bagseed + CFL + inexperienced grower

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shadoed

peeking out
Reaction score
Greetings to all and I'd like to say thanks to everybody who asks and answers questions. Without people like you then people like me probably wouldn't stand a chance at this. We'd have to re-invent the wheel for everything. I read every MJ board I can find and this one seems to be one of the few that gives the straight scoop and any ** is quickly corrected. It constantly amazes me how much contradictory and flat-out wrong info gets touted as the truth on some of the other boards. Anyway, it's a huge help to be able to get reliable info, and thanks to all for spreading it.

The pix are the result of my 1st grow. The last one shows the scale, lol. I probably made every newb mistake in the book, starting from 9.6 pH water (and not measuring it until nearly the end) plus the wrong (pre-fertilized) soil. etc.

The only newb mistake I don't think I did was overwatering. I read early on that overwatering was one of the most common beginner mistakes, so I never did that one, ha.

The lights used were cheapie wally world cfls in bell reflectors; woefully inadequate. I did use the Fox Farms trio of Grow Big, Big Bloom and Tiger Bloom, which may account for the reasonable results for a first-timer. Also added some FF ChaChing near the end. From three plants I ended up with almost 2 oz. of pretty decent bud, definitely better than the weed the seeds came with.

Luckily I learn. I already have some FF Ocean Forest soil lined up for the next time, and I have a 400W HPS light on the way to help the ladies fill out. I'm hoping the next pix will reflect this!

DSC0139jj2_lo.jpg

DSC01398ll_lo.jpg

DSC01459dd_lo.jpg

DSC01409d_lo.jpg

First let me say that's a pretty good grow for using cfl's and the bud doesn't look bad either. If you can do this with cfl's wait until you get that HPS going your gonna really have some nice buds. Congrats on your harvest and enjoy. Look foward to your next grow. ;)

Thanks TBG. One of the biggest questions I had during this grow was how long to leave the plants in veg. I have seen advice that said to veg for 4 weeks and no longer and I've seen some that said you must wait for the alternating branching to show. I think I may have left mine in veg too long, although I did see alternating branching on all 3 plants prior to flowering. Mine were in veg a little over 6 weeks because I was waiting for the alternating branches.

I think I understand if you are using clones you can veg for a shorter period of time, but I'll be starting from seed again, so I'd appreciate something definite if anybody wants to comment.

Almost forgot---- does anybody want to take a stab at identifying the strain?

Latest posts

Back