Average yield of a 2-3 foot plant in a 1-2 gal pot?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ktownlegend

Col. Red Eyes
Reaction score
I have recently started doing specific sizes during my grows. if you have notice in my journals that i've i kept at least one plant at full size in a 1 gal pot and 1 in a 2 gal pot. to see difference in yield from change in container size not plant size. but as well as one is Indica and the other sativa. but with only 2 plants of each kinda size container i really only have 2 sets of test subjects. i was wondering if anybody would like to help me out with this.

and the yields i have and are still in the process of are really just numbers cause i dont have anything to compare.

Fire it up
KT

that is crazy.you would need 2 plants to grow both ways to even consider a comparision.start over

i have and indica in a 1 gal and a 2 gal i also have a satvia in a 1 gal and a 2 gal. totaling 4 plants but i would like 8 for good comparison i was hoping someone out there might have done something similar for a scog or something.

i've grown several plants start to finish in 1 gallon pots. this is just what i've noticed in my grows so far..

in one gallon pots i get about an oz per plant, if i use 3 gallon pots i get about 1 1/2 oz per plant. not always but more times than not. i use 1 gallon pots up till flowering then i'll transplant to 3 gallon. imho the buds seem to get fatter in the 3 gallon pots if i flower at the same height. im stoned and forgot where i was goin with this so i'll come back later

slowmo77 said:
i've grown several plants start to finish in 1 gallon pots. this is just what i've noticed in my grows so far..

in one gallon pots i get about an oz per plant, if i use 3 gallon pots i get about 1 1/2 oz per plant. not always but more times than not. i use 1 gallon pots up till flowering then i'll transplant to 3 gallon. imho the buds seem to get fatter in the 3 gallon pots if i flower at the same height. im stoned and forgot where i was goin with this so i'll come back later

what kind of lighting do u have? and what size is it and ur room size?

ktownlegend said:
what kind of lighting do u have? and what size is it and ur room size?

those numbers are from my 2x2x4 flower box with 17 42 watt cfls 2700k.

now i use 2 150watt hps but i've only flowered a few under it before i had to move them out of my building due to temps.

also i top some plants i lst some aswell as supercropin. some i do all three to just depends on what plant im growin. im not sure what the yeilds would be without some type of trainin.

You need seeds from the same mother and father, and at least 8 plants total with no other variables...same soil, lighting everything. 4 plants in 1gallon pots and 4 in 2gallon pots...then you may be able to get closer to the truth, although i think 16 plant total would be better

I grow in 1 and two gallon pots about the way you wanna grow and harvest about 1-1,5 oz per plant. I've never really seen a corralation between pot size and harvest amount though, it'll be interesting to see what you come up with, and I'll try to keep track of my plants. I use clones and grow mainly Mango off of the same mother, which should give some control.

just lst and ull be good i just harvested my 9 inch plant that i grew in a 1 gallon container weighed in at 41 grams wet 2 colas not including a cola half there size that i had to cut two days ago for some scientific reasons was testing how good it would be out of a 2 foot bong turns out its dank

and i dont got pics tried taking some but couldnt see none of the features wasnt that cool macro cam that they let me borrow last month

Latest posts

Back