Autos as strong as indicas?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had mistakenly ordered auto seeds once. I can’t complain about the yield but I agree the potency isn’t there

I have to agree and disagree both... Gen 1 of the autos was pretty weak, made to be balcony weed in places with weird light cycles and wasn't really worked beyond that... In the 2nd Gen they added Santa Maria to the main auto and made a big big diff in both potency and especially yield.. then many used AK47 at this point to get their potency increased and walla... game was on. before long the big seed companies got into the demand and the auto's just got better and better.. here are my 2 autos I created a few years back being grown outdoors legally in Mass by a friend..
The tall one, Miss Piggy gets huge and I mean huge outdoors.. in Humboldt she got to almost 14ft.. the other one, Gabagoo is purple and sticky.... Autos rock and really debating trading for some seeds... hehe
20200817_220037.jpg

If any of you are curious about some autos. There's some breeders out there that have auto bud that is on par or higher than a lot of photoperiod plants. Ive seen Mephisto smoke cause people to completely whiteout and theres several others who breed potent stuff. I am on an auto kick, as I said earlier. But i love photos too. One reason is price points. You can buy an auto for a bit cheaper than a premium photoperiod plant and still get well over 20% and they're ready a lot sooner

I like growing weed. I don't care if its Auto or not.
Ive grown both. Never had an Auto as good as a Photo but just haven't gotten ahold of the right Autos yet.

Last edited:
My only problem with autos is you can't clone them, or at least I haven't found out how. Every time I try to clone them I just end up with a little bud

They can be cloned but thats all your going to get is a small plant with real small buds.

My buddy loves to grow Autoflowers but only from a select few breeders, otherwise he says it’s a waste of time. Fastbuds, Mephisto and Dinafem are what he uses. I’ve smoked his stuff and it definitely packs a punch.

I just purchased my first packs of autflowers. Went with Mephisto/Night Owl as I’ve heard many great things about his strains. Will be nice to have a little side project to play with while the photoperiod plants do their thing.

At the end of the day no. But ive seen 29.7% tested before on autos. Canaboids are also a lot more complex than just thc. Ive seen 15-19% tested plants floor seasoned smokers as well. Im a huge fan of autos and genetics is key when buying them

I have to agree and disagree both... Gen 1 of the autos was pretty weak, made to be balcony weed in places with weird light cycles and wasn't really worked beyond that... In the 2nd Gen they added Santa Maria to the main auto and made a big big diff in both potency and especially yield.. then many used AK47 at this point to get their potency increased and walla... game was on. before long the big seed companies got into the demand and the auto's just got better and better.. here are my 2 autos I created a few years back being grown outdoors legally in Mass by a friend..
The tall one, Miss Piggy gets huge and I mean huge outdoors.. in Humboldt she got to almost 14ft.. the other one, Gabagoo is purple and sticky.... Autos rock and really debating trading for some seeds... heheView attachment 264653
I have grown a few autos but they never produced much weed compared to what I can do with a photo/plant.
I have had 4 -5 ft autos before but all Christmas trees and not much big buds.

Stinkyattic, place of desperation???? that made me laugh thank you,
Hello Rosebud Is there still a ladyies growing group here? As for autos.....tried one......only good thing was top bud so large that the hemp seeds didn.t make it all the way into the bud. It was a green crack cross

Rosebud doesn't post here anymore. She went to a Private site.
Sorry

photo/plant.
I have had 4 -5 ft autos before but all Christmas trees and not much big buds.

I've only grown 2 autos, I think. One produced a whopping 18 grams of the best blueberry smoke I've ever had (which isn't all the mush really, lol) and the other was a huge monstrosity that fell over in my 5 gallon pot, lol. It was carmelicious or something like that. It was good smoke too from what I remember. CRS is setting in big time lately. I should find a picture of my 2 autos, they were definitely different.

Last edited:
Hello Rosebud Is there still a ladyies growing group here? As for autos.....tried one......only good thing was top bud so large that the hemp seeds didn.t make it all the way into the bud. It was a green crack cross

Rosebud doesn't post here anymore

But I'm here and I'll grow with ya! And I'm nicer, lol

But I'm here and I'll grow with ya! And I'm nicer, lol
I love having grow buddies. I finally learned how to stop or slow gaps in my bud structure too. Woo hoo!!! I think the term is airy? I learned that by making your plant grow nodes closer together means tighter buds. To get nodes closer blast your plant with a good silicate supplement every watering

Sorry i guess i told you something you already knew since you are on that private site where Rose is. I got you mixed up with someone else.
My bad
Hope you hang out with us more.👍

I'm fairly patient but sometimes I think about trying autos. But I'd need advice on exactly which strains to go after, I need potency for pain and sleep.
I know this thread is an older post, but I was wondering what you grow for pain? I live with chronic pain and the only thing legal where I live is low THC which makes no sense at all for myself.

I know this thread is an older post, but I was wondering what you grow for pain? I live with chronic pain and the only thing legal where I live is low THC which makes no sense at all for myself.
Can you find a good indica with high CBD and some THC? Do you abide by what's legal, if not I've got some suggestions.

Latest posts

Back