Back yard threats!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Devilweed

Reaction score
We have resident Raccoons and dozens of cats, are those ever going to be a problem? Or any other backyard hazard that I may be neglecting?

SHIT! We have soo many cats on our block. I guess I have to put up some chicken wire.

what you need is a good dog ,,you can train it any way you want ,it will keep strangers away,it will never steel from you ,never rat on you ,and will kill that Raccoon and keep the cats away ,,,,i Recommend a female pit about 1 1/2 years old ,,,,anyway,PEACE,LOVE,RASTAFARI

rasta said:
i Recommend a female pit about 1 1/2 years old ,,,,anyway,PEACE,LOVE,RASTAFARI

I have a 1/2 boxer 1/2 pit. The mix is more calm of a dog around the house. but strangers are scared to death. he is about 1/4 bigger than a boxer and a pit. and has a growl that puts shivers up my back. Dogs are great.

i trust them more than i trust people ,,,have never been screwed over by one of my dogs ,can not say that about friends,relatives,co-workers ,only thing better then a dog is two dogs

A neighbor put some blood/bone meal on his plants in the backyard and his dog dug them up.

GanjaGuru said:
A neighbor put some blood/bone meal on his plants in the backyard and his dog dug them up.

Not the only animal that will dig up that mix in a garden. Thats an international broadcast to all omnivores and carnivores. "hey guys free food over here!!!!!" lol

When I lived near the San Fran Zoo, (excuse me, "the city"), I had a friend that worked in maintenance there.

He told me he'd give me some lion crap to make a "tea" from and to pour a boarder around my property. He said it doesn't take much or very often.

Well, I tried it and the results were mixed. No cats or dogs would cross the line. Neither would deer, rabbits or anything else that has a nose and can be eaten by a lion. That part was really cool.

However, in the evening and most of the night, every dog within 5 miles was howlin like crazy.

Went on like that for a couple of rains. Then the howling ceased and the animals still didn't cross the line.

Used to wonder if it would ATTRACT another lion. In the outskirts of SF, they still see a mountain lion once in awhile.

Might have been dumping my garbage and get eaten.

I think I should have told the guy that bought the place from me...

He's gonna get one hell of a surprise if a lion ever gets out of the zoo and boogies to over to his house!

about 2 years ago my neighbor bought a english bulldog he had a 3 foot plant and did not use anything but miracle grow 2 weeks later and his dog ate the crap out of the plant and it sat under the shade tree rest of the day until the owner came home to beat the crap out of him and gave him away. also dogs and cats both will piss on them as a matter of fact 2 days ago my other neighbor with about 8 cats shit between his mater plants and his marijuana plant and did not attemp to bury it . all animals are unpreditable period .........

ps there no lions in chicago ill . so i dont think any dogs or cats in that vicinity would know what lion dung would be and most likely be curious and check it out. my beagles would probably eat it like they do there own sometimes . but stoney that would probably be a great idea in the states with lions . devil weed i would recomend steal traps or an electric fence.sorry stoney wasnt trying to ditch your idea it would probably work well in the western hemispere .

hey skunk whats up,,,my dog has never pissed on my plants and if one of my dogs ever ate shit ,i would get ride of it ,thats just plan nasty ,,dogs are just like children,,its all in how you raise them,,be well rasta

skunk said:
ps there no lions in chicago ill . so i dont think any dogs or cats in that vicinity would know what lion dung would be and most likely be curious and check it out. my beagles would probably eat it like they do there own sometimes . but stoney that would probably be a great idea in the states with lions . devil weed i would recomend steal traps or an electric fence.sorry stoney wasnt trying to ditch your idea it would probably work well in the western hemispere .
Ewwwww, your dogs eat crap? Bad Breath to the max. Don't be tryin to lick me.....

Ha, the lion thing seems to be a natural instinct to stay away from big cats. Even the wild dogs around my area wouldn't cross the line. Some of em would "sneak" up on it and sniff. If I made a noise, they'd crap theirselfs and run like the devil was after them.

I still wonder if any lions ever came by. Oh shit!

rasta for some reason im not sure of but my beagles and my neighbors beagles do eat shit. donno why but it is very nasty. maybe because there in kennels and are bored . but they are akc registered out of chapion bluetick blood line and are very well taken care of (food,shots,wormed ,ect,ect) maybe american kennel club was lying to me and they are really shit eaters .lol

stoney i was just tryin to be logical about it but it maybe natural to em donno . someone would just have to try it in areas where they arent any lions . and did you say you wanted my dogs to lick you lol eeeeeeeeeewwwwwww i dont even let em do that.

skunk said:
stoney i was just tryin to be logical about it but it maybe natural to em donno . someone would just have to try it in areas where they arent any lions . and did you say you wanted my dogs to lick you lol eeeeeeeeeewwwwwww i dont even let em do that.
No lions in my part of town now! Ha! The gators would eat em. I should get some more lion crap.....Naw, I'll pass. Hhahahahahaahaha

No, I don't let dogs lick me. It's probably not a health concern as much as a memory thing. I remember what they were licking last...No thanks.

I've heard there are a few in these parts :p..and I've personally used the "Tea" effectively against the herbivores in my area.
Ain't they purty?

hick are you crazy or somen or did you not take them pics ? i dont think i would be standing under them like that with a camera . only if i have me 12 gauge.

Aahhh come on now skunk, their just like overgrown housecats. A saucer of warm milk and a scratch on the belly and they turn into warm and fuzzy, huggable li'l creatures. Much like campground bears..:p

Latest posts

Back