Back to square one

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hungarian Gypsy

Cosmo Kush is the best!
Reaction score
I've decided that the only thing to do is to put my plants back into the bathroom. There's a window, it's an ideal SMALL space, because it's small and I can use my space heater for the warmth they need. The regular 75 watt light bulb I was using in the closet was just a dumb idea. I've done it with CFL's in the bathroom before and had much better luck than in the closet. Yes, I have a large closet. So, the CFL's will go back into the bathroom also. The only reason I ever moved my plants in to the closet is because of the cats. My bathroom door is a folding door on tracks. I hate it! And yes, my cats have their claws, so they can open it easily. So I will have to rig up some kind of lock to keep them out. When $ is tight, you have to be creative. You just about have to rig everything when it comes to keeping animals away from your plants. I just regret making changes. I could probably have bud now, but because of certain obstacles (the cats), I made some very wrong moves. Back to square one......oh well. What can one do other than give up.............and I am a Taurus. We don't give up easily ;)

If your space is too cold, add more lights rather than a space heater.

Figure out how many lumens of light you have and then section off a space sized so you are adequately lit (3000 lumens per sq ft for vegging and 5000 lumens per sq ft for flowering).

The Hemp Goddess said:
If your space is too cold, add more lights rather than a space heater.

Figure out how many lumens of light you have and then section off a space sized so you are adequately lit (3000 lumens per sq ft for vegging and 5000 lumens per sq ft for flowering).

Hey Hemp!! Hope you are well today. I moved everything/one into the bathroom. As for now, I'm using a dome light with a CFL on one plant. It's not too cool in the room. In fact it's actually around 80 degrees. So, the heater is set on low. The light is about an inch away, no less, from the plant. There is natural sunlight, I'm keeping the bathroom light on and the door is cracked for air. The closet door which is on the other side of the bathroom is also cracked open for airflow. I have a fan on also. It's not IN the bathroom, It's near the door way. I've done vegging this way before and it worked. Oh, and I did some "cat proofing"..........I was so upset when I found that one little vegging plant all chewed up on the floor. I have 3 cats so I don't know which one of the little killers did it. Eh......no matter who it was, the deed was done and mommy (being me) was peed off. I'm looking into the lumens. I'm going to have to take the ceiling light dome off to see what kind of light is in it. Dad changed it last and I'm not sure what he used.

Oh yeah! One more thing I should have mentioned.......I live in a room over the garage with a bathroom and closet. That's all I have to work with. If this room were unoccupied with no A/C, and I had the money, I would be able to do sooooo much more and grow some mad bud!!!! :)

Roddy said:
No need for heater, I'd turn that off!

Much to my surprise, it wasn't even on. I'll leave it off. Just gonna use it for a shelf to put my kids on. :aok:

Latest posts

Back