .
peace
Any pointers on setting up a Blumat system? How to place them on a grown bag ? How many for a 15gal ?

Any pointers on setting up a Blumat system? How to place them on a grown bag ? How many for a 15gal ?
I use 3 carrots in my 7g pots so I’d think 5-6 carrots should do well in a 15g. I place mine in a triangle pattern to try to get the water to spread evenly. Trial and error is what it takes to dial these in so don’t just set it up and leave thinking it’ll be ok. I do use the Blumat Trompf so it has the drip line that has to be adjusted to what you need. I think the regular Blumat with just the carrot is a bit easier to set up but you need more carrots. Make sure you don’t let the reservoir run dry. Purging the air out of the line is a pain in the ass. They also make an extra long carrot for deeper pots so you might need one or two of those for a 15g. I use fabric pots and they’ll leak like crazy if you place the carrot too close the edge of the pot.

Also, some stains don’t take well to having the soil moist at all times, especially durning flower. Ive had plants show signs of overwatering and then plants overall health starts to decline fast. But I’ve also had plants that didn’t mind and grew really well with the constant wet soil.

Latest posts

Back