Bag Seed Bonanza!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

naturalhi

Hang in there!
Reaction score
For those who think the only way to get good mj is to spend big bucks on seeds heres 30 little ladies all from bag seed;

2ndgro06_3.JPG

2ndgro0600061.JPG

2ndgro0600021.JPG

Real Nice NaturalHi, that monkey looks real happy in there amongst the best smelling jungle in the world...lol....I also have a beautiful bagseed lady going in my room....Peace Out and GG

Dilla, Thats me working in the jungle Ha!

GT, Sounds like you're bound to pay for seeds when they're everywhere free. As to strains, they're getting rather inbred, before the poo poo, I'll explain; imagine every grower of seeds wants to make their own special "mix" for this it doesn't matter. anywho they might experiment and not get the perfect mix they wanted you think they throw the seeds away? If you do your niave, and on it goes the one got those seeds mixes with someone elses etc.etc.etc..

The quality? From what I've gotten from the CCs around here, what's in those pics is better than 80% of what's there is and I've been out there a long time.

"Dr?" can you learn also? You may but can you?

Yo Doc,
I created a thread just for these "inferior bagseeds". I know I'd be honored to have you post in that thread just search "bagseed" you'll find it. Great genetics are great, but the *** strain is a personal grow. Its personal because you know you put hard work into a seed and hoped for the best, and that seed rewarded ya. Grow on brother Grow on. ;)

Mutt, I read that very good! You said what I was getting at that somebody somewhere bought the seed that that made the plant that deposited a seed in my bag! does that make the seed I planted inferrior in some way? DNA should be same same except for the daddy, and he might have been hermied from next door, which begs the question; if a hermie from one plant makes it with the girl next door, what happens then?

Welp, I am a proponent of great genetics, and I believe if you are growing the progeny from a Cannibus Cup winner, your chances of growing incredibly stony weed increase.

Nothing can replace good growing technique, so the dudes with skillz will both grow nice looking plants. How each plant reaches its potential is huge, natch... but in the end I believe equal skillz will then defer to the better parentage.

Not bagging on your grow, because those plants look very well cared for. You might do a side by side with some great seeds or clones from a well-known mother...

We did a cross on my last grow and we'll have some seed, but it's like dog breeding; we knew where the 3 strains we were mixing up (KRRS x Rosetta Stone x Kali Mist).

I think you can get lucky and get some great bagseed but the reverse could be true as well.

naturalhi said:
Dilla, Thats me working in the jungle Ha!

GT, Sounds like you're bound to pay for seeds when they're everywhere free. As to strains, they're getting rather inbred, before the poo poo, I'll explain; imagine every grower of seeds wants to make their own special "mix" for this it doesn't matter. anywho they might experiment and not get the perfect mix they wanted you think they throw the seeds away? If you do your niave, and on it goes the one got those seeds mixes with someone elses etc.etc.etc..

The quality? From what I've gotten from the CCs around here, what's in those pics is better than 80% of what's there is and I've been out there a long time.

"Dr?" can you learn also? You may but can you?

That is one sweet bunch of bagseeds. Props to the growers skills.

BUT, Why then, would the "top breeders" go through such pains growing out huge numbers and endure years with a tedious selection process?..
THAT is the reason your 'bagseeds' are what they are today, and not "hemp". Random pollination and "closet" breeders have those breeders to thank for the quality genetics that they have to play with today.
Don't get me wrong, I'm in favor of personal growers makeing seeds. Especially if they empliment a selection process, and pass them along freely to prospective growers. The more that grow, the more that know. But to say, think or imply that bagseeds are the same quality genetics as seeds from a top respectable breeder, might also be percieved as "niave".

Hick said:
The more that grow, the more that know. But to say, think or imply that bagseeds are the same quality genetics as seeds from a top respectable breeder, might also be percieved as "niave".

;)

I totally agree that starting with a great genetic cannot be compared. I just hate to see (and I see it on the WWW all the time). Somebody growing bagseed "put down a little" because they are not growing a "known" strain. Before the WWW I woulda never had access to these good strains. and Bagseed kept me goin for a loooong time.
But I do totally agree that if your breeding. Good strains from breeders is a must to start out with. but if growing your own bud for personal use. Its all about the novelty and excitment. IMHO.

Mutt said:
I totally agree that starting with a great genetic cannot be compared. I just hate to see (and I see it on the WWW all the time). Somebody growing bagseed "put down a little" because they are not growing a "known" strain. Before the WWW I woulda never had access to these good strains. and Bagseed kept me goin for a loooong time.
But I do totally agree that if your breeding. Good strains from breeders is a must to start out with. but if growing your own bud for personal use. Its all about the novelty and excitment. IMHO.

I'm not here to diss anyone or their grow. Sounded to me like someone got a little offended to what I posted so I removed it. Guess you cant disagree with anyone.

I thought I would turn this post around with some pics of my bagseed beauty, it came from a bag of regs. Hey NaturalHi once again those babies are beautiful, my girl can only hope to compare, she is now about 4 weeks into 12/12...Hope you Enjoy:D

P1000750.JPG

P1000751.JPG

P1000752.JPG

P1000753.JPG

I hope my post wasn't offensive to anyone, it wasn't meant to be.
I grew with "bagseed" for 15 yrs, and grew some killer plants. I meant no disrespect. I wasn't putting anyone or their grow down. There is absolutely nothing wrong with growing bagseeds. And many times the "hybrid vigor" will produce exceptional plants.
The point I was attempting to convey, was that without those breeders going to such lengths to establish high quality, stable strains, your bagseeds would be crap. Don't think so?..try growing some bagseeds out of a bag of mexican brick for a few generations. There's a poduct that's been grown for generations without any purposefull selection or breeding. Open, random pollination. "DirtWeed"
I'm not particularly fond of the prices that seedbanks and breeders seem to think their wares are worthy of, but many have put years of intense labor and love into the creations that they are selling. For that, I think they deserve our thanks and respect.

Yeah Hick......... I am going to Colombia in a few mo, and most of the weed there is total crap. Yes there is some 'better' grade weed, and of course the elusive hydro (which I've never seen, even from my friends who live there), but most crap. I think you could not grow anything but low grade herb from those seeds.

Now, you get a bag of some good green and you don't get herm'd seed you might have a chance of some good genetics, but it's like Hick said, the reason more likely than not it's because that herb was a product of good breeding.

Dudes! As I've said before I'm trying to help the newbies, what with the nutes and soil and this and that and DNA. They get confused and dazed and dazed n confused. :confused:

I'm trying to show them one doesn't have to be Dr. Greatgrower to get a good crop, after all isn't that the way the pros want it? example: Most ever body eats at home, but if you want something special you go buy it right? :p

In conclusion, so we "hopfully" don't have this conversation again. I'm versed in most elements of growing and prosessing, but of course there are some Q's that come up. like when do ya know when you're 2 weeks from harvest?
The point is most growers on the 4 deifferent forums I'm subscribed to don't know or care about DNA CO2 gens etc. We don't want to scare children off from growing in the dirt, I noticed a show on tv last night more people are concerned that kids arn't connected to the soil any more if this continues whose going to grow in the future,if they're all scared off by details! :confused:

As much as I love debating I love giving simple anwsers to growing Q's and if possible make them humorous which is more conducive to learning! Hmmm, Dry facts or funny Orang, you decide :D

399166698.JPG

1919839198.JPG

How about we stop all the debating...I think everyone understands that buying seeds from a breeder that implements quality standards on genetics, conditions, etc. is going to be better then a seed you pulled from a bag. I am sure that there are instances that you will have both good and bad experience from bagseed and least I have so far in just my first 2 grows. There is also no doubt that you could harvest quality potent bud from bagseed but if you are looking for high end quailty genetics then you should buy from a known quality seed bank especially if looking to breed yourself or if your growing fo medicinal purposes.

Really I am just more posting on behalf of my bagseed beauty whose feelings have been hurt by the fact that no one has complemented her. You all know woman they need ther complements....LOL...

Everyone brought up good points in this thread....Now lets have naturalhi post some pics of his beautiful bagseed garden!!!

Peace Out and Bless

Ok, there are pics at top but I'll put more now then take some this evening.

Darn! didn't intend to get such hubbub over a few seeds, Tempest in a teacup?

For those who like overbreeding, remember Petey? that cute little yorkshire terrior (I think) on the little rascals movies from way back when.

remember how much fun the kids had with him? Overbreeding has changed that line to a puppy who eats kids:rolleyes: Not nearly as much fun as Mutts:p
right Mutt?

There's no accounting for taste. Actually I'd rather have good old fashioned mj that let one feel this way or that through an entire spectrum of emotions. Now one might say that NH doesn't have the smarts to know good from bad, we live right here in downtown Mendocino County, California where all is possible. The only antimj folks we worry about is feds. I said all that to say all this: I've used every strain comes by and learned that one's favorite is anothers trash.

As far as bag seeds go I'm referring to the seeds received in some outdoor grow of, say, blueberry that was cloned from a seed someone bought from a producer of seeds, that happened to catch a few spores from the neighbor 'boy' who was also cloned etc.etc. both DNA were superior as to some of this threads addamant contributions. My Q is how did 2 superior DNAs become inferior somehow, thats the bagseed I use.

Just took some early cuttings and dried them in a Ronco Dehydrator, no sh*t found one at thrift store! a couple of hours and you're ready to smoke! Oh dear I hear then descention building already now you noticed I didn't say this is a curing method although ED mentions them as being a good way to dry no just a quick way to test the crop. I'm happy to say that this crop will exceed my first grow in potency and effects.

There is a problem though if any of ya remember how I pool grew this crop, it turns out that the kush are not getting fed properly and the sativa are flurishing, my idea is that the kush dig deeper for nutes and there aren't any where they're looking, it's only one grow and I will change things the next grow. If anybody has a 5' semi ridgid kiddy pool ya don't need ship it to me as it's getting to late in the season to find one maybe!

For the average joe this thread hopefully showed you that things and seeds don't have to be perfect to be wonderfully high. Thats what kept me from growin my own for many years, there is no secret formula " Grass grows any where between the arctic circles and 40F-125F and according to one thread (don't know which forum just thoght this was funny) dinosuars cultivated it! so it's been around a long time. So perfection is nice but not neccessary for growing great pot .

2ndgro06_3.JPG

2ndgro06_4.JPG

2ndgro06_10.JPG

2ndgro06_14.JPG

2ndgro061_9.JPG

K about a hour when they wake up and float down I'll try to sneak up on a couple of them, much bigger than a babies arm holding an apple! WEeeeelll would you believe.......

Here's some close ups, there are several experiments going on like the tilted one is proving that I was wrong along with about 5 others on another forum. There's a pic of the twins. Then there's the hungry one, which answers a potting no no that no body could tell me why not, true to my nature I did it. Oh yeah and the other is so excited she stuck her face in the sun.

2gr83063201.JPG

2gr83063202.JPG

2gr830632011.JPG

2gr83063205.JPG

lookin great. ill have to admit, i am a bit jealous! though it does make me feel a bit better about my bagseed grow. keep it up!

Latest posts

Back