Bag Seed Babies!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Im sure a pure spirited woman like you ages very well anyway . Its a pleasure to meet you :)

AC I am glad others hve chimed in here....I was worried you wld think me and Nchef were picking on ya....:)

Bottom line is it is your show to run how you see fit...we are just trying to spit out some info and knowledge we hve been lucky to learn while here. This site is more geared towards teaching and learning. That is why I call it home.

Hamster Lewis said:
AC I am glad others hve chimed in here....I was worried you wld think me and Nchef were picking on ya....:)

Bottom line is it is your show to run how you see fit...we are just trying to spit out some info and knowledge we hve been lucky to learn while here. This site is more geared towards teaching and learning. That is why I call it home.

...and this is why I also love the opportunity to speak my side and develop the future of our hobby for the better. I dont feel threatened by facts or opinions. We are all here for the same purpose, may as well argue about it, and prove our points. :cool:

We are after all one big family.

Well to recap, for the first week I simply had my babies in a 10" pot about 3-4 inches from the top of the pot unfortunately since I ran out of recyclable soil to use (from some other plants we have ;) ) I didnt PH it, I added some dead sticks and things from outside to give it some airy-ness, and in they went. Seeds in sprouts out. The growth you see if from about 1 week above ground. Some are looking better than others as you can see but they all have potential so lets not belittle them.

Today before work I went to Lows got 2 more 23W CFLs, 2 more Y adapters, and a bottle of fish emulsion.

I watered them thoroughly with: 1 gallon of tap water (6.5-7 avg PH), 1/2 tsp of fish emulsion, 1/2 tsp of mollases. I also took a rolaids that contains around 500mg Calcium Carbonate and around 150mg Magnesium-something-oxide. Broke the rolaids up and added it to some hot water stirred and crushed it in the water. Let sit and filtered out all of the solids left behind. Poured water into feed water. Watered plants.

Then since the soil was nice and wet, I went ahead and got each baby from its soil/rootball and got em out, mixed the recycled soil I had 50/50 with the MG Organic soil, put a layer on the bottom of some gravel, not from the driveway or anything, from behind the shed next the the yard where no oil or things like that could be on it. Let the gravel sit in hot water and hand agitated to loosen up dirt and stuff leaving behind nice clean stone. Who knows how well it will work at drainage/water retention/air retention for the soil but something tells me it will do alot better than just soil with no perlite or anything. Plus there are still plenty of broken twigs and things still in the mix to keep it loose.

Next I got them back into the pot. Filled around them with soil, got them nice and spaced so they get all benefit from the light and are not too close to each other, at least for another week until I get the lighting more spaced and get them all into their own pots. Then flowering shouldnt be too far from this. I want to make sure they go into a great soil blend to flower with bloom nutes. This way the soil is fresh and not tainted with vegging nutes.

Then I gave em a good foliar spray to clean off dirt and debris, tops and bottoms of leaves so the tops can absorb light and the bottoms can absorb air, without dirt clogging it up.

Finally gave em a quick haircut and their ready for Grandmas house.

So heres a quick rundown.

1. The closet. You can see what I mean about two spaces with a shelf in the middle.
2. The side of the room I am using since it has a lower hanger bar.
3. This is my basic setup for now just to get em going. It has all the basic but will be getting completed with the next couple days. New pics then too.
4. These are the bag seed babies. Nothing too fancy just kickin it.
5. Same shot but overhead.
6. These are the two biggest and fastest growing, they all came from the same bag and have had identical conditions since put in the ground so IDK maybe future males?
7. This is the one I was talking about, she just wants a hug, and she doesnt seem to be too anxious to put out her high finger count leaves yet. As long as she is in fact a she I dont mind her taking her time.
8. This is one of the runts in the bunch. I really dont want to think that they have any neglect that would extend beyond neglect or ignorance all the others have faced.
9. The second runt. Same scenario.

Hope you guys enjoy the slight update!

Closet.png

FutureGrowRoom.png

TheBasicSetupSoFar.png

TheLineUp.png

LineUpOverhead.png

TheTwoBiggest.png

TheLovableOne.png

Runt#1.png

Runt#2.png

Dude I didn't read your huge post so I don't know what your plans are!! BUT I would get them in individual pots FAST,,, Those will be so tangled in a few days you will have to grow them that way or really damage the root system when transplanting.

lol that big fan is just a little over kill!,,lol

LMAO I knew that fan would raise an eybrow see what I did was have it facing the other way at first just to circulate air and pull heat away from it, now that they are alot sturdier and more lights are in there, I pointed it towards to compensate. The fan is set on its lowest setting which isnt very powerful, and its only temporary, one thing to remeber is that I havent enclosed the actual growing space yet, so the whole closet is open inside I wanted to keep a fan strong enough to circulate with good pressure througout the closet. Once I enclose it all, I will have a circulation fan and exhaust 24 hrs a day. Thanks to some advice.

I hear you on the one pot thing. They will be going into new pots next watering or maybe next feed.

Oh yea I forgot to mention, pictures may speak a thousand words, but a thousand words state a point perfectly.

Read the log and next time you'll know exactly whats going on. Thank you for your comments though.

Some folks cut the fan leaves in half when cloning, to aid in dehydration. Cutting them off seedlings only shocks, damages, and inhibits growth. IMO/E.
Rolaids?? did they have indigestion?? Maybe some Flintstone chewables next time??.. ;)
IMO You really should just get some 'quality' "plant" nutrients, designed and formulated for plants utilization.
Every time you handle, transplant, muck with them you're slowing their progress, stunting their growth, and risking stress and damage.

Hick said:
chewy.. don't patronize me! :mad:... it's beneath you...:rofl:...

j/k my friend ;)
Hick I wouldn't patronize u,LOL all jokes aside I believe whatever u say when it comes to growing

Hick said:
Some folks cut the fan leaves in half when cloning, to aid in dehydration. Cutting them off seedlings only shocks, damages, and inhibits growth. IMO/E.
Rolaids?? did they have indigestion?? Maybe some Flintstone chewables next time??.. ;)
IMO You really should just get some 'quality' "plant" nutrients, designed and formulated for plants utilization.
Every time you handle, transplant, muck with them you're slowing their progress, stunting their growth, and risking stress and damage.

Indisgestion :D, lmao but hey thanks for the flintstones idea, I mean really the same idea went into the rolaids thing. I havent bought any real nutes yet beacuse I dont really need them yet. Here within a couple weeks for sure but not just yet.

Also the whole reasoning for clipping the fan leaves back is to allow for what nutrients they are asking for to go to the middle of the plant and so it doesnt branch as much. Well actually it will branch more, but trimming them back towards the stalk will just condense the plant. Look at bonsai trees, yea maybe they went through added stress With the space I have Im most likely going to lollipop em so trimming them to stimulate center growth and bushiness is what Im after.

As far as the transplanting I understand completely, and they will be going into their own homes very soon. just wanna get another light set up just like the one you see so I can span light up to about 2 sq ft. Then they can all still get the intensity they need.

The trick with CFLs is keeping em close to the top, and then once they grow taller, keep the top light, and also keep a bulb really close to the big fan leaves on the bottom. They are basically solar panels, and since it is a large leaf gathering a good amount of light it will continue to photosynthesize energy for the entire plant.

Once flowering starts however the light has to be really intense on the tops, but having a good intense light hitting fan leaves on the bottom is good, since the further into flowering you lose good leaves at the top, but the buds still collect the light.

LMFAO,,Too Much reading for me!!! I'll just check the pics out thats all I need to know whats going on right then and there,,,A pic shows what your REALITY at the moment really is!! LOL Ppl can type till they are Blue in the face and say Anything....Good Luck though

BudLover#69 said:
LMFAO,,Too Much reading for me!!! I'll just check the pics out thats all I need to know whats going on right then and there,,,A pic shows what your REALITY at the moment really is!! LOL Ppl can type till they are Blue in the face and say Anything....Good Luck though

Touche'

im not being mean but from what ive seen, seperate! dont clip leaves! they will grow good. @ week 4-5 the top them if u want, that will put the growth down low to the other branches to make them bushy. good luck and keep reading & asking questions

Ruffy said:
im not being mean but from what ive seen, seperate! dont clip leaves! they will grow good. @ week 4-5 the top them if u want, that will put the growth down low to the other branches to make them bushy. good luck and keep reading & asking questions

yeah your deff right about the separation. They are going to need it soon. However with toopping wi would worry about the plants branching and going sideways, I only have 6 sq ft hoping for 5-6 fems if I get my babies from the outside in (I know pests too), what Im looking for is bushiness and one main cola bud.

I dont know why some people shun this thought. Has no one ever seen pics?

Also the whole reasoning for clipping the fan leaves back is to allow for what nutrients they are asking for to go to the middle of the plant and so it doesnt branch as much. Well actually it will branch more, but trimming them back towards the stalk will just condense the plant.

So which is it?? "so it doesn't branch".. or "it will actually branch more" ??
it removes their ability to photosynthesize. And forces them to use more energy trying to reproduce them. They NEED those leaves in order to metabolize.

I dont know why some people shun this thought. Has no one ever seen pics?

I think there are a few here that do a form of SOG at least.(small, single cola plants, grown close together) But SOG is best performed with cuttings. Cuttings that are mature and ready to flower, that are not vegged for an extensive period, and will all grow and perform 'at least' close to the same. A SOG from seed is going to give you headaches, me thinks.

Hick said:
So which is it?? "so it doesn't branch".. or "it will actually branch more" ??
it removes their ability to photosynthesize. And forces them to use more energy trying to reproduce them. They NEED those leaves in order to metabolize.

I think there are a few here that do a form of SOG at least.(small, single cola plants, grown close together) But SOG is best performed with cuttings. Cuttings that are mature and ready to flower, that are not vegged for an extensive period, and will all grow and perform 'at least' close to the same. A SOG from seed is going to give you headaches, me thinks.

Okay fair enough. The lot of grows I have seen were SOG. Although I have seen as many SOG from seed too. The thing is I will flower based on size not plant age.

Im sorry if how I explain myself doesnt always make sense Im a fast thinker and even faster typer. I have prob edited every post on this site so far. lol.

I dont want it to branch sideways as in I dont want the branches to go out and up. When you knock back a leaf you stimulate the growth at the stalk meaning the new growth from the top and stimulate growth where the leaf split from the stalk, bud sites I guess would be the best term. So if I trim a little hear and there, not alot, not often but keep them pushing for the branching with me just knocking it back again.

Maybe it will work maybe it wont. I have trimmed many a plant and they did just fine. Maybe not as well as you or some others could have done it, and I understand you want me to have the best possible.

I appreciate this the most. I really do and I think some members think I just want to argue. I DONT. I just want to be involved and show the world my style. Im sorry if Im not 100% correct every post, but after all this is all fake isnt it?

I just want to go ahead and thank all those who have taken a look, and cared enough to call me out, its those who do this who truly care and I know this.

AC I appreciate your participation.. :) Sometimes your posts seem confusing,.. or confused! :p it's all good ;)

that said. Plants from seed "must" reach a stage of 'sexual maturity', before they WILL flower. (i.e. you "can't" flower by size, they "must" be allowed to mature to that crucial "age")
That is why SOG is usually performed with clones. They are sexually mature, and ready for flower.
If you cut the hours to 12/12 on a plant fro seed that is 'not' sexually mature, you only induce a lot of stretch, which is not what you want in a SOG...'IMO'...

Hick said:
AC I appreciate your participation.. :) Sometimes your posts seem confusing,.. or confused! :p it's all good ;)

that said. Plants from seed "must" reach a stage of 'sexual maturity', before they WILL flower. (i.e. you "can't" flower by size, they "must" be allowed to mature to that crucial "age")
That is why SOG is usually performed with clones. They are sexually mature, and ready for flower.
If you cut the hours to 12/12 on a plant fro seed that is 'not' sexually mature, you only induce a lot of stretch, which is not what you want in a SOG...'IMO'...

Yeah your right its always been one of those things that hang over me, I mean I have harvested plants from seed that only went for 18/6 or 24/0 with maybe 2-3 weeks of veg and they went to 12/12. Were not talking about Grade A ish, but they did what they had to do.

At this point the babies nodes on are spaced about 1/8 to 1/4 inch and I have my bulbs about an inch from them. They dont really seem to want to go sideways either, they just want to bush. The growth for the branches is already showing on the stalks. The babies are only about an inch or so still and they are working on their 4th nodes coming out the top.

So when should I 12/12 it? This round I am not going so much for ready to smoke in X days, more or less wanna give em all the time they need. Still within the usual timeframe however.

Thanks again guys!

If you follow the rules of most here you will wait until they show alternating nodes and pre-flowers and then change to 12/12. This can take at least 6 weeks.
If space is a problem or you want to fasten up the grow you can change after 3 weeks, but you will suffer in yield and perhaps in female ratio.
If you wait for pre-flowers you will have to do something to control growth like top and lst.

Latest posts

Back