AZshwagg's Papaya Grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AZshwagg

Reaction score
So now that I have my setup in full effect I got two Papaya seeds the I successfully germinated and planted with an assortment of different bag seed that came from some good commercial....I got the seedlings in a homemade humidity dome with heat mat underneath...Im using (1) 65 watt CFL for right now I have another one on stand-by..all the seeds have Fox Farm Light Warrior soil....The journey begins!

View attachment IMAG0366.jpg

View attachment IMAG0367.jpg

View attachment IMAG0369.jpg

View attachment IMAG0371.jpg

once they break ground good i'd slowly move my light closer to them since it's a CFL. you can get them real close and they do pretty good. thats just me though. i'll hangout and watch the grow with you.. good luck

good, clean set up. now for the wait....:watchplant:

So I got a lot sprouts:) I had 3 Mexican seeds pop and 2 Papaya pop the first one P#1 lookd great and still does but the other seed P#2 looked like the runt lil black seed but it popd but for sum weird reason it looks like it tryd to grow back into the soil...weird stuff ill post picks...i need to more pics cus im runin into trouble so here are sum pics...enjoy...oh the papaya is the ones that are double cup'd...lol

View attachment IMAG0374.jpg

View attachment IMAG0375.jpg

View attachment IMAG0376.jpg

View attachment IMAG0377.jpg

View attachment IMAG0379.jpg

I'll stick around, I watch pretty close but dont always post....I tend to keep my comments to myself :rofl:

You just back the lights off for the pictures? I usually start seeds with the cfl's right over the cups...

Lol.....yea I did back the lights off for the pic....they are like 4-5 inches away

Figured as much!

I cannot wait for the BIG show.

Once the seeds are stable what are you using for vegging?

AZ. when you post your pics, click on the paperclip icon so it loads directly to your post after you upload them.

Best of luck with the Papaya and I'll keep an eye on your grow. I got 2 out of 5 fem seeds to germ but they hermed on me. Nirvana has some on thier way to me and will be in my next grow. They were shipped 23 days ago and I'm still waiting. Couldn't stand the wait so germed a few Jock Horror for current grow.

420_Osborn said:
Figured as much!

I cannot wait for the BIG show.

Once the seeds are stable what are you using for vegging?

vegging if u mean lights I'm going to use (2) 65watt CFL lights that got me thru my last grow I read you need about 50 watts per sqr ft or about 3000 lumens per sqr ft. I popd more than enough beans to give me a good chance of getting a female and I want to grow one or two plant max...I'm going to veg them to about 12-14 inches before flowering...soil I'm using Fox Farm soils:)

niteshft said:
AZ. when you post your pics, click on the paperclip icon so it loads directly to your post after you upload them.

Best of luck with the Papaya and I'll keep an eye on your grow. I got 2 out of 5 fem seeds to germ but they hermed on me. Nirvana has some on thier way to me and will be in my next grow. They were shipped 23 days ago and I'm still waiting. Couldn't stand the wait so germed a few Jock Horror for current grow.

Man! I get my seeds within 7-12 days...man! Jack H! I evny you guys that have vertical space..lol..I hope u get journal goin:)

niteshft said:

Man! I get my seeds within 7-12 days...man! Jack H! I evny you guys that have vertical space..lol..I hope u get journal goin:)

AZshwagg said:
Just got a message from Nirvana and they said I wasn't going to believe it....they forgot to put a stamp on my order. They're right, I don't.

so azshwagg has been really busy and hasn't really been able to get to a computer to post these, so i'm gonna do it for him.

something is happening to our plants, so far he told me he thinks it's either nutrient burn, or the ph level of the water, which came up 6.25 on the meter. what do you think?

View attachment IMAG0395.jpg
View attachment IMAG0396.jpg
View attachment IMAG0397.jpg
View attachment IMAG0398.jpg
View attachment IMAG0399.jpg
View attachment IMAG0400.jpg
View attachment IMAG0401.jpg
View attachment IMAG0403.jpg

and the last picture of the water bottle... he has a gallon of full strength grow big, he uses the water bottle to measure for 1/4 strength, half strength, 3/4 strength... good idea?

Az, when you post your pics and befor you exit "advanced" click on the arrow next to the paperclip on the toolbar and then click on that and you will have the pics posted to your post rather than just a link. It makes it easier for us to see which ones we want to expand to take a closer look. Just a suggestion.

niteshft said:
Az, when you post your pics and befor you exit "advanced" click on the arrow next to the paperclip on the toolbar and then click on that and you will have the pics posted to your post rather than just a link. It makes it easier for us to see which ones we want to expand to take a closer look. Just a suggestion.

this is actually his girlfriend, posting on his account because he is unable to get to a computer in order to post pics. but thanks ill try that :] anyway i'll try to get him to log in on my phone tonight, so he can give you guys a better rundown of what he thinks is happening in those pics...

AZshwagg said:
so azshwagg has been really busy and hasn't really been able to get to a computer to post these, so i'm gonna do it for him.

something is happening to our plants, so far he told me he thinks it's either nutrient burn, or the ph level of the water, which came up 6.25 on the meter. what do you think?
If he is using nutes it most probably the cause, they are too, young for nutes.

niteshft said:
If he is using nutes it most probably the cause, they are too, young for nutes.
Exactly. One should not use ANY nutes for a minimum of two weeks, and at that point it should be 1/4 strength. I will typically go three to be safe unless they start to look hungry.

If I were in that situation, I would flush with straight water and hope for the best.

GL

Okay I knw bout the nute....i waited 2 weeks befo nutes......I gt advice bout giving them nute 100 ppm but I dnt knw how to measure 100ppm so I decided to to do the water bottle and only only the first plant on the pic I gave nutes to the rest are jst being water with bottled water...idk ....so besides that first plant...whatcha guys think bout the rest.....wud the soil burn it? I read sum FFOF can burn sum plants...I'm using light warrior....bt it still FF...so plezz help me:(

I have some Papaya going right now. They were slow starters but have been flawless since getting going. I would say that they like the PH a little higher. If your others are having issues as well I would guess it's your PH.
Tbh though could be over watering. Not a soil kind of guy, so maybe others can chime in.

Latest posts

Back