Auto's Done Carty's Way

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay... back to doing things my way..

I've never tried this before... SOG.. Sea of Green.

Instead of dropping just 4 or 5, up potting at approx day 30. These will be staying in the 1gal pots they are in. so today was trimming day and I removed lower growth.. 2 of them I really did the lollipop thing to them by removing all lower growth below the top set of leafs in hopes of forming a single cola plant..

The other 5 the lower growth removed except 2 growing shoots along with main cola.. want to do a little
comparison on this experiment see if one does better then the other.

Fed them all and topped off the soil too... from this point on it's just feed on Monday, water thru the week.

Trizzler day #12.jpg

Lollipopped fully
Trizzler lollipop day.jpg
Trizzler sex day.jpg
Trizzler, 3 left with extra shoots.jpg
T2 trimmed up and ready.jpg

go Cartman go

you are one busy ganja farmer!
ha ha ha.. I just make it look that way. 11 plants isn't that many is it... hehe. but, I do put a lot of time into these girls. Wife says it's gotta be the love I give them.

Okay.. remember 2 days ago I started the training by removing lower leaf, shoots with some getting more removed then others.

Why am I posting again so soon... because I want you to see what happens when you trim these autos like I do early on.. even if not lollipopping them I remove the cotyledon leaf's and the single blades.. what this does is it promotes upward growth by allowing the plant to concentrate it's energies someplace else..

2 days later.jpg
1 may get up potted.jpg

They are 2wks old today, all have sexed and are feminized ladies.. most are very similar except one little runt and one big lady... see ya in a week ok..

Thanks so much Ness.... What a big difference in soils... when I up potted the ones last grow grown in the Happy Frog, almost no roots built up after 2wks, soil wouldn't even hold together meaning hardly any root ball developed as of yet.
I up potted 2 of the Trizzler f2 plants and the roots were excellent and ready for up potting... just may do 1 more..

Tent is changing (2).jpg
Twizzler 6 up potted (2).jpg
Twizzler up potted today (2).jpg

This one I did some simple leaf tucking on after removing the 2nd set from the top that was blocking all the lower budsites.. then by tucking the other leafs your not stressing the plant and your keeping photosynthesis rocking hard... already she is booming, wait till a week...

Carty you like the Organic soil. What is the full name of the soil you use? I'm trying the Mircle Grow this time around. Was using Fox Farm before that.

Have a great day:)
Hey Ness.... I used to grow in 100% Coco or Coir.. It was a challenge and will teach ya all about Calmag.. but can be a headache to keep dialed in. After a 4yr break I bought a complete kit for growing that just happened to include Roots Organics foods and soil.. I fell in love, found out just how well it worked when it ran out and had to use something else. BIG MISTAKE.

Ness... MG soils are mostly made for outdoor use and have more foods then most, so feeding on top of it can be quite challenging. question you have to ask yourself is : Is it worth $20 a grow to have great soil, yes it is.. HTG Supply has Roots Organics in green bag for $20 for 1.5cu ft. the only other soil I will run is Foxfarm's Strawberry Fields, based on a mushroom compost and coir.. If I had to, 3.8cu ft bale of Promix HP bx..

holy moly , did you spill some powdered sugar on that girl or what!?

View attachment 303159
hahaha... funny part is. You had a lot to do with her being so frosty. Can you say Sour60 bro..

Yup, that's my Gabagoo dude.. your Sour60 from years and years ago is in her.. my buddy Argo is getting ready to do a preservation run on her. After this grow I realized my forgotten gem of a creation named by Ladybug..
Gabagoo 2 day 55a.jpg

Hey Ness.... I used to grow in 100% Coco or Coir.. It was a challenge and will teach ya all about Calmag.. but can be a headache to keep dialed in. After a 4yr break I bought a complete kit for growing that just happened to include Roots Organics foods and soil.. I fell in love, found out just how well it worked when it ran out and had to use something else. BIG MISTAKE.

Ness... MG soils are mostly made for outdoor use and have more foods then most, so feeding on top of it can be quite challenging. question you have to ask yourself is : Is it worth $20 a grow to have great soil, yes it is.. HTG Supply has Roots Organics in green bag for $20 for 1.5cu ft. the only other soil I will run is Foxfarm's Strawberry Fields, based on a mushroom compost and coir.. If I had to, 3.8cu ft bale of Promix HP bx..

hahaha... funny part is. You had a lot to do with her being so frosty. Can you say Sour60 bro..

Yup, that's my Gabagoo dude.. your Sour60 from years and years ago is in her.. my buddy Argo is getting ready to do a preservation run on her. After this grow I realized my forgotten gem of a creation named by Ladybug..
View attachment 303450
My first 8 years or so growing, I used Roots Organics Green Lite. The owner of my local HTG recommended it. I like it so much, I told my brother to use it as he learns to grow. I am using some junk I got at my local hardware store now because I didn’t feel like driving 10 miles round trip to get some good soil. When I do my final up-pot on my Freak Show plants, I will probably go with Green Lite.

I reckon mine is a 90 day strain. I'm going on 12 weeks this Tuesday, and I'm still mostly cloudy/alot of clear with very few amber.. I've been feeding AN 3 part since I asked folks what was wrong with my plant (thank you to y'all wonderful folks who helped me). I started getting foxtails last week or so. I do not believe it is light stress since it isn't isolated to only the highest buds?.. possibly genetics? Excessive N this late in flower? I cut the grow out and have been feeding 8ml micro and bloom every 2/3 days with 6ml calmag every 4th week with tap water (ppm 120). The side shoots are starting to "spread out" from the main mast. I reckon because they getting heavy lol. Still got maybe 2-3 weeks?

20220722_201346.jpg
20220722_201356.jpg
20220722_201351.jpg

Don't mind the camouflage.. It was a lack of nutrients once the water roots started drinking too fast for the soil to keep it's moisture up. I believe I should have covered the planter from the get go (or possibly need another wick), but (as my history shows) I was afraid of another fungus gnat infestation lol.

Okay... lets keep the lessons going.

Up Potting vs not.

Again, my method is to either start feminized seeds in 2gal felt pots, or if I'm starting a bunch, 9, I then use 1gal pots to start them in. Usually this is done when growing non feminized autos as they have to be sexed.
It's right after they show sex I up pot, usually around 3wks.

I up potted 1, few days later another.. week later 2 more. I was going to do a SOG but after seeing the explosive growth of the 1st one up potted, I had to do others..

Left side in 1gal pot, right side was 1st one up potted...
Big difference when up potted huh Ness (2).jpg

6 plants.. 4 in 2gal felt pots, 2 in 1gal plastic pots... (4 is perfect for my test)
6 plants (2).jpg
up potting is important (2).jpg

Good morning Carty. I just re-read your instructions on growing autos. I’ve decided to use autos in my seed to harvest test on the spider farmer light I’m gonna test out I’ve created a thread about it. Expecting the light soon but have to wait for flower tent harvest (maybe two weeks 😂) so I have a clean tent for the test. I’ve never grown autos but always were interested in them. When I was researching what seeds to grow first, I decided against them because of some negative feedback but since seeing your awesome grows have changed my mind about them and would like to give them a try. I’ll be chiming in and lurking around on your posts for all the info that may be helpful. Thanks so much for posting this as it gives me a good start for success. 😊
I have 7 auto seeds 5 of them are marked feminized so that’s good. I’m gonna treat the other two like they are also feminized and hopes that the are when I drop the seeds into their final pot right off the bat. Thanks again for posting this information 😎

I love growing Autos. Always have but Carty is the pro when it comes to Autos.
I start out my lighting if inside with 24/0. After they show sex I switch to 20/4. A couple weeks before I think they should be ready I switch to 12/12.
For some reason they seem to swell more at with a few weeks of 12/12.

I love growing Autos. Always have but Carty is the pro when it comes to Autos.
I start out my lighting if inside with 24/0. After they show sex I switch to 20/4. A couple weeks before I think they should be ready I switch to 12/12.
For some reason they seem to swell more at with a few weeks of 12/12.
Ok I made a note of that. Please chime in if you see me screwing up 😊

Submarine Girl I'd be honored to help you achieve a good, no, great grow... post here whenever you want ok, this is a shared learning thread and I want people to feel free to share, especially those learning..

Controlling moisture when starting seedlings in larger pots is not easy.. and don't make the mistake of constantly watering to close to the plant, I do once when I water it in the 1st time after born... after that I never water within a few inches, maybe 2-3 of the stem. Why u ask?

You want your roots to search water out, to reach for it.. and don't try to make the 2gal pot soaking wet when you water.. water with a light hand and more often, once in a while add a little extra...

If your gonna feed early... very light, 1/4 strength at end of week 1.. and, this really depends on what substrate your using.. pure coir is very different, my soil is a coir mix.. Roots Organics..

Babies, Born Aug 1st, talk about easy to remember..

Started popping up July 31st, 1 had a problem shucking the shell but all were up and going Aug

Cheese Off begins.jpg

The 2 Mephisto Girls
C 1.jpg

C 1c.jpg

C 2.jpg

C 2c.jpg

The 2 Repins crosses
C 3.jpg

C 3c.jpg
C 4.jpg
C 4c.jpg

Always 1 has a hard time shucking it's own shell, but it finally did and look at them crinkly leafs.. I absolutely love to see this structure early on... well, here we are at 2 days old..

Latest posts

Back