Auto's Done Carty's Way

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Those look great Carty. Gabagoo is one of my favorites so far. She is really fun to grow and a great smoke. Your doing a great job.
How do you know when to pollinate where you will get viable seeds?

It all began with a few Sour60 x AK47 seeds, the only 3 that were not crushed by an over zealous postal worker, gone, well, postal on a simple card. LOL> 2 females of opposite structure and a nice male.
HItting this with Blue Streak F3 started the journey of Gabagoo.. “

i remember them seeds , i just wish i could remember who sent them to me….i wanna say it was TIM but im not for sure

i did a lousy job trying to grow them , there was not a lot of info on autos back then , that is when i sent them to you…..gawd i wish i had that package back again so i could re-package them

but hey , it all turned out for the best and now thanks to Cartman , there is now some excellent info on how to grow autos successfully

Those look great Carty. Gabagoo is one of my favorites so far. She is really fun to grow and a great smoke. Your doing a great job.
How do you know when to pollinate where you will get viable seeds?
Gabagoo has such a following in Colorado, others are now taking credit for creating it... hahaha. Hey, they say it's the best flattery. diks. haha.

Breeding with Autos I find super easy. As far as seeds go, my rule of thumb is 6wks. From the pollen dropping to viable. Any sooner and your chancing many green seeds and a few viable.
The pollen part is all nature.
But, you also have to know what males to watch out for if you have the oppurtunity to choose between a few .. like on this run, I kept the 1st male just in case, but he showed sex at day 12. Average really for an auto male.. then, another showed sex at day 18. THAT was my male. Because he showed sex at almost 3wks old, some of his offspring females may go the same and that is my goal.

Autos to get size need to veg 3wks.. the ones that show sex in 10 days are fun, but those are the stunted plants that give Autos a bad rap.. so it's pollen slinging with a good eye. Now if I had a few males that showed same time frame. I see who had the earliest trichome production, shortest nodes etc..

hope that helps a little

It all began with a few Sour60 x AK47 seeds, the only 3 that were not crushed by an over zealous postal worker, gone, well, postal on a simple card. LOL> 2 females of opposite structure and a nice male.
HItting this with Blue Streak F3 started the journey of Gabagoo.. “

i remember them seeds , i just wish i could remember who sent them to me….i wanna say it was TIM but im not for sure

i did a lousy job trying to grow them , there was not a lot of info on autos back then , that is when i sent them to you…..gawd i wish i had that package back again so i could re-package them

but hey , it all turned out for the best and now thanks to Cartman , there is now some excellent info on how to grow autos successfully

One Offspring of the first batch of seeds I made.. obviously showing some AK in her huh...
AK x S60.JPG

And I then did another breeding with one of the Offspring that was so sticky it got the nickname Agoo
which created Mr Magoo, Magoo, and Gabagoo.. yeah, I had to research this myself.. hahaha.
Agoo seeded up to make Gabagoo.JPG

It wasn't easy starting off with 3 stunted plants that showed the Sour60 side,
Sour60.jpg
Gabagoo very early on.JPG

So as they got bigger I kept seeding up the larger plants while always choosing the stickiest male with early trichome development as early as on the pollen sacs..

Gabagoo F2.JPG

but like they say, the big pheno searching time is F2 stock and it proved correct.

Breeding Gabagoo.jpg

And that is the Journey of Gabagoo.. I have 1 good friend who has like 20 seeds who will also do a preservation run when he can get to it.. Argo buddy, still counting on you...

Argo' Avatar.jpg

And with Barefrog passing me back some very old stock... Mr Magoo will be getting a chance and Miss Piggy just may make a comeback.. she is my biggest Auto to date.

Miss Piggy - W. C. OG x Cash Crop Auto female (aka: 515 by Sweet) X Kush Van Stitch.

It's amazing these early works are still out there and I'm sending him some Feminized Autos to replace them.. Karma people, gotta keep that Karma inline.. Thanks Bare..

Last edited:
How far along is the female when you dust her?
Well, this is mostly up to the male if your doing a natural dusting.. if he shows sex on day 18, it's gonna be at least another 2wks before his pollen sacs fill and begin to droop, last sign before opening and releasing the pollen. The more hairs the female has exposed at the time of pollen dusting, the more seeds your gonna have. I should of collected pollen off of him , but I suck at it. lol. ssshhhh, my one downfall. lol
unfortunately, I didn't hit her hard enough so my seeds will be limited this run, but will preserve her for later seed production off a female I just love..
Gabagoo pregnant.jpg

barefoot has the og seeds for red cheese aka Columbian Red x Cheese……that is some dam good weed
I have JP5 x Columbian Red ... remember CRED..
Also have a few different cheese varieties in seed form. One is Sannie's Blue Cheese still in his pk.
UK Cheese #1.. supposedly you find the right 1 and your getting Skunk #1.. just renamed I hear.

I have some cred seeds and that is where the Red Cheese comes from….very fruity terps , some very tasty and aromatic herbs

I thought maybe that was it. I remember when Budmiser was handing them out in paks of 40. and again,
I gifted all mine out. I have plenty of other stuff though.. I'm really excited about this one guy sending me a bunch of the Goat & Monkey Gear.. hahaha. I love Matt's work and have 3 going right now..

Problem is, these are not autos..

Maybe a little bit bigger harvest? If it vegged longer. IDK but I sure check in the AM to see what you have posted as much as I can. I was gifted some mighty fine autos awhile back and plan on running them outdoors as soon as warm weather makes it way back here! ;)

Day 39 and she's coming around. And your right, longer veg, bigger harvest..

Here is what I've figured out about her. The Dad was Sour60 x AK47.. she is one of the few AK47 Phenos that showed up. She's been on 18/6 the entire time and has white hairs all over her.. was hit with a little Gabagoo pollen at day 20 or so.. She sexed on day 18. Guess she is gonna be a freaking beast huh? hehe

Gabagoo AK47 pheno.jpg
Gak47.jpg
Gabagoo AK pheno.jpg
Gak budding.jpg

With the amount of budsites she's producing her yield is going to be incredible.

Day 39 and she's coming around. And your right, longer veg, bigger harvest..

Here is what I've figured out about her. The Dad was Sour60 x AK47.. she is one of the few AK47 Phenos that showed up. She's been on 18/6 the entire time and has white hairs all over her.. was hit with a little Gabagoo pollen at day 20 or so.. She sexed on day 18. Guess she is gonna be a freaking beast huh? hehe

View attachment 314977View attachment 314978View attachment 314979View attachment 314980

With the amount of budsites she's producing her yield is going to be incredible.

i will take Beast for a thousand dollars Alex.

For 2 Days she stayed outside the tent and got what some indirect light. she wound up actually leaning
towards the tent opening, a great sign she is getting positive stress. Rotated her and left her remainder of the day. she went mad.. Her offspring should be interesting to test.

I could probably train her to fill this entire 2 x 2.5 tent base... lol
MH 2 (2).jpg

barefoot has the og seeds for red cheese aka Columbian Red x Cheese……that is some dam good weed
Hey, I wanted to correct my mistake. It is Barefrog and not Barefoot returning the seeds to me. I get them guys confused often. I corrected it above in the thread and thought I'd let ya know. Because today, some of my original Gabagoo, (Magoo Pheno) just made it back into my hands, Miss Piggy a few days ago.. this is getting fun.. Yeah, Boo was running that Red Cheese for a while with great success...
Hey, thanks man. How's things going for you.. And do you have my email. I'd like you to be able to get ahold of me if you need advice and I'm not here for a bit ok..
i will take Beast for a thousand dollars Alex.
And she won't stop growing.. I think next time she'll get hit in the face with a little Humboldt Secret bud starter.. help her along a bit.
mh 1 (2).jpg

Hey Carty, yes I do have your email, not sure if my msg's are going to junk. I've sent you a couple of emails and had no reply.
My new grow is slow. I believe I overwatered. Back on track now. Got 3 more Cinderevils to plant today in Dr Greenthumbs Turbo Dirt. This is the guy that makes it close to home I told you to check out.

Barefrog is the real deal , same with Barefoot…those two ganja gardeners could start up a premier seed business but instead they lay low and walk amongst us sharing their gear…to cool
I couldn't of said it any better. He's funny, sent me 3 cards with a flat inside each with a strain inside.. so, I did the same thing and sent him Feminized Autos to grow, make life easier. Everybody Happy.. hehe
I'm so blessed to have such good friends , like you bro.. now where's my Grip.. muwahahaha. secret code talk.. gotta have a 1970's decoder ring.. lol
Hey Carty, yes I do have your email, not sure if my msg's are going to junk. I've sent you a couple of emails and had no reply.
My new grow is slow. I believe I overwatered. Back on track now. Got 3 more Cinderevils to plant today in Dr Greenthumbs Turbo Dirt. This is the guy that makes it close to home I told you to check out.
Bro, I just checked and I had 7 emails and 4 notices from a different site.. but none from you and my Proton account only has main and spam.. nothing in spam. so check see if you have it correct ok..

Over watering can cause so many issues buddy... I actually believe in dry stressing before overwatering..
get a feel for them pots just watered and feel how heavy it is in your hand. Now allow it to go 3 to 5 days in between. As long as the plant isn't drooping, it has water.. now pick up the pot and get a feel for it super dry.. make a mental note of it and you'll never overwater again. and some, depending on locationi in tent, may need water before others.. so getting a feel for the pots is the best way to avoid mistakes..

You got this buddy..

Gabagoo F3 is pregnant...

Last night at watering, as she is taking a half gallon a day atm.. I checked the lower seed pods, as I call them.. and removed one. As soon as I grabbed it I knew I had success by the feel of how hard it was.
I peeled off the outter covering, calyx or whatever.. and a baby seedling was inside about halfway done or so.
E.jpg

Maybe I can get some of her offspring to finish a bit quicker too.. but she is a beast so I'm happy.
mARS HyDRO OMG.jpg
Mongo decided to try and read the Mephisto labels on the Sour Hound
M.jpg

and was like hey, how are the Non Autos doing.. A Memorial grow for Matt of Goat & Monkey Seeds
Mongo on security detail.jpg

L.jpg

Perfect strain really for a mini SOG eh?
Q.jpg

Latest posts

Back