Back for 2023

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My dad died when I was five. My great grandfather had a big garden. He pulled a sled with a barrel of water behind the tractor. I was putting out tomatoes when I was 5. It may be my favorite thing to do. All I did was plant seeds and water as needed. We have two cold night ahead and I Like to let some leaf cover green up. I'm ready to plant.

your plants sure look healthy and happy

it is an interesting and fun dance when planting outdoor photoperiod genetics and matching up with the suns clock

i had a chocolate trip plant that was set out to early and started to flower

then it re-vegged and what a messy plant that turned out to be

what is still a mystery to me is all the volunteers that come up in late March and early April when the sun is around 12-12

one would think those plants would start flowering immediately……but nooooooo , some of our volunteers have been some of our biggest plants

anyway , it is a challenge to veg plants and set them out and get the timing right

cheers

your plants sure look healthy and happy

it is an interesting and fun dance when planting outdoor photoperiod genetics and matching up with the suns clock

i had a chocolate trip plant that was set out to early and started to flower

then it re-vegged and what a messy plant that turned out to be

what is still a mystery to me is all the volunteers that come up in late March and early April when the sun is around 12-12

one would think those plants would start flowering immediately……but nooooooo , some of our volunteers have been some of our biggest plants

anyway , it is a challenge to veg plants and set them out and get the timing right

cheers
Right big it's like the plants under the indoor light constant light when planted out maybe the light being a little less will flower. The ones outside see even though plants I use to plant in early March new the days are getting longer and never flower. I use the indoor light on 14/10 schedule. Then planted out April 20th or later and almost 14/10 and getting longer and I've only had a couple flower. The ones are like a partial photo some auto traits like fast and glorious would flower in spring but once they started to f lower stay in flower like an auto. The same variety acting different won't flower early. Just what I've noticed.

Ok people we had some cold nights but looks like it's going to be ok. As long as its 37° or more I'm fine. 33° is frosty. It's timrme to get to work. My plants grew fast with only slightest back in a few from crouding. But they will be fine.
20230425_030833.jpg
20230425_030836.jpg

They are in little pots and only for 25 days. Then the grow dirt it's pretty much gone and it jumps into the native soil. I have a couple areas where the ground is great and nettles grow another place I'm adding lime this year. It looks good but the plants just don't do as well. I have zeroed in on the b est spots.

The mushrooms are morels. Good to eat.
I know I had never found one until last year I found one. I could have pulled 100 but I left them be. Maybe next year. I'm not a big fan of mushrooms but I would try those. I'll eat them one pizza I just don't go out of my way like portobello burgers.

those other fungi look like the bottoms of the morels.
They were I was just funding. First ones I've ever found. They didn't grow in the southern delta. I'm sure in the hills they find them. I don't want to talk to much about where I am but your not supposed to bother remove anything. I found a deer horn and took it home and I felt guilty and took it back. It was gone in the spring. Someone or a critter got it. Maybe next year I'll get a dozen to cook.

Hey guys. Sorry I've been absent a while. I got my early plants going. But we got maybe half an inch since may 1 with the fact that we only had 5 inches snow over the winter it's been so dry Robin's and a lot of the birds are not even nesting. Drought affects everything.
I have my last bunch to plant. I have 5 older ones I didn't get planted early. And I started 22 about a month ago. Out of 22 I have 14 females. 4 can't tell for sure. A couple might be female and 4 males I culled. That's great numbers. Even if only 14 are female that's still great.
So yesterday it finally rained slow all day we got an inch. Very grateful for it. I'm going to plant the rest tomorrow. Glad I'm not loosing them. Tomorrow I'll have an update on the early plants. I can get water but it's 350Meters and 400 meters so that's a long carry. My soil is
20230614_182250.jpg
great and these plants are survivors. Every year can't be roses. I'll post tomorrow. Thanks friends. Pic of my last bunch. Still plenty time for them to grow.

Hey guys. Sorry I've been absent a while. I got my early plants going. But we got maybe half an inch since may 1 with the fact that we only had 5 inches snow over the winter it's been so dry Robin's and a lot of the birds are not even nesting. Drought affects everything.
I have my last bunch to plant. I have 5 older ones I didn't get planted early. And I started 22 about a month ago. Out of 22 I have 14 females. 4 can't tell for sure. A couple might be female and 4 males I culled. That's great numbers. Even if only 14 are female that's still great.
So yesterday it finally rained slow all day we got an inch. Very grateful for it. I'm going to plant the rest tomorrow. Glad I'm not loosing them. Tomorrow I'll have an update on the early plants. I can get water but it's 350Meters and 400 meters so that's a long carry. My soil isView attachment 331091 great and these plants are survivors. Every year can't be roses. I'll post tomorrow. Thanks friends. Pic of my last bunch. Still plenty time for them to grow.
Glad to hear from you. Keep us posted ✌️

Sorry guys I don't have any pictures. For two years I have been going in across a cattail low spot.its been dry but we had a lot of rain lately. I thought it was ok and just as I'm almost across the water gets thigh deep. I tripped on a to log and fell down and everything is but my head got wet including my cell phone. It worked a couple minutes then died.
When I got home I had to go get a new phone. And a new sim card. It sucked because the phone was 4 months old and I had just renewed for the new month on Tuesday. I only use it for Internet so I haven't written down the number and I didn't know it. I couldn't look on the phone it's dead. Some days are just a cluster ****. .an expensive swim.
We were in a bad drought so they weren't as big as last year but they still looked great. I was expecting then to be half dead but they fared well For almost no rain for 60 days. I'll get some picks soon. I think after all the rain and more rain tonight they will catch up in a week.

Hey guys. I continue to get high female numbers. Last year i had 18females from 27 plants. 67%. This year 18 out of 24 are female or 75%. And 17 females out of 22 plants is 77 %. Plus 12fem seeds. 6fem California dream mandala. 3fem Columbian gold world of seeds and 3fem the sin from a Anesia seeds. I put out lime and I can tell a world of difference. The last couple years in this location the plants would look good for a month untill they used up the root ball dirt then they would grow slower until they were only a bud or two. The ones I used lime on look as good or even better than the nettle spot.
I have one spot with rocky soil that never makes much. I lost 6 of 8 that died from drought I guess. The two I have left that I used lime on look like normal plants. Growing fast. Lime sure has helped.

I got a new phone to replace the two I drowned in the creek yesterday and 110$ coupon on my other one to go towards a new one. I'll post in the missalanious section about a new phone. I have to go Monday. I'll get some pictures. I had 8 late plants I kept through the drought. I set them out yesterday. I had to super crop then to be able to get them in a container in my back pack. I got 9 more to take Monday. I know it's late but they should make something. To carry water to plant them a month ago was 400 yards one way. I just planted those in the few holes where the males were pulled up from. Here's a couple I did LST on that I'll put out Monday. If they make a couple buds it will be cool. Thank the Lord it rained. We go half inch last night.
IMG_20230708_082927969.jpg

Take some of our rain, please. We have had 8 or 9” in the last 10 days in central Massachusetts…

Have you tried the ‘bag of rice’ trick for your flooded phones? It frequently works. Just put them in a bag with some dried rice for a week or so. The rice absorbs the moisture pretty well.

Latest posts

Back