Bad Ballast

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

buddog

Reaction score
What to do i am 3 weeks into veg. And my ballast when out!!!!!!! :holysheep: I do not have another ballast to run light i put a 75 watt bulb inside hood for some light to keep them alive now they are starting to stretch. I already have new ballast coming. Would i be better off to turn light off for a day or two until new ballast gets here.

I would run out to Home Depot and pick up a 100 watt CFL and cord. Probably get it for 20 bucks or so. That will hold you over. You did not tell your space size or what type of bulb the 75 watt is. If it is CFL, it should be okay for a couple of days.

don't turn off the lights or they will switch over to flowering and if they are from seed and haven't matured and/or you switch them back to full light, it will cause them major stress. If you know that you are going to be a few days before you get the balast then get you some more CFL bulbs in the highest blue spectrum and put them as close as you can without touching. Go to the hardware store and get the highest wattage yu can find in the high blue spectrum.

It depends on how big your space is as to how many you need. If you can get like 100w(actual not equivelent) then get at least 4 of them. that will hold you until yu can get the other one back up.

Yeah, you can veg entirely with cfl's. You can get a 2 pack of 100 watt equivalent bulbs and a fixture for less then $20. You could use that alone to veg one plant for 4 or 5 weeks if you had to.

Latest posts

Back