Auto's Done Carty's Way

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will have to try Mephisto Genetics. They have some seeds on seedsman where you don't have to buy 10 seeds at a time.
I've never had a bad experience with their gear. 3 pks are perfect to see if you like a strain or not..

Check out Berserker Autos too.. he does some nice works and cost may be less, especially if you mention me.. tell him I sent you. The Marathon OG's I'm running atm are his..

If I was feeling a bit better or if you can wait a bit, I may be able to send you a few ok..

Time for a serious look at results from Super cropping, leaf stripping etc..

Super Cropped every growing shoot few weeks ago.. My buddy goes even more aggressive when it comes to squeezing his stems and bending every shoot. I need to do less plants to do his technique but his results don't lie. These plants loved to be abused at the correct time.

Sour Crack #1 day 41
Sour Crack 41 days.jpg

Sour Crack 2, less leaf stripping to see if buds get bigger on this 2nd plant of SC
SC 41.jpg

The color in Black Cream is becoming amazing.. the buds will be black by the end.
Black Cream41.jpg
BC41b (2).jpg

Same plant 19 days ago
Black Cream x 2.jpg

And the Marathon OG girls grow very much like one of my favorite strains... LBL by Loran
MarathonOG41 days.jpg
MOG41 #2.jpg

Results don't lie... this Mars Hydro TS-2000 is just killing it, the new foods are rocking to.. found me a nice
combo.. very happy

I wanted to show you guys my current Autos at around Day 50 as they were born within days of each other.

Black Cream.. this strain started putting out colors from the pinching (Supercropping) area of the stems and into the flowers.. this one was double potted and showed 2 distinct phenos.. a short fat lime green one and a taller bushier purple described above.

The shorter one may not be purple, but her aroma blows the taller pheno away.. red arrow points her out
Black Cream 50.jpg

pheno 2 (2).jpg

pheno 2 has all the color, and a nice light sweet aroma..
Black Cream 50 (2).jpg
Black Cream Day 50.jpg
colors (3).jpg
blk crm double (4).jpg

Last edited:
For the 1st 3wks of the plants life in veg there's not to much to do really.. water as needed, feed on a weekly schedule.. fans are your best friend, you want them plants fluttering.. between week 2 + 3 will be our 1st
bit of stress training. I remove the Cotyledon (round leafs) and the first set of single bladed leaf that popped up with the cotyledon leaf's early on.

I did this once after reading removing lower growth promotes upward growth.. not sure they meant these leaf's and not this early, but did it I did. With Autos it turns out the response was very positive and in another week the plants were much taller.. and if you want just 4 to 6 main branches plus center cola, then also remove the next set of branches up from the single bladed leaf just removed.

I think I have photos of all this I can get from another site that shows all this in detail .....

I lost a very dear friend . RIP Matt of Goat & Monkey Seeds..

I was really just getting to know this cool brother on a more personal level. What a great guy and his
generous nature was experienced by many as he gifted seeds out probably more then he sold.. lol.

Don't want to go into details, but Matt was found after no responding to family and friends for a few days.
A wellness check was requested and performed by local police who found Matt passed in his home..
And since I know no more I can't elaborate..

Matt my friend.. I miss you already..

So how did the leaf stripping workout?
Haha.. funny you mentioned it. I jumped the gun on these a wee bit.. not worred so much about size on these because it's about making seeds not production of buds. the babies are 12 days old, I usually wait until past 2wks to do this.

Only the Sour Stomper has been leaft alone as they are a week behind...
Gabagoo 3 trimmed.jpg
Blue V day 12.jpg
Gabagoo Day 12 just trimmed.jpg
S. Stomper Day 7.jpg

In a week these will look very different if all goes well.. but again, keep in mind I'm just making some seeds to preserve the Gabagoo.. atm we are searching for a male worthy and one of the first things I look for in Autos is which male shows sex last..

Why Last? Autos get larger by having longer veg periods before showing sex.. if you can find 3wks your
set.. Unless you want one that finishes faster even though you'll be giving up a little weight, then 2wks.

The veg period is really what decides your Auto plant size because not many go thru that "BIG STRETCH" like
a good photo period will with some tripling their size..

Stay tuned..

Let's take a peek at what's been going on with the breeding project.

Ok... I started off choosing a male that showed sex at day 12 but was not my best choice... then a plant I
thought was female showed his danglers on the 18th. Perfect, 18 days of veg allows an auto to get bigger. Male in rear.. Double Blue Vangoo R/R with one sexed, one almost.. R/F Gabagoo #1 has
been up potted..

On the left are the 2 Mephisto Sour Stompers that are feminized...
4 girls and a male Gabagoo.jpg

Blue Vangoo
2 Blue Vangoo, right 1 has sexed.jpg

Gabagoo
Gabagoo breeder.jpg

and the 2 Sour Stomper at 2wks old almost ready to be up potted at 3wks..
Sr Stomper @ 2wks old.jpg

Sr Stomper 1 @ 2wks old.jpg

Sr Stomper 2 @ 2wks old.jpg

This breeding project is just for fun and to preserve a few strains I created years ago.

until next time

It's amazing just how fast things can change.. coming around nicely too.

I started off in the hopes of preserving Gabagoo and maybe Blue Vangoo. well, Gabagoo made it with flying colors and I have an excellent choice in a male Gabagoo and a female.

Male: Why is he attractive as an auto pollen donor. He showed sex at day 18. this allows an auto plant longer time to fill out in veg mode before showing sex, especially since females will show sex even later.

Female: OMG is she a beauty. Excellent structure with a huge stem to support a big plant.. for being stunted on purpose for breeding she's quite built. she showed sex at day# 22.

The male has already begun releasing pollen with so much more to drop.. luckily they are in the small tent
all by themselves for a little privacy.. cept when my sick arse peeks in to watch... tee hee..

Might collect some pollen for later on..
Gabagoo Breeders.jpg

Once the male is done I'll give her a day or two then rinse her off and back into the big Mars Hydro setup..

After that, time to start a Memorial Grow for my buddy Matt of Goat & Monkey who recently passed away.

1 - G&M Molokai Frost #5 x White Runtz feminized
1 - G&M Urkle x White Runtz feminized
RIP Matt

1 - Draig's Blue Ice reg photo period, seed looks very female to me
1 - Nurse Larry x Harlequin Clone reg photo, seed looks very female to me. Vault Collection.

I've been wanting to try the medical properties of the NL x Harlequin and my brother Draig up in Mich
says this is the best thing he's ever made, grown, smoked.. so of course I wanted to run some... lol.

These will all be going into water in 2 days, hoping to sprout Dec 1st.. just easy to keep track of.. lol

Note: The Blue Vangoo all got culled. The plant I was waiting for HER to show sex, thru balls at day 22.
normally this would be excellent, but with the only female BV to show sex at day 12 this was not the mix
I was looking for and cut them both down Thanksgiving Day to give thanks to the pot gods... hahaha

however, the silver lining is the Gabagoo is being preserved and done right with 2 very nice donors..

At this rate, seeds will be ready in 2mos or so ok....

2 Time Bud of the Month winner strain: Gabagoo F3 by Carty

Gabagoo is a wonderful creation that took me years to get how I wanted it.

It all began with a few Sour60 x AK47 seeds, the only 3 that were not crushed by an over zealous postal worker, gone, well, postal on a simple card. LOL> 2 females of opposite structure and a nice male.
HItting this with Blue Streak F3 started the journey of Gabagoo..

Agoo was a beast and also donated to Gabagoo when a male showed up to play..

Sour Bubble x Sour Bubble x Sour60/AK = Agoo with a super sticky pheno named Mr Magoo..
Meet Agoo
Agoo seeded up to make Gabagoo.JPG

Making Gabagoo Seeds
Breeding Gabagoo.jpg

The cool thing, someone I sent Mr Magoo to years ago has some and has offered to return them to me so
I can hopefully preserve her. he also has my Miss Piggy F1 original. thought this was gone forever.

Miss Piggy: A beast of a plant. 515 x MBAP

515 - By Sweet this Auto comes in @ 3-4ft every time. 515 I believe was his ending area code in Co.
W.C. OG Kush x Cash Crop Auto
515 by Sweet hit by KVS.JPG

KVS and ladies making seeds.JPG

As you can see she gets some size to her.

Kush Van Stitch is the Momma of Blue Vangoo
KVS seeded up.jpg

It's amazing just how fast things can change.. coming around nicely too.

I started off in the hopes of preserving Gabagoo and maybe Blue Vangoo. well, Gabagoo made it with flying colors and I have an excellent choice in a male Gabagoo and a female.

Male: Why is he attractive as an auto pollen donor. He showed sex at day 18. this allows an auto plant longer time to fill out in veg mode before showing sex, especially since females will show sex even later.

Female: OMG is she a beauty. Excellent structure with a huge stem to support a big plant.. for being stunted on purpose for breeding she's quite built. she showed sex at day# 22.

The male has already begun releasing pollen with so much more to drop.. luckily they are in the small tent
all by themselves for a little privacy.. cept when my sick arse peeks in to watch... tee hee..

Might collect some pollen for later on..
View attachment 314036
thats very romantic...

Looking great Carty. Gabagoo is a great strain.
Loved growing it. Never had a male and female Gabagoo at the same time or I would have seeded her.
Had a Mr Magoo male I seeded a Skittles Auto with but the seeds didn't look mature. Had one seed I planted popped but it stunted. When I get a chance I'm going to try a few more of those seeds. I called those seeds Skittles Magoo.😁

Looking great Carty. Gabagoo is a great strain.
Loved growing it. Never had a male and female Gabagoo at the same time or I would have seeded her.
Had a Mr Magoo male I seeded a Skittles Auto with but the seeds didn't look mature. Had one seed I planted popped but it stunted. When I get a chance I'm going to try a few more of those seeds. I called those seeds Skittles Magoo.😁
Hey bro, Gabagoo is getting ready to make a small climb back with this small breeding. This is just a savior move to keep her from dying off.. and what a beautiful example of her I've got to work with..
breeding b.jpg
breeding c.jpg

And the 2 up potted Sour Stomper autos are doing great..
T2.jpg

T4.jpg

things are getting fun..

Latest posts

Back