Avoiding tiny livestock while guerrila growing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HomieDaGrower

Hillbilly Emeritus
Reaction score
How do Ya'll avoid ticks, fleas, chiggers, etc while in the woods? I wear old style jungle warfare fatigues, with the legs outside my boots. I then dust the cuffs and my boots with seven dust. It works well, and I rarely find ticks on me. I would love to find a better way, because seven dust isn't the best for you. I am able to avoid skin contact, but I still worry.

What do Ya'll do??

HomieHogleg

I don't worry about them. Just take a bath as soon as I come out of the woods.

If you can find it, straight neem oil is awesome...but again...not good for you. A friend at work (an archaeologist) is always out in the field and he's pulled hundreds of ticks off him a day sometimes. He said when he coats his jeans, boots, and jacket in neem oil is works great..rarely see's a tick.

Wow I feel stupid disregard my last post...bwanabud is right, DEET is what you want. I meant to say Deet, not neem oil. My friend from work got military grade deet from a friend and that's what he rubs on his clothes.

I tromp around in the woods as lot. I'm with Ozzy. I shower and do a "tick check".

Im lucky ticks dont like me, ive never had a tick on me, and i spent my entire child hood in the mountains and cedars in Utah, chiggers and horseflies love me though :(

Go to an army surplus store, and hook up some of their Bug spray, baring that, grab some Backwoods Cutter, its far superior to most other repellent sprays you can find at your local drugstore

Iron Emmett said:
Im lucky ticks dont like me, ive never had a tick on me, and i spent my entire child hood in the mountains and cedars in Utah, chiggers and horseflies love me though :(

Go to an army surplus store, and hook up some of their Bug spray, baring that, grab some Backwoods Cutter, its far superior to most other repellent sprays you can find at your local drugstore

Yep, Backwoods Cutter is the shizzle :) But watch, some people are very sensitive to DEET.

To fight off those critters from biting, I have been using more garlic in my cooking as they don't like the smell of garlic that sweat from ur skin,
As for the clothes i made up a spray of garlic and spray my cloths, but don't go to town.!! It works I think.!
May want to spray ur walk way to plants with chem. But the garlic spray also help.!!

Like others I use bug sprays with DEET, long pants and a hat. I just picked up a product last week that has permethrin in it and that is supposed to be used on your clothes. the permethrin is supposed to repel ticks etc.

One word SULPHER.
I use to hunt alot. Put Sulpher in an old sock and beat it around all over yur geans and boots.And it aint poison to you like DEET. They will stay off of you for the most part. Also a little bleach in bath water will kill them.

Latest posts

Back