Bagseed making a run for it!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here are my babies at day 28. They have already started showing roots out of their new pots and time for bigger ones. Feeding them gauno, Technaflora B.C. grow & Boost(1/4 strength) and earthworm casting. Soon I will be purchasing the HPS for flower and now I need a bigger space for the next grow and leave the grow box for mothers. The temps have been around 73F and 45% humidity average. :ccc:

Grow Pics 026.jpg

Grow Pics 028.jpg

Grow Pics 030.jpg

looks awesome, i love watching your posts because it is so similar to mine. i am on day 2 after planting, hoping for results like yours.

newgreenthumb said:
Here are my babies at day 28. They have already started showing roots out of their new pots and time for bigger ones. Feeding them gauno, Technaflora B.C. grow & Boost(1/4 strength) and earthworm casting. Soon I will be purchasing the HPS for flower and now I need a bigger space for the next grow and leave the grow box for mothers. The temps have been around 73F and 45% humidity average. :ccc:
The ladies are looking great and are gonna love it when you give them a transplant as they always do. Keep up the great work man as it will pay off in the end. ;)

Excellent job dude. Those are some healthy looking plants. You are reaffirming my faith in a low nute regimen.

:eek:Thanks again for the compliment. I realized that I will not have enough money for HPS, Christmas time ya know, this go round so does anybody have link or info on what combination and type (example: kelvin rating, color spectrum and how many) of compact flouros that would help me with flowering. My grow box is 2.5 sq ft and 38" inside height. Thanks in advance.

Hey Noob post some pics of your grow. I would love to see them.

i will soon, i just got 2 to pop through the soil today! the only CFL's i have found are 2700K, not too ideal. but with your setup you can use doublers for each socket and get the 43watt cfls at walmart. the doublers are only $2 each.

Hey Noob get the daylight spectrum CFL's they have a rating of 6500k and put out 1600 lumens each. They are cool white and are available at Walmart and are made by GE. I hope this helps.

yeah, that is what i have, i am talking about the future though, you need more lumens to flower, that is what the doublers are for. i might even use the doublers when the babies get bigger, we'll see.

how tall do the plants get before they grow a second set of leaves? is there a rule of thumb for how far apart each set of leaves are?

It all depends on the light source how far apart they are from it. If using the compact floruos than the lights should be within a couple of inches from the tops of the plants. This will cause better compact internode growth. Place the back of your hand underneath the bulbs, if it gets hot after a couple of seconds then they are too close.

hey noob if you really want i good cfl go to your local light fixture retailer and ask for the most watts they have in a cfl they should bring out the big boys for you. they should cost around 6$. mine are 6500k 50watts and 2700k 50 watts they are alittie bigger then the reg but your plants will love you. you use the cfl's to set a base for the hps to work with let your babys get about 7 or 8 nodes on them and then put them under the big lights and see how she grows

sounds good, what size hps can i get away with? 3 plants and roughly 2x2x5 box. only two fans at 50cfm each. i want to make sure my plants dont get too big for the box only being 5 feet, so should i start the flowering at 1-1.5 feet?

Noob84 said:
how tall do the plants get before they grow a second set of leaves? is there a rule of thumb for how far apart each set of leaves are?

I find if a plant is growin ne further then 1/4-1/2 inch it is too much... you can tell by looking at the plant... it'll either look nice and bushy.... or tall and lanky.

Yep, I have some earthworm casting tea with an air stone bubbler in the gallon milk jug.

newgreenthumb said:
Yep, I have some earthworm casting tea with an air stone bubbler in the gallon milk jug.

Nice! You are 'in like flynn' my man:cool2: , help me to pass the word, eh?;) . Let these peeps and myself hear a little more about your method...your soil mix amendment ratios...choice of innoculants. Glad to hear it is working with technaflora, wasn't sure on that one...is that were you are getting your beasties from? Or they could be in the guano...

The beasties are in the guano and earthworm castings, I will have pics soon because they are now on 13/11 and been working down to 12/12 slowly from 20/4 lighting. I can't afford the HPS this time but will be buying the big cfl's this weekend @ 2700k each. Lighting project: (4) 42w cfls 2900 lumens each @ 2700k + (3) 26w 1600 lumens each @ 6500k in a 2.5 sq ft space totaling 6560 lumens p/sq ft and 98.4w p/sq ft. wish me luck! :)

Hey everybody I now have some new pics and this is day 47. Today I have switched to 2700k CFL for the reddish orange glow for flowering. For the last week they been given straight ph balanced water no nutes and now it is time to switch to 1/8 strength bloom nutes. Myccorhiza Fungi added to soil really helps. Out of the six one of the tallest seems to be on the outs. But still waiting to see what sex they are. Lighting has been 12/12 for about a full week now. Probably need another week to determine sex. "Patience young grasshopper" is what keeps me going. :bong:

Grow Pics 031.jpg

Grow Pics 037.jpg

Grow Pics 038.jpg

Grow Pics 039.jpg

Grow Pics 032.jpg

newgreenthumb said:
Hey everybody I now have some new pics and this is day 47. Today I have switched to 2700k CFL for the reddish orange glow for flowering.
I'm going to be very interested in how much bud with what quality you get from this grow. How many lumens per/sq ft do you have for flowering?

Latest posts

Back