Auto's Done Carty's Way

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking forward to seeing these babies grow. Currently growing a mephisto Sour Stomper, first attempt at auto and Currently moving back and forth between veg and flower room so it gets all the light it can. What kind of light cycles you use carty?

Babies, Born Aug 1st, talk about easy to remember..

Started popping up July 31st, 1 had a problem shucking the shell but all were up and going Aug

View attachment 304948
The 2 Mephisto Girls
View attachment 304949
View attachment 304950

View attachment 304951
View attachment 304952

The 2 Repins crosses
View attachment 304953
View attachment 304954View attachment 304955View attachment 304956

Always 1 has a hard time shucking it's own shell, but it finally did and look at them crinkly leafs.. I absolutely love to see this structure early on... well, here we are at 2 days old..

go Cartman go!

( it is like watching paint dry at this stage eh )

Thank you Big... your tips on Calmag have improved things drastically for me, apprec.

Looking forward to seeing these babies grow. Currently growing a mephisto Sour Stomper, first attempt at auto and Currently moving back and forth between veg and flower room so it gets all the light it can. What kind of light cycles you use carty?
I've grown their Grape Stomper, your in for a real treat.. I love Mephisto and everytime I grow it I think of my good friend "Burnie" (RIP), the guy who got me started with them by gifting me so many..
The Burnie Cut is being perfected atm over in Hawaii to be released soon in his honor..
My Helmet has always done a fine job
So the Ladies have told me
I hate to tell you this Rosterman, that was no lady.. some are very good at hiding that adams apple on ya... muwahahaha
The wee Ladies are Fun Fun Fun
Ya have to learn how to spin em
I've has something for shorties since high school and married the best of them all.. a country girl to.. sweet. 34yrs and still love her more then anything.. and yes, she loves me.. hahaha.
Carefull because Hippie like Midgets. 😁
Ladybug has 1 pet peeve... don't call short girls spinners... it's reverse cowgirl.. lol

Ok... time to learn from 1 of my last experiments before I begin serious rotations with very little changes..
I started this Trizzler out talking about doing a SOG.. couldn't do it. why?

I up potted 1 plant to see the difference and when it blew up I was like, yeah, let's do 4..
Here you'll see the 2 left in the 1gal pots like I was gonna do, and 4 in 2gal pots, felt...
up potted anywhere from a few days apart to almost 2wks, the runt.... which I leaf stripped few
weeks ago and it bounced back pretty good, but the one producing the best, I topped after
it was beginning to flower... to late really.. another I FIM cut... let's see the difference eh?

Here are the 2 left in 1gal pots... looks like less then a half oz each, why I up pot... autos you cannnot
control the veg cycle, a photo period I'd eventually be able to veg long enough to get size to it..
Trizzler A 1gal pot.jpg
Trizzler B 1gal pot (2).jpg

Let's begin with the last plant up potted and go up in size to the 1st one done right after it showed sex, like I usually do my up potting and believe me, this works like a charm, they go nuts.. at this time I will tell
you all my best hidden secret...

Put up potted plants on 12/12 for 2wks, then back to 18/6 or 20/4, never 24/0. Don't care what they
say, all MJ plants need a dark cycle to create oils n such..

Trizzler 3.jpg
Trizzler 3.jpg
T1b.jpg
T6 (2).jpg
T7bb.jpg

With Op next week are you shutting down grown for a while
Or just spinning it along? My buddy had to do a rehab place after his hip was done?

Looking top notch! Thanks for all the info, getting ready to repot my sour stomper soon. I will just throw it in my flower closet under 12/12 for 2 weeks she how she likes it :)

The Trizzler F2 strain smells like sweet fruit with #7 stinking to high heaven... she's a big one too..

The only disappointment from my perspective so far is the lack of sugar on the leaf material.. at day #40 or so they should be a lot frostier. but, this is why we grow, the big search right?

I've got big hopes for the Cheese off coming up.. I'll have the weekly update here this weekend.. they are growing great and the Mephisto #2 is the big girl so far...

thanks for all the kind words, I hope this thread helps a few find their way in the auto world.. it truly is the
best method of starting them in 1gal pots for 3wks..

1st up the 2 girls in the 1gal pots still
20220809_084338.jpg
20220809_084421.jpg
20220809_084441.jpg

20220809_084338.jpg
20220809_084421.jpg
20220809_084441.jpg
20220809_084252.jpg

Attachments

• 20220809_084421.jpg
    20220809_084421.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 0
  • 20220809_084950.jpg
    20220809_084950.jpg
    429.2 KB · Views: 0
  • 20220809_082119.jpg
    20220809_082119.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
  • 20220809_085052.jpg
    20220809_085052.jpg
    223.4 KB · Views: 0
  • 20220809_081508.jpg
    20220809_081508.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
  • 20220809_084211.jpg
    20220809_084211.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
Looking great brother Carty.👍
Our baby Zkittles Magoo is looking good so far.😁

Hey Carty, I was reading your journal and was wondering if I should plant my feminized autos in 2 gallon pots which I planned to do until I read on where you said that you even like to up pot them if they are feminized sometimes now. I had not planned on the 1 gallon pot but to start them right in the 2 gallon and finish them up in there. I got the felt pots tthat ar 10” high like you suggested. I found the FF strawberry soil but not your organic stuff and I’m a bit afraid of the organic stuff right now after two of my tents suffered from thrips after using organic batshit soil so I will omit that this time. Your plants always look so nice. I am looking forward to growing some autos cartys way. Well as much as I can anyway. 😊

Hey Carty, I was reading your journal and was wondering if I should plant my feminized autos in 2 gallon pots which I planned to do until I read on where you said that you even like to up pot them if they are feminized sometimes now. I had not planned on the 1 gallon pot but to start them right in the 2 gallon and finish them up in there. I got the felt pots tthat ar 10” high like you suggested. I found the FF strawberry soil but not your organic stuff and I’m a bit afraid of the organic stuff right now after two of my tents suffered from thrips after using organic batshit soil so I will omit that this time. Your plants always look so nice. I am looking forward to growing some autos cartys way. Well as much as I can anyway. 😊
I know you didn't ask me, but I asked the same question. If you have fem seeds, it is ok to start in the 2 gallon.

I know you didn't ask me, but I asked the same question. If you have fem seeds, it is ok to start in the 2 gallon.
I started reading Cartys post I read it from the beginning where he said if he had feminized seeds he started them in a two gallon pots. Felt pots 10” tall. He only started in a 1 gallon pot if he had to sex them as to not waste a bunch of soil. Later in the post maybe months later I’m not sure, I think he found that they did better with a transplant from the one gallon pots even if they were feminized. I was just wondering if he thought it would be worth it to start with the 1 gallon pots then up pot even tho I have feminized seeds. If you haven’t read his post, grab a drink and a couple doobies and plan on reading a while. there is a lot of good information there.

Latest posts

Back