Auto's Done Carty's Way

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does it count if your dog removed damn near all the leaves?😡

Yes and No.. haha. Leaf stripping eh? My Toy Rat Terrier Mongo will do same thing. Loves leaf, and tokes at bed.
we'll get settled into bed, he sits between us and leans backwards towards Ladybug looking up at her awaiting his hits for sleep.. 3 hits blown into his face, he licks it up.. lies down goes to bed.. if you don't give him hits, he'll start licking your mouth telling you, yo.. break it out. ask him, you want bong hits Mongo, he starts wagging and pawing at the sky on his back... spoiled right?

I bet the plant would recover... and sometimes you just give it to the dog... here. lol.

Well peeps, after removing some leaf material, cleaning up the bottoms, these ladies are beginning to put their height on now.. after cutting on them, I prefer leaf tucking at this point to keep on their stress limited to that day.

So, here you see them a few days after the trimming, removing of upper fan leaf material and the growing shoots beginning to form a nice canopy except on the runt playing catch up. btw, it stinks the most.. lol
before lst step 2.jpg

1st plant to have upper set of large fan leaf's removed, few days later you can hardly tell.. so now you leaf tuck
the 2nd set of larger fan leaf blocking things..
Berserk auto.jpg

after some tucking
leaf tucking.jpg

final goal.. 8 growing shoots & main cola.. clean up bottoms so all plants energies are concentrated on the upper 3/4 of each branch where light is guaranteed to penetrate to..
canopy (2).jpg

Hey Mac...
Please... share with the auto thread here just how you do your LST, if you don't mind. Do you tie them over or remove leaf for line of sight.. ??
Love to hear it.. thanks
Hey Mac...
Please... share with the auto thread here just how you do your LST, if you don't mind. Do you tie them over or remove leaf for line of sight.. ??
Love to hear it.. thanks

Hello sorry for late reply Carty. I have a few different ways as depends what size it is at the time of training some autos are just smaller so I let those ones grow ether straight up or like you said below remove the leafs and then the side branch's will grow to match the main top. But my method is to super crop mid to end of week 2 and then tie top branch branchs down and tuck leaves is preferred over removing as less stress. I tuck every day rather than cut. Depends what kind of bud I want and what strain. I have done nearly all the autos on the site I use so if I want hash or bud or what shape size of buds from that plant I will use different methods. After I super crop I twist the plant so all leaves are at the side and bend the branchs over the top of the large fans and tie so they hold out the back of pot under main top bud then make side branchs grow from the main side branches by twisting the branches so all leaves line up.down the branches so light can get to 99% of all buds and tuck branch leaves behind main fans so all tucked together then I let them grow a day or two then move ties to edge of pot on branches. And let grow up from there. Then once in bud I tie the branches up so the plant things it stronger and can put more weight on. I hope that helps if want know anythin else give me a shout buddy

Attachments

• 20220512_181510.jpg
    20220512_181510.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 5
Oh and I pinch the branchs so they fatten up and the main stock say I want to start new branchs I will nip just above them so plant growth there slows for the day n branch below grows more then branch thickens as it now is bigger an top then gets hormones as its higher again and has recovered and stretchs again im now at point where will let grow upwards now lol

yo Dude... we do many things very similar ways and shared techniques for sure. What do you call Supercropping.. because I learned it from Soma who described it as the pinching and sometimes after pinching, redirecting of shoots by bending them slightly too.. Some believe in just pinching the main stem once early in veg, like week 2.

I prefer to wait until I see the preflower yellowing tops, then I pinch just below the point where I've removed, stripped all growth.. making above it go nutso.

If I want a plant to bush out a wee more, I'll FIM cut her top.. FIM stands for Fudge I misses.. lol. learned by accident using long scissors and accidentally nipping the top of the following branch, and thought he'd hurt her.. the results amazed him and thus FIM cutting. some call this supercropping. I think it's become muddied over the years in confusion.. even when you research it, people have it wrong from the grow books back in the 70's.

Funny you say daily.. because training a new leaf takes just that. you tuck it one day and it reaches for the light doing it's job and you may have to retuck. I use either cookng twine or old bread ties cut down to tie branches together at the base to control direction..

Been training these for just over a week now..
Training done.jpg

8 shoots plus main cola.jpg

#2.. and, when you have the plants out, ya gotta have security going strong... bottom right keeping watch Mongo
#2.jpg

#3. Of the 3 plants, this runt pheno slowly coming around, STINKS to high heaven already.. nice
#3 the stinky runt.jpg

not much going down the babies to do much but water.. please tune in to my other threads for updates..

Hey Carty,

If you just cut the cotys off, will the results be less?

I cut them instead of peeling like you said to do. I'm at two weeks today. I also cut the single fingers today.

Hey Carty,

If you just cut the cotys off, will the results be less?

I cut them instead of peeling like you said to do. I'm at two weeks today. I also cut the single fingers today.

Oh for sure.. I just do it my way because once you peel them downward and remove the skin that comes with them it forces the stem to build a protective layer sooner of bark protection.. and no, that's not K9 Security either.. hahaha.

Your fine bro.. luck

Carty I popped one of your Blue Vangoos and another Gabagoo and I'm waiting to see how Mr Magoo turns out.
This time I'm putting a cage around them to keep the fking dog from chewing my seedlings up.🤨

Carty I popped one of your Blue Vangoos and another Gabagoo and I'm waiting to see how Mr Magoo turns out.
This time I'm putting a cage around them to keep the fking dog from chewing my seedlings up.🤨

Nice... nobody has grown the Blue Vangoo in a bit.. I just put down 4 Gabagoo into water tonight myself.. the Gambian are just over 2wks old, maybe if I can get a male of this Gabagoo going fast I can hit one of the Gambian with it.. these are my last 4 seeds of Gabagoo #2, so I sure hope Argo makes the seeds he was gonna..

Well people, I cannot stress enough how important it is to use good soil, and, when you do find something that meets all your needs, do not stray.. I'd been having issues getting the soils I love due to stock issues and truck drivers.. grrrr
Roots Organics or Strawberry Fields.. either or I love both. Seems like if I stray I really pay for it and have tonight..

For some reason the Happy Frog soil just did not agree with container growing at all.. in 2wks my plants are usually over twice this size and more then ready to up pot. At over 2wks old these should be ready, so I wanted to up pot 2 of my feminized seeds from Berzerker Autos.. Got the 1st one done no problems, the next 2 the soil ball just fell apart in my hands and could hear the roots getting ripped apart as it separated.. that much stress this early on I walk away from them.. so the 2 got culled, the 3 is not in a 2gal pot and I started 4 of my very own Gabagoo #2 seeds..

stay tuned

Update. Your Gabagoo and Blue Vangoo is in the ground. I will keep you updated.
I thought is was a Mr Magoo but is was a Miss piggy that didnt germinate well. Not sure where i got the name Mr Magoo from. I must be getting old. 😁
But the others were easy to germinate.

Right on bro... funny you say Mr Magoo.. if I ever mix Gabagoo with something special, was a name I liked.. so now I HAVE to do it.. hehe.
Guess what I just put down, 4 of my Gabagoo 2. when I made the others one plant wound up making less then 10 seeds. I kept 4 of them and the others never surfaced whoever I gave the few too.. so these 4 are it.. same genetics just a diff pheno mom is all.. should still be Gabagoo..

I've also run across almost 1000 Northern Lightryder in this box of genetics from GT.. and my 1st priority is to send a nice amount to friends already running autos, like you... interested?

::::::: Warning ::::: I just had the worst experience with a soil I've never tried before..

Prices are soaring on soils as anyone buying regularly knows. We now buy in bulk and in 2wks it shot up $5 a bag to us and way more to the average Joe at $28bag. $20 is tolerable at least. however, they were out and I needed soil.
so, I bought some Happy Frog for the first time.

Drawbacks I experienced...
1. Stinks like ****.. and even though you know it's a manure based it smells like human **** at times, awful.
2. Dries out overnight in felt pots.. running it in 2gal felt pots and have to water daily.. somedays twice and I run
the same temps as before..
3. Very poor growth, isn't that enough.. at 21 days old they look 10 days old in growth...

Even worse, I finally got my FF Strawberry Fields soil and went to up pot. As I removed the plant from it's 1gal pot, it fell apart before I could transfer it. no roots to hold it all together. 3 of 4 plants did this. got lucky and saved 1.
so pissed off.. but, more I thought about it, the more I realized the growth was so poor better to cut my losses now.

I have 3 flowering plants struggling in this Happy Frog and have a month to go yet... slow budding for sure.

Right on bro... funny you say Mr Magoo.. if I ever mix Gabagoo with something special, was a name I liked.. so now I HAVE to do it.. hehe.
Guess what I just put down, 4 of my Gabagoo 2. when I made the others one plant wound up making less then 10 seeds. I kept 4 of them and the others never surfaced whoever I gave the few too.. so these 4 are it.. same genetics just a diff pheno mom is all.. should still be Gabagoo..

I've also run across almost 1000 Northern Lightryder in this box of genetics from GT.. and my 1st priority is to send a nice amount to friends already running autos, like you... interested?
I would love to run some of those Northern Light Ryder's. I'm guessing that's a cross of NL and Lowryder? Either way I would love to see how they grow outside with your other Autos.
Remember the Gabagoo that my dog pulled out of the ground. Well the mother fker is still alive and growing. It stunted but I can see buds already and the Zkittles Auto of GMOs he chewed up actually is doing pretty good . I'll update my Journal later.
And thanks brother for the Autos. I'm having a blast with them.

As for soil I went back to my MG. I'm using the Twice As Big mixed with about 30% Perlite and I use EM-1 and CalMag once a week and my veggies love it. My Weed is actually put directly in the ground mixed with the MG. I know my tomatoes love it being in the ground with that mix and your Gabagoo that the dog pulled out of the pot is now in the ground with the Zkittles.
The Zkittles is loving good ole mother earth. Im hoping the Gabagoo and Blue Vangoo that I transplanted from seedling into the ground loves it too. Another words I'm growing directly in good ole mother earth with a MG mix instead of felt pots.
I still have a lot of veggies in Felt Pots with MG and they are doing awesome but the plants in the ground seem to grow even faster.
Bet the Northern Light Ryder's would love this soil I have around my house too.😁

Carty I can't remember if you or Yooper sent me these. Both of you sent me some Gabagoos.

Yes and No.. haha. Leaf stripping eh? My Toy Rat Terrier Mongo will do same thing. Loves leaf, and tokes at bed.
we'll get settled into bed, he sits between us and leans backwards towards Ladybug looking up at her awaiting his hits for sleep.. 3 hits blown into his face, he licks it up.. lies down goes to bed.. if you don't give him hits, he'll start licking your mouth telling you, yo.. break it out. ask him, you want bong hits Mongo, he starts wagging and pawing at the sky on his back... spoiled right?

I bet the plant would recover... and sometimes you just give it to the dog... here. lol.

Well peeps, after removing some leaf material, cleaning up the bottoms, these ladies are beginning to put their height on now.. after cutting on them, I prefer leaf tucking at this point to keep on their stress limited to that day.

So, here you see them a few days after the trimming, removing of upper fan leaf material and the growing shoots beginning to form a nice canopy except on the runt playing catch up. btw, it stinks the most.. lol
View attachment 296520

1st plant to have upper set of large fan leaf's removed, few days later you can hardly tell.. so now you leaf tuck
the 2nd set of larger fan leaf blocking things..
View attachment 296521

after some tucking
View attachment 296523

final goal.. 8 growing shoots & main cola.. clean up bottoms so all plants energies are concentrated on the upper 3/4 of each branch where light is guaranteed to penetrate to..
View attachment 296522
Were these topped at all?

Mr Magoo omg... and you have the Orginal Miss Piggy I believe before it got messed up when a friend breed her to an Auto Affie that turned out not to be an auto, but a nickname for a fast finishing Affie strain he had.. was so bummed out.. then I sent 300 seeds of it and Gabagoo each.. the deal was, free seeds if they returned to me 1000 of each.
they got busted when she shot him one night in a drunken argument and the cops came, chopped down an acre of weed and all my seeds were gone as was her husband.. dang..

So sir, you have the only Miss Piggy and for sure the only Mr Magoo. All 3 of those are in my hand writing, the G is done like that by me. plus I used those bags back then.. let me do some research see if I can come up with it's genetic make up. Pretty sure the Dad was my Sour60 x Blue Streak F3

Today a few plants showed sex, finally..

4 - Gamhazn F3 seeds by me of recent grow of F2. 1 male culled, 3 females, 1 up potted.

4 - Gabagoo 2, 1 died, 3 are doing good, 1 is up the other 2 are knuckling.

4 - Dark Jedi x Grape Dosi Breath... 3 died at transplant when crappy soil crumbled, 1 up potted feminized

2 - Forgotten Cookies x Grape Dosi Breath. 2 up and running feminized.. both in 1 pot, 2 gal felt.
2 - Blue Vangoo just put down to replace the males..

having fun yet..

veg tent.jpg

Gamhazn F3
Gamhazn F3 x 4 reg seeds.jpg

Dark Jedi x Grape Dosi Breath fem just up potted few days ago
After up potting Dark Jedi.jpg

Forgotten Cookies x Grape Dosi Breath
Berserker Autos FC x GDB.jpg

Latest posts

Back