B grade flick lovers thread...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nvthis

Oh look, boobs!
Reaction score
I was going through some boxes this weekend and found some old VHS tapes. I sat there all nostalgic and high and really began to correlate and invision the enormous connection between smoking weed in my teens and b grade movies, especialy circa 1980's flicks. The rush of memories was intense, and the realization that I could not comprehend one without the other (weed and b flicks) was enlightening.. It played such a HUGE role in who I (we) are today

In the early 80's cable tv was really just beginning to find it's rythem. The programming was piss poor unless, of course, you were 13 and discovering what Mexi brown was.. Then, it was iconic!

So, for all the stoners that have dedicated endless hours of their youth to being high and watching late night cable, I offer a positive outlet.. Let's hear your all time fav trash flicks and b grade movies..

Monster movies and kung fu movies.. Yeah, they count ;)

Oh, and extra points to whoever might nail this b grade quote ;)

"Let's play a game called scarey noises... If bachelorette number one isn't out here in half a tick, I'm going to ice bachlorette number two."

Night of the Comet? wowzers that's steeped in B-ness...lol

My favorite was Ice Pirates. The part where they were going to emasculate them was awesome!

nice thread, nv!

Zeno: " I hope no one minds but I have no intention of facing this sober. "

7greeneyes said:
Night of the Comet? wowzers that's steeped in B-ness...lol

Ohhh 7.. Winner of extra points! lol..

I wish I had a vhs player :( Instead of going to work, I would order pizza and get high. And watch Maximum Overdrive and Mad Max RW...:sigh:

Hecks yeah, I love BOTH those moves as well...:cool2: I own first and second Mad MAx's, not the third however :rolleyes:

That movie (Rocky) came out the year I was born...lol. :rofl:

Not, Rocky, The Rocky Horror picture show!

Look it up baby greeneyes. It might be a "c" movie.

yeah, rocky horror picture show...1975, love the Rocky...not Rocky the boxer lol...

Rosebud said:
Does Rocky Horror qualify?

Hmm. Good question RB.. I dunno :confused2: I was never really a fan, but know lots that were/are :D

I probably would have leaned more towards Heathers or Toxic Avenger or something..

Anyone a Re-animator fan?

I love Reanimator (own all three)! Stuart Gordon is one of my favorite genre directors, imo. If only I could be a living severed head and be able to have fun with a very naked Barbara Crampton :hubba:
I even got my fiancee into the Re-Animator series.
Hey NV, ever seen From Beyond, same cast, same director (they also did Castle Freak together in the 90's)? Just (FromBeyond) an awesome movie...

7greeneyes said:
I love Reanimator (own all three)! Stuart Gordon is one of my favorite genre directors, imo. If only I could be a living severed head and be able to have fun with a very naked Barbara Crampton :hubba:
I even got my fiancee into the Re-Animator series.
Hey NV, ever seen From Beyond, same cast, same director (they also did Castle Freak together in the 90's)? Just (FromBeyond) an awesome movie...

From Beyond, excellent stoner flick.. Mix and match with Monty Python!

Rosebud said:
Does Rocky Horror qualify?

I think it should. One of my all time favorites. I used to revel in taking the "unsuspecting" to midnight showings at a little local theater that served beer and wine. I have the sound track and still play it.

The Hemp Goddess said:
I think it should. One of my all time favorites. I used to revel in taking the "unsuspecting" to midnight showings at a little local theater that served beer and wine. I have the sound track and still play it.

'Let's Do the Time Warp Agaaaaaaaiiin!" lol, THG.

Lips, Lips we want lips. imagesCABOG3LY.jpg

Long live Troma!

Hey 7, you remember C.H.U.D?

heck yeah, Cannibalistic Humanoid Underground Dwellers! NV, u ever seen return of the Living Dead, now there was a movie that set out to be a B movie...lol. Have an awesome work day, NV. :ciao: Heck yeah, I collect me some Troma, movies. Love Toxie and Sgt. Kabukiman Samurai PD, as well as the Nukem highs! lol...atomic weed...:rofl:

The Hemp Goddess said:

"there's a light"...i could sing my heart out.

Latest posts

Back