Avitars

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rasta

CHILD OF GOD
Reaction score
Looking over the web site and I have noticed over 100 (realy about 6 or 7 ) Bob Marley avatars...there are not that many pictures of Bob in fuckin Jamica ....

Also I see alot of senior members, they are here only 2 or three months ,the only thing that make them senoir members is the amont of posts they have... being a senior member should be more than not having he ability to shut up...time on the site and the amont of knowladge you have should be the only thing thats makes you a senior member...there are people on this site listed as senior members that dont know shit...

I agree to an extent. I only been on here since jan. 1st. Left another forum. I don't pay attention to post counts. (jesus look at mine). I think if you hang around the site enough, you figure out who knows what. I look for certain members names when I want trustworthy info. I look at this forum as a local hangout. There is always something to read or comment on.

Leave reputation for those that help. Post count: hell look at the Coffee table thats where most of em occur. Just **'n about stuff. passes the time.

But always double check information. Never assume the first response is the correct one.

I just looked at my "status". It seems that 100 posts gets you senior member status.
I agree with Mutt. You have to figure out who has the knowledge and watch for their names. Not good for new folk. Thats the way the forum is set up. What can you do?
I do not pay attention to post numbers. I assume nothing.

Good point though Rasta.

I've only been around for a week or so..and I pretty much have figured out who knows what, so have faith Rasta, those of us who are here to learn , ok those of us with commen sense, won't be fooled by the wanna'be's. I tend to lean towards the ones who are well spoken. Hey, I've still got a ways til I'm a senior, I like it that way.:p

im 41 years old ive been smoking weed since i was 11 i know who knows and who dont ,,the piont seems missed ,,,no problem .peace ,love ,rasta

I re-read it. I think the senior member thing is assigned by vbulletin. It would have to be changed by MarPassion to do a reputation type title change. Where the level of member status is determined by the amount of positive reputation received. Or something along those lines. May want to pop it in the suggestions and comment box.

I only really pay attention to about 5 or 6 people on this webstie. The majority of members with quality information on this website haven't been here too long. Stoney Bud and Mutt are both names I look for here and neither has even been here 3 months. My rating is "Senior Member", but I don't tend to despense advice with the same frequency or ability because I figure I'll let the pros handle it. But if it's a topic that interests me, be it on growing or some other issue, such as the recent "Name that Tune" thread, I'll toss a post or two at it. I don't really pay attention to the rankings, only the comments. There is a lot of good info, lots of uninformed, or rather misinformed, teenagers and newbs passing ** along too. That's the site though. People coming together and sharing what they know, whatever it is. That is what a forum is for.

The way I see it, is that any one of us could drag our asses off our couches and go to the local library and check out a book how to grow pot (yes they have one,no I didn't check it out) but asking a question to a real person who isn't going to ask why are you so stupid, is what I feel this forum is about, that and that it seems like some of us here hang out more than others..I enjoy talking to other people about something Im interested in as a hobby. It's not like we're learning to knit. When I get advice I question, I ask Mutt or The brothers Grunt, they're the ones who've given me the time of day and they haven't steered me wrong yet! I wouldn't care what their "member status" was. Keep the advice coming guys! I need it!:p

Mutt said:
I re-read it. I think the senior member thing is assigned by vbulletin. It would have to be changed by MarPassion to do a reputation type title change. Where the level of member status is determined by the amount of positive reputation received. Or something along those lines. May want to pop it in the suggestions and comment box.
that sounds like a great idea Mutt. i remember over on OG they had a thing called KARMA that members used. over here it is REPUTATION. since i have been here i have only used it maybe a few times but that is going to change. i ask that everyone start giving out reputation points for those who deserve it. REPUTATION points should be givin to those who have helped someone with plant problems, their grows, or just an interesting thread in the coffee table. REPUTATION should determine your status as a member in this forum not the amount of post you have. so i ask that members start using the REPUTATION.

Reputation can be viewed under your user CP. ;)

To give reputation. click the scales on the lower left under your avatar. next to the green dot or gray (green means online, grey means offline).
Make sure you check the appropiate box. as you can leave negative and positive rep. ;)

I tell you what.. i'm here to ** and learn a little more about growing.. and i tell you what.. if i ever give advice on growing.. don't listen to it.. not that i do anyway.. lol I don't know much about growin and i sure as hell wouldn't want to pass my "brown" thumb on to anyone else.. out of the grows i've done.. one time.. was male.. and the other time somehow i killed all but one plant.. then when it got bigger it died to.....so.. lol.. you just like everyone said pay attetion to the people posting and weed out the bad advice.. and always look for a second opinion...because what one person does to solve a problem or what have you may not always work in your situation

pranicfever said:
...out of the grows i've done.. one time.. was male.. and the other time somehow i killed all but one plant.. then when it got bigger it died to.....
Awwwwww Pranic, come on now, you're just getting ready for the big grow! Practice, practice, practice.....Nobody was born knowing this shit! You shoulda seen my first Hydro grow. It was a nightmare. I hadn't read anything about how to do it, had everything wrong, had a big ass male right in the middle of the crop which I shook around real good while screwing around with it. Had enough seeds outta that grow to last for a century. I was more interested in the plumbing of the damn thing than getting any smokable weed out of it. It turned out to be half ass weed if you could pick out enough to smoke from the seeds. Hahahhahahhahaa.

I learned a hell of a lot from failure. Ain't it always the way?

Latest posts

Back