Bag Seed Babies!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yea I fear what you guys are saying. Ill be getting something new going. I wanted to wait to buy some good pots but you know what I am talking about getting ready to start cutting up some milk jugs and what not, cutting drainage holes and fillin em up. I need to get em in there own pots I know I didnt even mean for it to last this long.

jbyrd said:
I've read books too...lol. Two paragraphs above the one you quoted in MJ Botany:

Everything you've posted references outdoor, natural plant cycles. That's why we grow indoors and control our environment, so we can control and bend these cycles. I'm sorry, but we'll just have to agree to disagree on this one until my current run finishes, at which point I will grow one 12/12 from seed and journal it just to show you it can be done. A total waste of a seed, but what heck. It's all for learning and showing people what this wonderful plant can do.

Don't believe everything you read in a book. I've been growing this plant a long time and have seen many contradictions to books.

AC, the vibes are great man :) I love discussions about MJ and I'm not sitting here angrily typing away. I just hope that's the same for others. I didn't join MP to be a jerk, I joined to make more friends and share some knowledge. Now I'm done buggering up your journal with this discussion. lol.
" I've been growing this plant a long time"...(probably not the best card to pull ;))
hmmm I've been growing since 1980 ;). I have "several" hundred plants under my belt, both ID and out.
Sure you find 'contradicting' info' in various books, but you 'won't' find much incorrect or mythical info' in Clarkes book.

Do you think that in 30 years, I never had seedlings under 12/12?..
I "know" you can grow from seed 12/12. But Clark ha explained it, and explained it quite well in the text that "I" quoted above. In the same context where he was speaking of both supplementing light, AND blackout curtains in greenhouses. Hardly "references outdoor, natural plant cycles"...
"the older a plant, the greater its potential to produce THC."......."When old enough they begin flowering immediately, possibly because they haven’t built up as many long-day floral inhibitors. "

Your quote came from where he was talking about flower maturation and thc content/production. "forcing, accelerating flowering once they have reached sexual maturity.

I know mj "can" be grown 12/12 from seed. Of course it can. So 'your anecdotal' evidence that they will grow and flower under those hours is a mute point. It does not dismiss the fact that they "must" reach sexual maturity before they can flower. Be it 3 weeks or 8 weeks.

It does not dismiss the fact that they "must" reach sexual maturity before they can flower. Be it 3 weeks or 8 weeks.

:yeahthat: Yet to have any start flowering from a seedling yet. For me it's always been 4 weeks min. from seed cracking. Shows that there has to be a albiet short but bare min. vegetative state. Every living thing has it's life cycle. Gestation, birth, growth, reproduction, death. just the way it is. Don't need a book when the evidence is all around me. We can manipulate the timeline and even reverse the end stage on some of em, but really everything has this cycle and sooner or later the end comes. Even moms kept under 24/0 light sooner or later bites the dust. ;)

Botany 101-

There are basically 3 stages in a plant evocation:

1. Juvenille Vegetative (not competent to flower)
2. Adult Vegetative (competent or able to flower)
3. Adult reproductive (flower)

Once past the embryonic stage, a plant must go through the juvenille vegetative stage to accumulate mass before it can flower, regardless of environmental factors. Size has more impact than actual age, so a well grown plant will have the ability to flower sooner, but the process must still follow it's natural course.

Lol....I can't believe this is still being argued over.....anyone who has grown MJ 12-12 from seed knows the truth. It will not flower till it is mature enough...period.

Now if you want to only give your growing plant 12 hours of light a day during it's vegetative period don't be surprised when the guy giving his plant 24 hours or 20 or 18 or 16....well you get the point...has a better vegged plant. You are asking for unwanted stretch in my opinion.

Please by all means argue all you need to. If someone reads this log by the time its done and never has to read about growing MJ again my job has been done even if I didnt do much myself other than fuel the fire lmao. j/k

I think Im on the fence about it. The plant will not just sprout with pistils and ready to get busy but it will however begin to want to. Given a couple weeks it should begin to show it. However 12/12 from seed can do just fine. Its been done.

Ill tell you what for how small they are they are already starting to stink.

It was some good ish I took the seed from and the seeds where actually very healthy. Hopefully this is an indication of things to come.

Hick said:
" I've been growing this plant a long time"...(probably not the best card to pull ;))
hmmm I've been growing since 1980 ;). I have "several" hundred plants under my belt, both ID and out.
Sure you find 'contradicting' info' in various books, but you 'won't' find much incorrect or mythical info' in Clarkes book.

Do you think that in 30 years, I never had seedlings under 12/12?..
I "know" you can grow from seed 12/12. But Clark ha explained it, and explained it quite well in the text that "I" quoted above. In the same context where he was speaking of both supplementing light, AND blackout curtains in greenhouses. Hardly "references outdoor, natural plant cycles"...
"the older a plant, the greater its potential to produce THC."......."When old enough they begin flowering immediately, possibly because they haven’t built up as many long-day floral inhibitors. "

Your quote came from where he was talking about flower maturation and thc content/production. "forcing, accelerating flowering once they have reached sexual maturity.

I know mj "can" be grown 12/12 from seed. Of course it can. So 'your anecdotal' evidence that they will grow and flower under those hours is a mute point. It does not dismiss the fact that they "must" reach sexual maturity before they can flower. Be it 3 weeks or 8 weeks.

It was not a card, looks like someone else is as old as I am ;)

I think my point was lost in all this discussion, my post that started this was in reference to THG's post regarding that you can not force flower a seedling. If you wait until a seedling is 'sexually mature', then you are looking at a minimum of 4 - 8 weeks, if you pop a bean and go right to 12/12 and said bean starts showing pre-flowers in 2 - 3 weeks, have you not forced flower? Did you not force the plant to mature in a hurried manner? I've done it, seen it and nothing in a book written in 1981 is going to tell me that it's not possible as I've witnessed it happen.

Also - Just want to make sure that you know I'm not condoning this method, take a look at my grow and you'll see that I give a damn good veg time as I understand the payoff. I just can't sit and read that something can't happen when I've seen it with my own one eye (old accident..lol).

Hey AC its been over 30 days from your last pics, lets see how there doing.

Roddy said:
LMAO....muting, mooting....it's all moot, my friend!

:rofl: lol! hahaha! :rofl: lets zee zose zexy goilz, ya?

Growdude said:
Hey AC its been over 30 days from your last pics, lets see how there doing.

I don't think he hangs here anymore....since that big blow up he had.

Latest posts

Back