Back...still on a Serch

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Serch

Reaction score
From Overgrow to HempCultivation to Gardenscure to Marijuana.com to this one and that one and ohhh a couple more Forums...Not to mention the trial and error that still goes on.

My strains grown are just additions to the garden or tent. You see my main focus is eating more homegrown veggies that includes cooking with Canna Coconut oil, Grapeseed oil and butter....ice cream and drinks will have to be studied. That's my goal....but first...

HEY Marijuana Passion !!! ...again

Search have U thought about micro greens - bean sprouts and such ? -- Micro greens are all the rage in fine dining places -- Then if they grow a little longer they call them baby greens !-- I've ran veggies DWC in used MMJ nute water -- I'm a water pharmer in Texas where they hunt our kind -- Anyway -- I'm planning a little commercial grow and I plan to repurpose my used nute water -- I brew some wine so I'm thinking about blueberries or some other fruit I can ferment -- Probably grow some veggies too -- Still trying to figure out the plumbing for such a system --

Make a cranbury bog and just flood it via a gavity flow system
I have always found blueberries thrive close to the waters edge
Search have U thought about micro greens - bean sprouts and such ? -- Micro greens are all the rage in fine dining places -- Then if they grow a little longer they call them baby greens !-- I've ran veggies DWC in used MMJ nute water -- I'm a water pharmer in Texas where they hunt our kind -- Anyway -- I'm planning a little commercial grow and I plan to repurpose my used nute water -- I brew some wine so I'm thinking about blueberries or some other fruit I can ferment -- Probably grow some veggies too -- Still trying to figure out the plumbing for such a system --

What I have in mind STIGGY is growing in 6 or 8 inch PVC pipe set at an angle so it will drain back into a low res under the pipe --I'll pump the nute water to the plants thru a feeder line out the res --I can drip or spray it into plants set in holes in the pipe with those clay balls in 4 or 6 inch aero baskets -- All the water enclosed -- Then with the 4 part rotation every 2 weeks I need to change the nute water in 2 of those 4 parts -- that'll give me a once a month res change -- I want to pump it from the res under the plants to some kind of holding tank out back -- Then when I harvest I can clean and refill that part of bloom and start a new cycle !-- Water can be scarce down here so I hate to waste it !-- I do make a fine blueberry wine ! - Maybe some container plants ?

What I have in mind STIGGY is growing in 6 or 8 inch PVC pipe set at an angle so it will drain back into a low res under the pipe --I'll pump the nute water to the plants thru a feeder line out the res --I can drip or spray it into plants set in holes in the pipe with those clay balls in 4 or 6 inch aero baskets -- All the water enclosed -- Then with the 4 part rotation every 2 weeks I need to change the nute water in 2 of those 4 parts -- that'll give me a once a month res change -- I want to pump it from the res under the plants to some kind of holding tank out back -- Then when I harvest I can clean and refill that part of bloom and start a new cycle !-- Water can be scarce down here so I hate to waste it !-- I do make a fine blueberry wine ! - Maybe some container plants ?
I actually picture that in my mind while readin
Sounds like a plan, I have seen some nice hydro setups using Pvc pipe with a flow .

diy_vert_test_4.JPG

With water it'll be PVC or plywood covered with that liquid plastics spray if I have to build it !- It would work the same way -- That pic is about what I had in mind but I'm a minimalist so just rows of PVC or wooden table ? -- I also had in mind keeping each pipe on it's own system -- I have one big combined res and bad stuff get in it I lose the whole crop --Keeping them separate I only lose what's in that pipe or row !--

Yeppers t
With water it'll be PVC or plywood covered with that liquid plastics spray if I have to build it !- It would work the same way -- That pic is about what I had in mind but I'm a minimalist so just rows of PVC or wooden table ? -- I also had in mind keeping each pipe on it's own system -- I have one big combined res and bad stuff get in it I lose the whole crop --Keeping them separate I only lose what's in that pipe or row !--
yeppers
That one was a fancy shiney one
I prfer wood over chrome anyday

IMG_6286.jpg

I made this several years ago , pumped water to top and it found its way back yo reservoir Made it for the missus vegies ,worked alright except the roots on the top eventually blocked the pipe starving the rest I rekon if I had of made it all out of 6 inch it would of worked a treat

LOL--I am not sure how many people there are now who remember Overgrow. I was devastated when Overgrow (and Heaven's Staircase) went down and looked for quite a while to find a new home. I ended up here. Glad you did, too.

QB--I did kind of like you. I built a set up like that for veggies--mainly lettuce and spinach. Like you I found that it didn't take long for the roots to absolutely fill the pipe and block off the water to the lower growing spots. I really never considered this for cannabis. Just not enough root room, even if you put them in when they are small and immature, the roots are going to be a mass that fills the pipe.

LOL--I am not sure how many people there are now who remember Overgrow. I was devastated when Overgrow (and Heaven's Staircase) went down and looked for quite a while to find a new home. I ended up here. Glad you did, too.

QB--I did kind of like you. I built a set up like that for veggies--mainly lettuce and spinach. Like you I found that it didn't take long for the roots to absolutely fill the pipe and block off the water to the lower growing spots. I really never considered this for cannabis. Just not enough root room, even if you put them in when they are small and immature, the roots are going to be a mass that fills the pipe.
there is a hydro shop over here that has every thing you can think of growing hydro even banana trees , all his tomato's grow in a simular set up with 6 inch pipe open at the top so he can trim the roots , his vegies are amazing

Search have U thought about micro greens

I'm a water pharmer in Texas where they hunt our kind --

blueberries--Probably grow some veggies too -- Still trying to figure out the plumbing for such a system --

absolutely on the micro greens..!!! I'll use a 4 tier shelf from Home Depot with shop-light cfls when I get that area together and add the 20amp wiring I plan also.

Fight the good water farmer fight Keef....and as for those Blueberries and fruits....How about Dutch Buckets ??

I'd was afraid to go to the local Hydro store -- This is a prohibition state -- I finally had to go see -- lt looks like a po-po trap to me but the guy checks out !-- Anyway -- My big Ole homemade aero cloners --That pump assembly goes in the box !--15 minutes on 15 off -- I grow in them too !-- Gotta build a new system for bloom !-- Nute water spray straight up fall back down for repeat trip -396 gph filtered pump make it rain in that box -- doesn't take long for the roots to reach the nute water in bottom of Box so it ends up being a hybrid DWC and Aero system --
20190207_130938.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I built mine and it is like this
Not doing much cloning anymore
Bucket_Cloner.JPG

Worked Good Plans from YouTube

Latest posts

Back